Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Post your predictions here for Week 1, New England Patriots at Miami Dolphins

This contest is open to everyone, it's both a weekly and a season-long contest.
Stakes are bragging rights.

*********** PLEASE NOTE THE SLIGHT CHANGE FOR THIS SEASON *********

Above the reply box is now an area to make your score prediction. You just slide the bars and select your score, and then post your reply with your prediction
and any additional comments in this thread so we can keep it the same way it always has been, with the exception of having you pick your score.

I haven't heard from Alamo since before last season and I'm hoping doing it this way will allow me to send him the results to make it easier for him to tabulate it. If he's not able to, then this will obviously also make it easier for me to tabulate the results and it will be updated all season, unlike the issues we had previously when it was just difficult for me to go back through and do them.

Again, Alamo's hard work and dedication is obviously underrated - as we well know :)

However, either way - this year you must make a score selection in that window for the entry to count. I tried to make it easy where it's right above the reply box you would normally use anyway, so hopefully, that works for everyone.

Otherwise, each week, either Alamo or I will tabulate and post the scores for the previous week's contest, as well as the cumulative season standings for those who have played every week. This is and always has been his thing, so I'd rather have him hopefully get back involved this year. I'm hoping this helps makes things a little easier for him to do so.

Getting back to the rules, as a one-time allowance for computer problems, forgetfulness, or whatever, one week can be missed and will be assigned that week's average score.

Scoring:
Your score is the COMBINED deviation of your predicted score for the Pats and opponents REGARDLESS OF DIRECTION. For example, if you predict Patriots 31 Texans 23 your score is how many points off of 31 the Pats are (over or under does not matter) PLUS how many points off of 23 the Texans are (over or under again does not matter). Game winner does not matter. Lowest score wins.

You may change your prediction at any time before kickoff, which the window will close at that time and your selection will stand. Please keep this thread to predictions only (after you make the pick), no back-and-forth discussion of the game. A short comment explaining your pick is OK and encouraged after you've made your selection.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I've been testing this and it's ready for people to begin using. Please follow the directions in the OP and obviously let me know if anyone runs into any issues.

I'll start things off:

My pick:
NE: 20
MIA: 19

(Updated from 21-19 to 20-19 on 9/10)
I think the Patriots steal this one thanks to Nick Folk to start off the season 1-0 :cool:

Last edited:
The slider is pretty cool
Pats 30
Fish - 21

Patriots 24
Fins 20

24 Pats - 21 Fins
1 passing TD, 2 rushing TDs and a FG from the Folk Hero
Fins get 3 in the air but come up short

Patriots 24
Fins 20
Don't forget - you have to make your selection in the slider for this to count. I just looked and didn't see your pick in the database ;)

And after your pick is made, it will appear in the box when you're in this thread:

This is mine (as an example:)
1662655746055.png

NE 30
MIA 13

24 Pats - 21 Fins
1 passing TD, 2 rushing TDs and a FG from the Folk Hero
Fins get 3 in the air but come up short
Same thing with yours - just looked, you have to make your pick in the box above the reply area for this to count. ;)

Thank you Ian for your clues

Tried to make this super-easy where the pick selection is right above the reply area. So don't forget to pick the score there first before you reply ;)

Same thing with yours - just looked, you have to make your pick in the box above the reply area for this to count. ;)
Did it work? I'm slow today! Haha

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220908-095502_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20220908-095502_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    558.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Winner
Reactions: Ian
Thank you Ian for your clues
LOL, I know it's a little bit of a change, but I tried to come up with a relatively easy way for people to do this while keeping things as close to the same as possible. It's week one - we'll get it sorted :)

Did it work? I'm slow today! Haha
That's perfect :)

And for everybody else, you'll know it's in there if you see it in the box after you refresh. It will stay there up until kickoff.

Gonna be an ugly one and I think the Pats are up for it. Squish The Fish.
16-13 Pats

Last edited:
29-20, Dolphins. It seems like every time I pick us against Miami, we lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down