PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AJ Brown Cried His Eyes Out. So did I

The Pats had 2 opportunities to get him. Instead the took Harry and Slowjuan Williams. and don't forget about passing on DK Metcalf...what a disastrous draft.

Last edited:
What amazes me about Nkeal is that we always went for a certain prototype of WRs, more twitchy and cerebral

He completely broke the mold in everything but one small thing called quality

What amazes me about Nkeal is that we always went for a certain prototype of WRs, more twitchy and cerebral

He completely broke the mold in everything but one small thing called quality
IIRC his first year was the year Gronk left. Maybe we were looking for some bigger bodies. Also, was that the year we started in camp with Josh Gordon and Demarius Thomas, and both got cut? Which would bolster the thought that we were looking to add size.

Nike the dog has to be the culprit who picks NE WRs.

Brown and Deebo Samuel did not look too generous with the milk bones, but Harry did.

Instead of reveling in the Pats successes, the tendency is to focus on the ones that got away... human nature???

35 teams passed on Deebo Samuel and 50 NFL Teams passed on AJ Brown, but Pats myopia often clouds the view.

1640431722111.png

Only two more days until Harry makes us all forget about Brown (and the other guys who shall not be named).
High Point Harry
Mr. 50/50 Ball
Elite 1st round Run Blocker
Forever NE's #1
Football Reaction GIF by New England Patriots

Longest catch by season:
2019.....18 yds
2020.....30 yds
2021.....43 yds

His upward trajectory is .........

Blown Away Wow GIF by Aminé

I can easily see Harry going off on Sunday....topping his season high 2 reception game with 3, possibly 4 catches.
Bip Buckle Up GIF by Bachelor in Paradise

Last edited:
With high draft picks the Pats are about 0/3 on WR and 0/8 on CBs. Just avoid drafting WR/CB entirely with high picks. Especially when they keep finding UDFA guys who can play CB and WR.

I get this in hindsight but let's not act like Harry wasn't rated similairly to Brown in pretty much all the draftnik rankings and in some was even considered rated higher than Brown.

People act like Harry was a "wtf who" pick? He really wasn't.

I'm much more annoyed they didn't double dip at WR in that draft when WR was a need. Draft could have easily played out like this.

32- Harry
45- Brown
77- BPA defense
87- Harris

High Point Harry
Mr. 50/50 Ball
Elite 1st round Run Blocker
Forever NE's #1
Football Reaction GIF by New England Patriots

Longest catch by season:
2019.....18 yds
2020.....30 yds
2021.....43 yds

His upward trajectory is .........

Blown Away Wow GIF by Aminé

I can easily see Harry going off on Sunday....topping his season high 2 reception game with 3, possibly 4 catches.
Bip Buckle Up GIF by Bachelor in Paradise

Hey, don't be a N'hater!

I get this in hindsight but let's not act like Harry wasn't rated similairly to Brown in pretty much all the draftnik rankings and in some was even considered rated higher than Brown.

People act like Harry was a "wtf who" pick? He really wasn't.

I'm much more annoyed they didn't double dip at WR in that draft when WR was a need. Draft could have easily played out like this.

32- Harry
45- Brown
77- BPA defense
87- Harris
he wasnt...only on that had nkeal close to brown was FO.

but also to be fair, thats irrelevant. We didnt have a need for a WR like marquise brown in our offense vs Harry was a high rated big body contested catch guy. I believe BB was trying to get a gronk like player. Nkeal seems to block well so that part is a plus

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back