PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION AFCCG: Bengals at Chiefs

Rams will be favored against the Chiefs?

Why?

Yes the Rams offense is capable of putting up crooked numbers. But Stafford is a huge wild card. I'm not a huge fan of Favre like QB's who can throw a 60 yard bomb at any minute. Yet, are just as likely to throw a pick six.

It would be similar to the Patriots-Falcons SB. Atlanta had better receivers as a whole. But NE had the better and more trustworthy QB. And that's how the game played out. Brady was Brady. Ryan was...a notch below.
Rams will be at home (though I’m sure the crowd won’t be all LA). They have explosive athletes on each side of the ball. Donald can wreak havoc and Ramsey is good for a big play as well. The WRs are amazing.

Rams will be favored against the Chiefs?

Why?

Yes the Rams offense is capable of putting up crooked numbers. But Stafford is a huge wild card. I'm not a huge fan of Favre like QB's who can throw a 60 yard bomb at any minute. Yet, are just as likely to throw a pick six.

It would be similar to the Patriots-Falcons SB. Atlanta had better receivers as a whole. But NE had the better and more trustworthy QB. And that's how the game played out. Brady was Brady. Ryan was...a notch below.

Stafford had a better year than Mahomes and their defense is extremely good. Mahomes will put up points, this won’t be like last years Super Bowl, but the Rams offense atm is on another level in terms of versatility with Akers back to pair with Sony and OBJ having a total rejuvenation. And Van Jefferson is low key great. The Chiefs defense are frauds frankly.

Rams will be at home (though I’m sure the crowd won’t be all LA). They have explosive athletes on each side of the ball. Donald can wreak havoc and Ramsey is good for a big play as well. The WRs are amazing.
I agree with you.

But...

Stafford is still a question mark imo. I don't fully trust him to make the plays when he absolutely has to. At least not when #15 is on the other sideline.

The HFA is an advantage in the sense the Chiefs would have to travel cross country. The Rams wouldn't. But that is kind of moot when said travel occurs one week before the game.

How many Rams fans will be in that crowd? Opposing fans tend to take over their stadium.

Stafford had a better year than Mahomes and their defense is extremely good.
Regular season Stafford was better.

But the postseason has been a different story.

It's very possible we see a repeat of SB 52. Where the better and more accomplished QB loses due to his defense.

The question is whether Stafford would take advantage like Foles did. And whether McVay would be willing to take more risks against a suspect D.

Would be a good matchup. Alot better than SF-KC.

It obviously will be Chiefs vs. Rams in the Super Bowl. All the weight of that game will be on Staffords shoulders. With all the weapons at his disposal there are no excuses.

I agree with you.

But...

Stafford is still a question mark imo. I don't fully trust him to make the plays when he absolutely has to. At least not when #15 is on the other sideline.

The HFA is an advantage in the sense the Chiefs would have to travel cross country. The Rams wouldn't. But that is kind of moot when said travel occurs one week before the game.

How many Rams fans will be in that crowd? Opposing fans tend to take over their stadium.

This will be a Home Super Bowl in Los Angeles in the leagues best new stadium. Absolutely every single A and B list celeb and their hanger ons will be getting tickets. They will price out Chiefs fans who have already paid to go to two straight Super Bowls already so that novelty of “gotta do it this is once in a lifetime thing” has passed just like what happened during the Pats Super Bowl run.

Also check back on that Rams/Cards playoff game. It was ALL Rams fans and they were loud. They are total bandwagoners but they exist now whereas 3 years ago they didn’t.

Stafford showed he could make the plays in a big spot last week. What more does he have to show.

This is Staffords two playoff games. No they aren’t the gaudy Mahomes level numbers but find a mistake or inefficiency here. You can’t. It’s not his fault his running backs fumbled twice and Kupp also fumbled.

50-B0-A88-D-E0-D9-4-FD1-9-E6-F-E54-E8-BF7501-B.jpg

This will be a Home Super Bowl in Los Angeles in the leagues best new stadium. Absolutely every single A and B list celeb and their hanger ons will be getting tickets. They will price out Chiefs fans who have already paid to go to two straight Super Bowls already so that novelty of “gotta do it this is once in a lifetime thing” has passed just like what happened during the Pats Super Bowl run.

Also check back on that Rams/Cards playoff game. It was ALL Rams fans and they were loud. They are total bandwagoners but they exist now whereas 3 years ago they didn’t.
I agree there will be more Rams fans.

I'm hoping this is the matchup.

SF-KC would be meh because of the expected blowout. And Rams/SF-Cin would be meh for me because my team isn't playing in it.

Last week was the week for the underdog road teams. I think that will end today. I expect a Chiefs/Rams Super Bowl. I hope I am wrong at least on the AFC side.

This is Staffords two playoff games. No they aren’t the gaudy Mahomes level numbers but find a mistake or inefficiency here. You can’t. It’s not his fault his running backs fumbled twice and Kupp also fumbled.

50-B0-A88-D-E0-D9-4-FD1-9-E6-F-E54-E8-BF7501-B.jpg
They are impressive.

But I can't shake the feeling he is going to throw a killer pick at the wrong time.

Stafford showed he could make the plays in a big spot last week. What more does he have to show.
Win the SB?

The Rams are a team in SB or bust mode.

They rightfully mortgaged alot to win the SB this and next year.

Getting to, and losing, wouldn't be enough imo.

They are impressive.

But I can't shake the feeling he is going to throw a killer pick at the wrong time.

Matt Stafford has no super bowl resume. Pat Mahomes does. And it’s a bad one as Mahomes has thrown 2 TDs and 4 INTs. Just saying.

I doubt he’ll pull a choke job. I just think he’ll simply play poorly overall like last week.

he was pretty bad against dallas too. Sf’s defense would probably have to carry them again and probably need a def/st td

Win the SB?

The Rams are a team in SB or bust mode.

They rightfully mortgaged alot to win the SB this and next year.

Getting to, and losing, wouldn't be enough imo.

Who would you rather play in the SB?

Matt Stafford has no super bowl resume. Pat Mahomes does. And it’s a bad one as Mahomes has thrown 2 TDs and 4 INTs. Just saying.
True.

But he made the plays necessary to win the SB against 49ers.

Last year no QB would've won that game. He had no chance.

True.

But he made the plays necessary to win the SB against 49ers.

Last year no QB would've won that game. He had no chance.

He created a ton of his own pressure in last years super bowl. Brady has faced comparable offensive line breakdowns and kept the game close on several occasions.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back