PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Air Quality Index in Seattle (update: NFL says it's "monitoring the situation")

Status
Not open for further replies.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score

Right now it's 203. I would think that's unplayable if the game was today. Has to be a huge impact to their practice too. Worth watching...

Right now it's 203. I would think that's unplayable if the game was today. Has to be a huge impact to their practice too. Worth watching...

Conveniently both the Seahawks and Patriots have their BYE in the same week. So you can easily guess what the solution would be if the AQI stays over 200 (or gets even worse). I'd rather take a probable L this week than lose the BYE.

Conveniently both the Seahawks and Patriots have their BYE in the same week. So you can easily guess what the solution would be if the AQI stays over 200 (or gets even worse). I'd rather take a probable L this week than lose the BYE.

Yep and that would really suck. Just move it to a neutral site Seahawks aren't losing much as there's no real HFA for anyone anyway.

Yep and that would really suck. Just move it to a neutral site Seahawks aren't losing much as there's no real HFA for anyone anyway.

Or could they even convert T-Mobile park to a temporary football field? They have a retractable roof

Or could they even convert T-Mobile park to a temporary football field? They have a retractable roof
The air is so bad that even the Mariners game played yesterday INDOORS was smoke-filled. HVAC couldn't even filter it all out.
i

I would think that logistically the NFL would need to make a decision in the next 24-48 hours, as they would also need to move another game to Sunday night - and need to give enough time to NBC to amend their plans with all their broadcasting equipment.

**** I hadn't thought about that. No way the NFL can play a game out there...absolutely no way.

I read where the AQI has to be 200 or below. Is the pushing it or is the fine for people in the know?

• Interesting
Reactions: Ian
I just saw an Air Quality forecast say things will be much better on Sunday but I sure would hate to be at a Seattle practice.

I believe it was 1992 when a hurricane canceled the Pats' season opener in Miami. Both teams had the same bye week so they proceeded to play 16 games straight, the Pats going 2-14. :(

I think it will be a non-issue. Seattle all the way down to Oregon will have rain on Wed/Thurs so it should be good conditions this weekend.

I think it will be a non-issue. Seattle all the way down to Oregon will have rain on Wed/Thurs so it should be good conditions this weekend.

Even still - huge advantage I would think to the Pats. Seahawks won't be able to practice properly in those conditions.

Wow, I did not even think of this issue until I saw this thread. While I hope it clears up for the game, obviously folks in that area of the West Coast are dealing with some major tragedy and I hope the weather brings rain and cool weather for their lives more than our football team.

AQI in SF was at 171 at game time and they played. Obviously 200+ may be too high.

PNW as well, was around 300 yesterday. Its supposed to be dropping by Thursday (we hope), so the game should be better.

Yikes that's even worse than the air quality that SF and AZ played in on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes