PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

All Charges Against Darelle Revis Dismissed

Status
Not open for further replies.

THIS is the ONLY way he could possibly return. I wouldn't feel 2 ways about it though.

Two-year deal, vet minimum (so the Jest have to put it up to 6, haha), and a modest amount year two.

Actually if you structure it smartly you could probably work around the offset language in Revis' contract.

Something like 2 years:

2017: Vet minimum, so Jets pay most of his salary
2018: Guaranteed roster bonus in March(whenever new league years starts) of say ~5m, and then unguaranteed salary of say ~10m(or whatever is reasonable)

So you basically structure it as a deal thats $1m in year one and $15m in year 2, but due to the guarantees Revis makes an additional $5m for playing in 2017.

Of course this would probably trigger a "Bonusgate" investigation.

Revis gets $6M from jets this year UNLESS he signs somewhere else

that man is just gonna sit on his couch on Sundays, no one is offering him more than 6M
Assuming this is true, I'd like to see the Patriots offer him some figure less than $6 mil just so we can settle this discussion about whether he cares about winning or not.

Wow, that news changes things. So he'll play for peanuts.

A motivated/in shape Revis is a great fit as a CB2 in our scheme. Dennard/Browner/Ryan's lack of speed was masked with safety help in cover 2. He also could kick down in the slot in 3 WR sets.

Gilmore
Revis

Gilmore
Rowe
Revis (slot)

Jones/Jones as depth

If Butler leaves this is a solid course of action & costs next to nothing. Solid Plan B. You know he'd want to stick it to the jets.

A couple thoughts...

First of all, it's enticing that Revis is willing to play for the minimum, but if he's actually willing to play for the minimum, then there are probably 32 teams that are interested in him. In that respect, I think that him (allegedly) being willing to play for practically nothing makes it extremely unlikely he'll wind up here.

Second... Revis is intriguing, especially since it seems like the writing is on the wall with Butler. That said, he's 31 and a shadow of his former self anymore. I'm from the Bay Area, and I remember when the 49ers signed Nnamdi Asomugha. Asomugha was the premier cornerback in the NFL for a while. By the time he reached San Francisco, he was 31 and washed up...

Now, lots of 49ers fans were excited by his upside. After all, Nnamdi was playing with a chip on his shoulder, we heard about how he was ready to get back to where he used to be, etc... to make room (remember, there are only 53 spots on a roster), they ended up trying to sneak Marcus Cooper (a 7th round rookie CB) through waivers. The Chiefs claimed him.

Cooper has turned into a pretty decent CB, and Nnamdi appeared in only 3 games that year, and ended up being waived midseason.

I'm sorta intrigued by Revis, but "low-risk, high-upside" discounts that he does occupy a valuable roster spot. It doesn't happen in a vacuum.

THIS is the ONLY way he could possibly return. I wouldn't feel 2 ways about it though.

Considering what happened on his Instagram after he left (I don't think anyone with a brain buys that lame ass excuse that he was "hacked"), I have a hard time seeing him back in New England.

DO NOT WANT!
Why?
Not because of the Jet stink, etc. or because of loss of speed with age.
His mortal sin is that we saw video go Revis avoiding contact and tackles last season. This is contrary to his career where he has been a strong tackler. Once a guy loses the desire to save a play and no longer has top coverage skills(age) he's a liability to the D. Cannot be relied upon to DO HIS JOB.

Wow, that news changes things. So he'll play for peanuts.

A motivated/in shape Revis is a great fit as a CB2 in our scheme. Dennard/Browner/Ryan's lack of speed was masked with safety help in cover 2. He also could kick down in the slot in 3 WR sets.

Gilmore
Revis

Gilmore
Rowe
Revis (slot)

Jones/Jones as depth

If Butler leaves this is a solid course of action & costs next to nothing. Solid Plan B. You know he'd want to stick it to the jets.

PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!

What are you people, abused spouses who want more?????? The stink of Stockholm Syndrome is thick.

This guy repeatedly went to the press to call the Patriots cheaters the past two years.

Have some pride. otherwise, why don't we all discuss how the Patriots can hire Goodell or Kensil or Grigson for the front office......that should be peachy keen.

Considering what happened on his Instagram after he left (I don't think anyone with a brain buys that lame ass excuse that he was "hacked"), I have a hard time seeing him back in New England.
If that's true then they all really need to grow up. Who cares about some stupid social media post?

If that's true then they all really need to grow up. Who cares about some stupid social media post?

The guy that he smack talked. You know, the face of the franchise and the guy that's won this team 5 Lombardi trophies?

The guy that he smack talked. You know, the face of the franchise and the guy that's won this team 5 Lombardi trophies?
I'm sure he's said worse stuff on the football field the million times they played eachother. Grow up and get over it.

I'm sure he's said worse stuff on the football field the million times they played eachother. Grow up and get over it.
Probably. I'd bet he didn't say he was more important to the championship run than Bill and Tom on the field, though, and he also hadn't taken to the media to support the Deflategate ******** either. Since that took place, I highly doubt he's back in New England.

WHAT?

Open your eyes. It was was not a social media post:

Darrelle Revis, ex-Patriot, calls Patriots and Brady out on cheating history

"...."(The Patriots) have a history of doing stuff," Revis said, according to Mehta. "You can't hide that … Tom was there when they did that stuff in the past." "(The Patriots) have a history of doing stuff," Revis said, according to Mehta. "You can't hide that … Tom was there when they did that stuff in the past.

"New England's been doing stuff in the past and getting in trouble," Revis continued to Mehta. "When stuff repeatedly happens, then that's it. I don't know what else to tell you. Stuff repeatedly happened through the years. You got SpyGate, you got this and that and everything else. Obviously in those situations in the past, they had the evidence. So they did what they needed to do."

Revis did not say if he would give his Super Bowl ring back because he feels bad about being with such a disreputable organization when he won it. If nothing else, the reunions of that championship team might be a bit awkward.

It seems a bit disingenuous for Revis to rip the organization that he was just with, at a price tag of $12 million for that one season. Maybe not disingenuous, but just cheap. it seems pretty quick to turn on a team and a teammate you just won a championship with. But, Revis is a Jet again. The rivalry is back on."

WHAT?

"...."(The Patriots) have a history of doing stuff," Revis said, according to Mehta. "You can't hide that … Tom was there when they did that stuff in the past." "(The Patriots) have a history of doing stuff," Revis said, according to Mehta. "You can't hide that … Tom was there when they did that stuff in the past.

"New England's been doing stuff in the past and getting in trouble," Revis continued to Mehta. "When stuff repeatedly happens, then that's it. I don't know what else to tell you. Stuff repeatedly happened through the years. You got SpyGate, you got this and that and everything else. Obviously in those situations in the past, they had the evidence. So they did what they needed to do."

Revis did not say if he would give his Super Bowl ring back because he feels bad about being with such a disreputable organization when he won it. If nothing else, the reunions of that championship team might be a bit awkward.

It seems a bit disingenuous for Revis to rip the organization that he was just with, at a price tag of $12 million for that one season. Maybe not disingenuous, but just cheap. it seems pretty quick to turn on a team and a teammate you just won a championship with. But, Revis is a Jet again. The rivalry is back on."

I don't see anything there that's wrong/bad.

PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!

What are you people, abused spouses who want more?????? The stink of Stockholm Syndrome is thick.

This guy repeatedly went to the press to call the Patriots cheaters the past two years.

Have some pride. otherwise, why don't we all discuss how the Patriots can hire Goodell or Kensil or Grigson for the front office......that should be peachy keen.

He'll also play here for the veteran minimum.

Belichick doesn't care what he said, why should I?

He'll also play here for the veteran minimum.

Belichick doesn't care what he said, why should I?

That's your prerogative.

Some of us have standards.

(And who says BB doesn't care about him throwing Brady under the bus during the Deflategate case? Did you talk with Belichick?)

Its a rivalry its entertainment.
I would be willing to forgive.
However I think he plays in Philly or Pitt.

He just said he wants to play for his hometown Steelers.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him go their for the vet. min.

Let's be honest, Revis would rather be lazy and be coached by the "fun" Tomlin than actually have to work and be pushed to his limits by Belichick.

WHAT?

To be fair he called BB a jerk & then proceeded to get 12 million from BB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes