PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adios Ocho - Ola Randy Moss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it possible he just has very poor Football IQ?? I mean Woodhead was able to come in last year, could read the coverages and was able to put 1000yards from scrimmage without even a training camp and was scoring TD's before Tom brady knew his name.

Ochocinco has the talent(he put up 800yards last year) but he just seems lost out there..and this is an offense that relies more on football IQ than just raw receiver talent...im starting to think the offensive playcalling in Cincinatti mustve just been "run around until you get open and well pass to you"

im ready to give taylor price a chance...hes big, fast and if he knows his routes better than ocho...he at least can offer something more

Regarding Price, Patriots in Progress mentioned yesterday that there is some concern with Price knowing his assignments.

Ocho is not the same kind of talent as Moss. I think we all realize that. Moss was a generational talent in his prime. But Ocho also doesn't dog plays or complain when the ball isn't coming to him enough.

Ocho's struggling with the offense, but he is finding little ways to contribute, either with catching or blocking. Since we've got him and Price hasnt overtaken him, there's really nothing left to do but let it ride and hope he finally clicks. Because right now he's only the 5th receiving option as someone has already mentioned. No need to get stressed about it.

Last edited:
I wonder if Belichick ever considered using Taylor Price as a Kick returner and see how he performs in an open field?...then if he looks decent move on up to #4 receiver spot that Ocho currently is wasting away.

I'm glad that BB coaches the team, and not anyone from patsfans.com

Ocho is not the same kind of talent as Moss. I think we all realize that. Moss was a generational talent in his prime. But Ocho also doesn't dog plays or complain when the ball isn't coming to him enough.

Ocho's struggling with the offense, but he is finding little ways to contribute, either with catching or blocking. Since we've got him and Price hasnt overtaken him, there's really nothing left to do but let it ride and hope he finally clicks. Because right now he's only the 5th receiving option as someone has already mentioned. No need to get stressed about it.

Couldn't have put it better. A lot of posters don't realize that Ocho is doing all the small things to help the team win, and keeping his mouth shut on top of that. Perhaps his salary doesn't justify that, but he is making the best of his opportunity here, and I'll take that.

Please, make it stop!

:spygate:

Nothing like taking things out of context..
First, one of the reasons his "tweeting" is down is because he had lost a bet.

Second, Randy Moss was traded because BB could tell Randy had lost a step and that Randy's motivation was gone.

Third, you seem to forget that Brady has lost confidence in Moss. There was more than a few articles about it.

As for the Kirk Minihane article, it's garbage. He totally overlooks that Chad is the 5th option at receiver behind Welker, Gronkowski, Hernandez and Branch. And it's important to note that the Pats, when running a multi-receiver set, are typically doing it out of the 2TE/2WR/1RB formation to keep the opposing defenses guessing.

Finally, the claim by Minihane that Price is ahead of Ocho on the depth chart isn't supported by anything.

Instead of pining for a WR who was traded and then cut by the team he was traded too, how about you just try and sit back and enjoy the team? Or is that too much to ask?

I find the advice 'just sit back and enjoy the team' somewhat ironic coming from a guy who has authored 18,000 posts about the team.

That said, I basically agree with DaBruinz's points. No sense in ending the experiment now.

And there are always plenty of examples of some guys outplaying their contract and some getting overpaid. You might also note that Shaun Ellis is making more than Andre Carter, Mark Anderson, and Kyle Love combined. Leigh Bodden makes eight times Kyle Arrington's pay. On the other hand, Belichick released the more expensive James Sanders for the cheaper Barrett, Brown, Ihedigbo combination, and we might like to have Sanders back rather than one of those three.

In the end, the Patriots are well under the cap. They could have added a Julius Peppers under this cap, even with Ellis, Ochocinco, and Bodden on the payroll. In the end, it takes a while to pick up the wide receiver position. Maybe he'll contribute in the second half. Let's just hope the Pats don't need any more production from their #5 guy.

Just teasing you up front, DaBruinz.

Whats positive about Ocho?

That his Prius gets 39 mpg.
I think its pretty positive that we have a guy with his talent so deep on the depth chart, and have the potential to increase his role, or be a viable replacement in case of an injury.

I'm glad that BB coaches the team, and not anyone from patsfans.com
I wish he would coach many posters from patsfans.com

bye Ocho hello Randy

the title of this one caught me off guard at first glance, i didn't see the question mark.

I literally thought we cut Ocho and signed Moss until I opened the thread. Rookie mistake i guess
The OP isnt a rookie

You are correct, but Ochostinko should at least be able to come in during certain down and distance situations. He can't even stay put for a snap count. It's ridiculous. Let's hope he has an epiphany during the bye and comes back knowing what he is supposed to do.

Then I guess you are also going to complain about Gronkowski, Hernandez, Branch and Welker who have also drawn false start penalties..

If not, then you are being ridiculous.

I think its pretty positive that we have a guy with his talent so deep on the depth chart, and have the potential to increase his role, or be a viable replacement in case of an injury.

Talent should include knowing the playbook and catching the ball dont you think?

The Pats thought they needed a deep threat and still dont have anyone.

I don't 1-star thread often, but when I do, I make sure they deserve it.

(More so the article than the thread, though)

Yeah, he just didn't execute it consistently and increasingly took up more space than he drew coverage and obcessed about his status and lacked mental toughness not to mention was physically breaking down. But aside from that he was a much better fit...LOL

The guy clearly had lost it:rolleyes:

450x362-alg_randy_moss.jpg

Moss started 3 games in 2010 and averaged 3 TDs.
Randy Moss NFL & AFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Maybe Ocho will break out and have 3 TDs in 16 games?

Can we just end this thread? No matter how many time we rehash this argument week after week, there are two simple facts that makes this argument moot: 1.) The Pats seem to have zero intention of cutting Chad Ochocinco 2.) The Pats clearly have no intention of signing Randy Moss. We can go back and forth on this argument for the rest of the season, but I don't see either of those facts changing.

Now if the Pats could have gotten Brandon Lloyd to agree to a long term deal and negotiated a trade with Denver, the fact about Ochocinco could have changed. But the Pats have made it very clear they have no intention of changing the fact they are done with Moss barring potentially a doomsday scenario where they lose two or three WRs. At this point, Moss would probably pay the Pats to let him play for them and the Pats want none of that.

He is a guy who needs to play loose (although not undisciplined as he did in Cincy). He isn't doing that here. He's become uncomfortable (afraid) on every snap that he's gonna F up and it shows. He's having to think about rules and reads and adjustments and fits and depths and cuts and processing that level of detail flumoxes lots of otherwise talented guys who try to play here.

I agree completely here, and although I wrote about the fact that his future could potentially have been in question, they're not moving him. I think Bill knows the talent is there, but it's not being seen on the field because he's going out on every snap afraid of running the wrong way and having Brady get pissed at him. It's a different group here in New England where everyone here is better and on a different level than he's ever been at, and I'm sure there's a lot of self doubt he's battling with.

So I think they're going to continue to try and work him in and I think in 4-5 weeks we'll hopefully see him more involved. Otherwise if we're in weeks 12-16 and he's still only seeing a limited number of snaps, they'll have to address it and move in another direction when the offseason comes.

But as for Randy Moss, I'm this close to replacing his name with the 'beating a dead horse' icon. He's not coming back, so it's time to let that one go. :spygate:

Last edited:
Not on a team that prides itself in not overpaying for inferior production. They didn't trade picks and pay him $6M to be a 5th or 6th option in 2011, believe me... That's the anthesis of the Belichick compensation model...

Nobody's saying the Pats got their money's worth. I'm just saying, we're not Bob Kraft, it's not our bank account, and as a 5th/6th option, he can be productive in that role and help us win a championship.

I agree completely here, and although I wrote about the fact that his future could potentially have been in question, they're not moving him. I think Bill knows the talent is there, but it's not being seen on the field because he's going out on every snap afraid of running the wrong way and having Brady get pissed at him. It's a different group here in New England where everyone here is better and on a different level than he's ever been at, and I'm sure there's a lot of self doubt he's battling with.

So I think they're going to continue to try and work him in and I think in 4-5 weeks we'll hopefully see him more involved. Otherwise if we're in weeks 12-16 and he's still only seeing a limited number of snaps, they'll have to address it and move in another direction when the offseason comes.

But as for Randy Moss, I'm this close to replacing his name with the 'beating a dead horse' icon. He's not coming back, so it's time to let that one go. :spygate:

Any way to just replace the dead horse in that icon with Randy's name? That would be awesome if to have the little balley guy beating Moss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back