PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adam V in the Snow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having said that...that was some of the worst game management I have seen at the end of regulation by the Colts. How do you not try to get more yards there?

I don't care if the colts lose so I'm going to ignore the miss.

That was a great kick. But the stoopid announcers started blathering about how "he's never had to kick in conditions as tough as this", and how "this will go to the top of the list of tough kicks he's made over his career".

Oh, really? Tying the Bills in a completely meaningless game between two non-playoff teams was better than that kick against the Raiders (in almost exact weather conditions) in the Playoffs with everything on the line? Srsly?

That was a great kick. But the stoopid announcers started blathering about how "he's never had to kick in conditions as tough as this", and how "this will go to the top of the list of tough kicks he's made over his career".

Oh, really? Tying the Bills in a completely meaningless game between two non-playoff teams was better than that kick against the Raiders (in almost exact weather conditions) in the Playoffs with everything on the line? Srsly?

Right, the kick against Oakland is at the top of the list.

While the Super Bowl winning kicks are right behind those in terms of most important, his next most difficult kick may have been the game winning kick against the Titans in the '03 divisional in sub zero temperatures.

Having said that...that was some of the worst game management I have seen at the end of regulation by the Colts. How do you not try to get more yards there?

Well...they had already cleared off that exact spot...

It's scary to think that Vinatieri has been a Colt longer than he was a Patriot.
Damn, that makes me feel even older than I already am.....

The colts must have had the entire coaching staff on the field trying to clear the kicking spot until the zebras rushed in and kicked them off the field. Should have been a penalty. if the kick would have been good for the win, the internet would have melted in Buffalo.

Hahaha. I saw that. People's memories are so short. And, the Colts lost anyway, so even though this kick was great and kept them in the game, all it did was prolong the inevitable agony anyway. I'd argue that the Raiders kick was in worse weather as you couldn't even see if it was good unless you were right behind it. That kick (among a handful of other plays in that game) launched the greatest football dynasty eva! There's no comparison in my book.

BetterFocusedGossamerwingedbutterfly-max-1mb.gif

Hahaha. I saw that. People's memories are so short. And, the Colts lost anyway, so even though this kick was great and kept them in the game, all it did was prolong the inevitable agony anyway. I'd argue that the Raiders kick was in worse weather as you couldn't even see if it was good unless you were right behind it. That kick (among a handful of other plays in that game) launched the greatest football dynasty eva! There's no comparison in my book.
Colts got hosed. They went ahead on a two point conversion, but a ref threw a flag for offensive pass interference. BUT the "interference" was blocking within a yard of the line of scrimmage. Bad call by ref and Bills won in OT

One of the very, very few times I was hoping he makes a kick, and the feckin Vinitraitor misses a game-winner, so Barfalow still has something to play for.

He's Dead to me, again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing