PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Akers is out for the season, perfect trade destination for Michel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RBs are a dime a dozen in the NFL. The Rams will find one cheap if they don’t already have one on the roster. Harry isn’t worth a pack of gum. This trade scenario is laughable.

3rd-year (#70 overall of 2019 draft) Darrell Henderson is next man up there; and while he was good last season, I don't think he's built to carry the load like Cam Akers is/was...Lams should definitely be in the RB business now...

Sure, just trade Michel for a 5th and assume that all will remains healthy AND Taylor and Stevenson will be major contributors.
Cam is essentially another RB. Newton ran for 600 yards and 12 TDs.

I would not accept anything less than a 2nd and another lower pick for the great Georgia RB.

If you'd trade Michel for a 6th round pick, I don't want you anywhere near my team's decision-making.
I don't think they will deal Michel regardless of his contract situation, nor do I think that they will get his true value because he's just a rental for 2021. I think he's here through the end of his deal. I would not deal him for anything less than a third at this point, and no one is going to pay you a third for him. My 6th round pick for Harry and Michel was sarcasm. My response is based on that dealing a bust WR and a rental RB for a premium WR with a good contract was not realistic. This is keeping in mind there's a difference between premium and premier. I know how people love to parse words around here.

Harry is getting cut, and everyone here and in the NFL knows it. He has zero trade value, no matter what his agent says. Michel is going to get a raise next year, but not real RB1 type pay. So, would you trade Michel straight up for Kupp if you're the Rams? No way. Anything the Pats get for Harry is a bonus, but I believe he's going to get cut and sign for the league minimum somewhere if he's lucky. The rest of the noise from his agent: hype and spin in an effort to keep Harry on his rookie deal and perhaps get him paid better than the league min. Just one man's opinion, anyway.

Multiple underperforming players do not equal on really good player.

If the Rams are willing to trade Cupp for Sony Michel and N'Keal Harry, Les Snead would need to be fired right on the spot.

Although old AP is available. Gets you some depth behind Henderson.

Multiple underperforming players do not equal on really good player.

If the Rams are willing to trade Cupp for Sony Michel and N'Keal Harry, Les Snead would need to be fired right on the spot.
And it also cost them 17.5 mill in dead cap to make that trade lol.

Might be in the minority but I'm good with keeping Michel unless it's a really good offer (4th-5th). Give me the depth, solid RB2 > a late rounder.
I'd gladly take a 6th for Harry lol. I'd rather take a swing on someone else's bust though if there's any guys we liked in the draft that busted somewhere else.

I mean sure this trade works in a hypothetical world where the entire NFL is bending over backwards to do us a solid. But Michel is not worth Cupp. There’s a chance Michel gets cut due to overcrowding.

The Rams are less desperate at RB than we are at WR.

sb, I get your point, but with a rb depth chart of Harris, Michel, Stevenson, White, JJ Taylor and Bolden, it is pretty crowded and stacked. If there was ever a time to trade him and get something of value in return, if we can, I think now is the time. If we are just trading Sony for the sake of trading him, I would say no, let's keep him. We saw late last year that he can be very productive.
I like Sony but Bill's opinion is the only one that matters

The Rams are considered to be a superbowl favorite in the NFC.
Mcvay and Belichick have respect for one another.
How about Michel and Harry for Cooper Kupp?
How much time has Kupp missed? Seems like a lot.

The Rams are considered to be a superbowl favorite in the NFC.
Mcvay and Belichick have respect for one another.
How about Michel and Harry for Cooper Kupp?
1626802685747.jpeg
“Anyway, as I was lying in the puddle, I think I may have found a way for us to get Bonds and Griffey, and we wouldn't have to give up that much.”

View attachment 34073
“Anyway, as I was lying in the puddle, I think I may have found a way for us to get Bonds and Griffey, and we wouldn't have to give up that much.”
Costanza would of done better than Caserio.
When issues of Metcalf wonderlic came up George would of quipped he can read.
We all know the biases of standardized tests.

Costanza would of done better than Caserio.
When issues of Metcalf wonderlic came up George would of quipped he can read.
We all know the biases of standardized tests.
Belichick would say these aren’t standardized tests these are his grades.

So many trade proposals are unnecessarily complicated. The Rams make sense as a potential team to offer a draft pick for Michel if the Patriots make him available.

Thoughts:

1.) Let's see what Michel has....

2.) Let's see what Stevenson & Taylor have too...

3.) Bolden is a ST ace...he's sticking.

4.) Do the Rams even have draft picks to give us? I don't see any good players they have that would work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back