PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC Championship Game: Jets at Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. The frustration/anger I think is from knowing/feeling they were good enough to win.
When the Pats were "on" this year, their execution was beautiful.

what? WIN WHAT? That defense was a fraud imo.....If the pats made the sb chances are a-rol would take advantage of them.

The Patriots running game is a lot better when the team has a lead and Brady is throwing almost perfectly than it is when the team is behind and Brady's making bad passes. It's not really designed to batter the hell out of an opponent that knows it's coming.

But the Jets defensive game-plan called for the unit to put all their eggs in one basket by only dressing four down lineman and using nickel and dime packages throughout. I mean, if that does not bespeak a team who is ceding the run in order to stop the pass, then nothing does.

LdT 5 runs, 12 carries, 2.4 ypc

Coming up big once again

Are you even half way serious? Our 45 point game was due to running the ball down their throat and not trying to pass?

Remember, in our first two drives, we ran and passed balanced. We didn't score.

I'll just drop it. Absurd. We were balanced both two starting drives. First game, we scored ten points, then scored a touchdown and went up 17-0.

Last week, we threw an INT, then had a dropped TD pass and were soon behind 7-3, which is just like being ahead 17-0?:rolleyes:

Rex Ryan...OK we're up 7-3, don't worry about those receivers, that Brady guy can't beat us, just don't let BJGE beat us!

So 2 rushing TDs and 101 yards rushing isn't running the ball down their throat?

Mark Sanchez is the best playoff QB in the NFL right now.

what? WIN WHAT? That defense was a fraud imo.....If the pats made the sb chances are a-rol would take advantage of them.

D was sketchy. But If the O brings their A game, I think they beat anyone left in this thing.

But the Jets defensive game-plan called for the unit to put all their eggs in one basket by only dressing four down lineman and using nickel and dime packages throughout. I mean, if that does not bespeak a team who is ceding the run in order to stop the pass, then nothing does.

This is perhaps the most baffling thing about the game-planning that we saw that day. Granted the inactives list doesn't come out until an hour and half before the game, but that should have called for at least some last minute tinkering.

The only good thing about this drive for the Steelers is that it is taking a lot of time off the clock. They might run out of time to mount the comeback.

The Jets doing that goes right to what RayClay and I are saying. The Jets were perfectly willing to let the Patriots run against an undermanned D-line.

Last edited:
steelers are going to lose this for sure...

If the jets score here it's imperative that the rapist leads a TD drive to give this D a blow.

I have a question for the Jason Whitlocks of the world:

If the Jets' win over the Pats validates everything they (NYJ) said and did and stood for before their game last week, would a win by the Steelers validate everything Roethlisberger stands for?

Roethlisberger doesn't really "stand for" anything. He has made a number of stupid decisions off the field, he took his pill and sat out for four weeks. He wasn't proclaiming to be a martyr, and to my knowledge hasn't gone off on baseless tirades like Bart Scott and the sperm donor have. He seems like a typical athlete that thinks highly of himself and perhaps thinks he can get away some stupid decision making in his personal life. As far as actual NFL antics and the way the media covers it, there isn't a whole lot of similarity to the Jets. They're just loud douchebags with a pervert coach.

Can't believe Ryan Clark got yammed on like that

Steelers must have been getting measured for their rings at half time cause they sure aren't focused now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST