PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC Divisional: We're on to the Chargers (Beat LA!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally forgot Edelman didn’t play in the matchup last season.

you live in Toronto? why not a Bears fan? or Lions?..jus' askin'...

Toronto is 60 mi from Buffalo. The Bills have actually played games in Toronto.

Detroit is more than 200 mi as the crow flies and Chicago is over 430 mi, about the same distance as Boston.

This doesn't seem to be getting nearly enough attention. He's a very good player and his injury could definitely affect their offense

It's huge if he's limited or cant play.
Not the same offense w/o him.

Chargers have the better TE (Right now), Receivers, RB, O-Line, and defense. I'd take them easily if this game were in LA. But I can't say any team will easily beat a BB & Brady led team in Foxboro in January (Though the Ravens X2 and Jets did it). And frankly, this team has played better this year against top teams. I'll say 34-26 Chargers.

BTW, does Hollister going on IR affect us negatively? Or is he just a jag?

They don't have the better offensive line. Or running backs, for that matter. Gordon's a top-10 RB, but has 2 bad knees, and the cupboard is bare after that.

This doesn't seem to be getting nearly enough attention. He's a very good player and his injury could definitely affect their offense

They'll be fine without Gordon at 100%- they still have Ekelar and Justin Jackson

Not quite the Patriot way but I can dig it.

Pouncey did not participate due a thumb? Can’t find more on this...I would assume this is his snapping hand?

Rivers last 3 games...

vs Ravens: 181 Yards / 0 TDs / 2 INTs / 51.7 Rating
@ Broncos: 176 Yards / 0 TDs / 2 INTs / 60.4 Rating
@ Ravens: 160 Yards / 0 TDs / 0 INTs / 80.2 Rating
So, he didn’t do particularly well against the NFL’s top rated defense in 2/3 past games, and he struggled on the road @Mile High? And yet, still, somehow they won twice.

Not sure that we can really walk away with too much from this stat, although we can certainly hope that the trend continues.

Rivers last 3 games...

vs Ravens: 181 Yards / 0 TDs / 2 INTs / 51.7 Rating
@ Broncos: 176 Yards / 0 TDs / 2 INTs / 60.4 Rating
@ Ravens: 160 Yards / 0 TDs / 0 INTs / 80.2 Rating
Pessimistic Philip?? :D:D

So, he didn’t do particularly well against the NFL’s top rated defense in 2/3 past games, and he struggled on the road @Mile High? And yet, still, somehow they won twice.

Not sure that we can really walk away with too much from this stat, although we can certainly hope that the trend continues.

Last edited:

Donkeys had a good D this year as well.

Donkeys had a good D this year as well.
I don’t know where they ranked and whether or not it would be considered “good,” but they tend to play more aggressively at home, and it was a divisional opponent to boot. I just don’t know how much we can take from it, that’s all.

It’s a stat for the optimists, but those were three fairly tough games and they were firmly in control of two of them, winning both. Even the loss to the Ravens was a close, one score game until the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes