PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Add One Former Patriot to this team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stanley Morgan. Put Talib on him. Lotsa luck, he'd eat his lunch.

Hannah, but probably Seymour or Revis from the Belichick era. Seymour's the more obvious choice since he affects both the run and the pass.

I would want to improve the teams biggest weakness, and that would be on defense. Though Ty Law opposite Gilmore would be awesome, I think we need a stud linebacker. A linebacker that could stuff the run, because this game will be won if we stop Gurley and position the defense well every play.

I am thinking an early Jarod Mayo would fit this team well. Great tackler and was always in the correct position on defense. Maybe not flashy, but would make our front 7 that much better. McGinnest and Bruschi would be my backup plans, because I think Mayo was the fusion of those two.

My three top choices would be Wilford, Seymour or Ty Law.

I look at the biggest weakness on the current team which IMO is run defense. Especially this week when the Rams have a quality O line with two good RB's. They basically dared the chiefs to run by running a 2-4-5 look most of the game and they wouldn't do it so I take the low rushing yards with a major grain of salt. I don't buy the year long issues being "fixed" for two games. So my vote is either 2003 Ted Washington or 2011 Wilfork. They would allow the LB's to run free and get the outside takles while giving nothing up the middle.

That said Moss, Gronk, Eldeman, and White all on the field healthy would be a Brady wet dream.

Gotta go with Wilfork. Big Vince in his prime would be a godsend on this defensive team.

That said... as much of a troubled human being as he turned out to be... I wouldn't say no to Aaron Hernandez either.

I mean, you have choices between the second greatest wide receiver ever, a top-5 cornerback (Revis) and another in the top-20, a top-10 defensive tackle, two of the greatest nose tackles (albeit one very late in his career)... Lots of good choices.

Seymour. In today's game of nickel/dime coverages galore, having a 3-down DL-man like him is huge, especially paired with Flowers. Both can go inside, outside...confuse the **** out of Goff and McVay.

Regards,
Chris

I think we got this one so I'm gonna grab Junior because who wouldn't want to win for him.

"Late to the play" Willie Clay
I always got a kick out of Lawyer Milloy doing his fist pump rountine after tackling a guy.....who got a first down.

No, **** Hannah. Great player and he was right to talk **** about Eason but keep that in the locker room. I don't know how anyone would want a player who would call out their own QB like that.

One very good reason - he's the standard every guard is compared to. Period.

Randolph Moss AKA Randy.

Tippett or Wilfork would indeed make a lot of difference. But, MOSS would put this team on another level (as pointed out by someone else).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back