PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC Standings : Week 1 Aftermath

MossWelkowski

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
After the chargers game finished last night I went a took a peek at the afc standings and I really don't know what I was so worried about with the patriots loss to Miami.

http://www.nfl.com/standings

Just look at the teams that are 1-0 or even 0-1. The patriots can and should beat all of those teams home or away with th exception of Denver. The AFC is going to be crap this year and arguably more crappy than it has been since 2012.

Fully expecting a first round bye for the pats again locked up probably in week 15 or 16. I'm expecting a ton of 9-7 and 8-8 teams in the afc this year.

If we can get a win on Sunday at Minnesota, all will be right. Then we can begin to look at the home opener vs Oakland in an attempt to go to 2-1.

Let's take it one game at a time though. Remember when we lost to ARZ in the 2nd game in 2012 when AHern got hurt, then we had to go down to BAL the next week and started 1-2 due to that crap missed FG attempt?

The next week we were going into the half vs BUF and had it not been for a huge comeback and a key Wilfork causing fumble, they would've been 1-2 and losing to BUF at halftime of that game as well.

I was staring 1-3 in the face deep into the second quarter of that game until things started to turn around right before the half.

The AFCE universe gets back in equilibrium this week. There will be only 1 undefeated team.

NYJ @ GB
MIA @ BUF

I'm thinking a monster DT with the #1 pick and then hit the O line hard with #33 :)
Of course BB will trade back for a slew of #2s (his sweet spot LOL)

Guys, every year, this happens. Don't forget:

2010: 14-2
2011: 13-3
2012: 12-4
2013: 12-4.

This is a long season. Have some faith.

It sucks that the Pats' lost, but it is one friggin game. The Pats lost a division game in a place where the Pats do not have a great success rate of winning in the Brady/Belichick era.

Watching Denver on Sunday, they look very beatable. They were almost as badly outplayed in the second half against the Colts as the Pats were outplayed by Miami in the second half. The Colts probably should have won that game if not for a couple of lucky bounces for the Broncos (both interceptions of Luck were tipped balls and Julius Thomas' fumble bounced by three Colts defenders into a Broncos' arms). They could go 11-5 with their schedule.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
Back