PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Add One Former Patriot to this team

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJRomanoff

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
If you could add any one Belichick era player from the past to the current team, who would you select? I'm curious if there's an obvious choice. I am torn between Wilfork and Moss.

Andre Tippett.

Edit - didn't pay attention to the Belichick era portion of the OP.

Last edited:
I'd probably add Moss, and if not him I'd probably add Mankins or Wilfork purely for matchup reasons.

Basically, looking at the Rams, Donald Gurley and Suh are what scare me, so I'd add someone accordingly.

For this game another receiver would be nice ... Moss or Troy maybe?
Then again could I have Dillon - Michel - White and Develin as backs?

2007 Tom Brady

I know, I'm good at picking stuff

From the Belichick era on offense it would have to be Moss, imagine this team with a serious downfield threat. On defense it's a tougher choice,it's def pass rush help but choosing between McGinest or Seymour isn't easy. Versatility gets the nod, McGinest

From the Belichick era on offense it would have to be Moss, imagine this team with a serious downfield threat. On defense it's a tougher choice,it's def pass rush help but choosing between McGinest or Seymour isn't easy. Versatility gets the nod, McGinest
For this game ... I think Bruschi in his prime needs some consideration also.

Moss could be added seamlessly and would take the offense to another level.

I'd probably add Moss, and if not him I'd probably add Mankins or Wilfork purely for matchup reasons.

Basically, looking at the Rams, Donald Gurley and Suh are what scare me, so I'd add someone accordingly.

Was there a critical game when Mankins wasn’t absolutely owned? I’ll take either Moss, Wilfork, or Seymour.

Time traveled from the past and had their skills, speed and strength pumped up to their same relative superiority as the times in which they played?

Rodney Harrison. Because as much as I love Moss, Wilfork, Law, Bruschi, McGinest, Clayborn, Fryar, Morgan, Martin, Dillon, Vinatieri and a host of others I really miss what he brought to the field.

If we are going all-time Pats, how could it not be Hannah? Aaron Donald problem solved.

No, **** Hannah. Great player and he was right to talk **** about Eason but keep that in the locker room. I don't know how anyone would want a player who would call out their own QB like that.

My top picks would be Tippett, Hannah, and Moss. If I had to choose one I guess it would be Moss because he would be able to fill a role that we are really lacking. Today's NFL is more tipped in the offenses favor and being able to score quickly at any time more more valuable.

No, **** Hannah. Great player and he was right to talk **** about Eason but keep that in the locker room. I don't know how anyone would want a player who would call out their own QB like that.

I’d want him for the simple fact that Aaron Donald is a historical outlier at DT, and John Hannah is a historical outlier at G. Your point is taken, though. I’m looking at Xs and Os only.

If we are going all-time Pats, how could it not be Hannah? Aaron Donald problem solved.

I specified Belichick era for a reason. Hannah would bowling ball everyone and Michel would have a 250 yard game with three touchdowns. It's just too easy.

I specified Belichick era for a reason. Hannah would bowling ball everyone and Michel would have a 250 yard game with three touchdowns. It's just too easy.

Yes, I know. A few others had gone off to all-time Patriots. Belichick era is Seymour in a close call over Wilfork and Moss.

I wouldn’t mind it if Brandin Cooks switched sides either. Effin Rams and their win-now mode. That’s why it’s so hard to win every year when a few teams are loading up and selling out for a 1-2 year window. The Rams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3