PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adam Humphrey anyone?

patfanken

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Just on PFT and they posted that Humphrey was getting cut. The Pats seemed to have loved him when he signed with the Titans. Seems like a perfect one year "remake your career" signing at a low cost to me

BTW- Jurrel Casey would be another EXCELLENT pick up after being cut from the Broncos He might cost a bit more, but if he's healthy he'd be the force in the middle we've been missing

Huge bust with the titans . If he’s released they’re only saving 4 million and taking 5 million in dead money. Have a feeling butler could be next.

Without brady what does this guy do for us?
Don't be such a ****y whiner. For ANY QB to succeed here, the Pats need to improve their WR group. Humphrey's could be a low cost addition that would be an "improvement".

Based on your wimpy reply maybe you think we should all move on to other teams until the Pats discover the SECOND best QB in NFL history since what would those other 52 players do without a QB of that ability. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :disgust:

Don't be such a ****y whiner. For ANY QB to succeed here, the Pats need to improve their WR group. Humphrey's could be a low cost addition that would be an "improvement".

Based on your wimpy reply maybe you think we should all move on to other teams until the Pats discover the SECOND best QB in NFL history since what would those other 52 players do without a QB of that ability. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :disgust:

You think he could be successful here? He hasn’t done crap in two years but he could come cheap here.

Huge bust with the titans . If he’s released they’re only saving 4 million and taking 5 million in dead money. Have a feeling butler could be next.
He only played in 7 games so clearly injuries were an issue here as well.

But here's the thing about ALL WR's. There are a LOT of them out there and every year the colleges turn out 20 more who have the talent to play in the league. Lots of WR's in the draft, lots more in FA.

Since this club has found finding WR's in the draft problematic AND it usually takes a couple of years to college WR's to reach their prime, the best immediate solution for improving the WR corps needs to come through FA. Humphrey would be a low risk start

The concussions could be an issue. He missed four games, played in one, and then was placed on IR for the last five games. It doesn't sound like it's a guarantee he plays again.

You think he could be successful here? He hasn’t done crap in two years but he could come cheap here.
Only shows how short sighted you are. If you had looked a little further you would have noticed he had THREE 600+ seasons with Tampa before signing with the Titans including an 800+ season in 2018 as the #3 WR. So clearly the kid has some talent. Enough talent to be an improvement here.

I don't know what happened in with the Titans. he missed 15 games over those 2 seasons, so injuries WERE a legit issue. However he only missed 5 games over his first 4 seasons with the Bucs, so it's not like he's been injured his whole career.

So try and think a little deeper in the future.

Humphrey, Pryor...many more to come, to go along with Samuel, Davis, Higgins, Hilton.

What a great year to have money to spend.

And for all the people here hate BB's drafting, his GM eye in finding hidden gems among pro-players is unmatched.

Hoping the Bears cut Hicks...certain that BB will build a competitive team soon enough.

The concussions could be an issue. He missed four games, played in one, and then was placed on IR for the last five games. It doesn't sound like it's a guarantee he plays again.
DIdn't know that. Now that IS a legit concern. That would probably move him to an "after the draft" to right before camp kind of acquisition.

Now what is it that I don't know about Jurrel Casey that would keep him from being sought after by the Pats

Strictly looking at humphries as a slot guy in 3 wr groupings Tennessee ran the 2nd lowest (Minnesota) of 3 wr sets in the league last year. Even with Cam we ran out of this type of wr set over 100 more plays. If those numbers continue i believe humphries would be more successful here just based on playing time.

Only shows how short sighted you are. If you had looked a little further you would have noticed he had THREE 600+ seasons with Tampa before signing with the Titans including an 800+ season in 2018 as the #3 WR. So clearly the kid has some talent. Enough talent to be an improvement here.

I don't know what happened in with the Titans. he missed 15 games over those 2 seasons, so injuries WERE a legit issue. However he only missed 5 games over his first 4 seasons with the Bucs, so it's not like he's been injured his whole career.

So try and think a little deeper in the future.

WTF you talking about? What did i say that wasn’t true? He was bust with the titans. Keyword. Titans! Even in the games he played he wasn’t overly impressive. He’s a 3rd to maybe 4th wideout on some teams. Don’t we have that on our roster already with jakobi meyers? Team needs a one and a two.

Really hope they go after humphries and Casey. I also think tyrell Williams just released by Oakland could be a nice pickup

Strictly looking at humphries as a slot guy in 3 wr groupings Tennessee ran the 2nd lowest (Minnesota) of 3 wr sets in the league last year. Even with Cam we ran out of this type of wr set over 100 more plays. If those numbers continue i believe humphries would be more successful here just based on playing time.

We got meyers doing that already.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back