PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adam Butler

Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes some of you think Guy is such a lock or even making the 53? I haven't seen him show up in the preseason games. Just because he was signed as a free agent doesn't mean he's guaranteed a spot. Butler on the other hand has shown up and may even push Branch, Brown and Valentine for some reps during the season.

Am I the only one waiting for Malcom Brown to break out?? I think Brown should be doing what Branch is but he just doesn't make enough plays for my liking.

Am I the only one waiting for Malcom Brown to break out?? I think Brown should be doing what Branch is but he just doesn't make enough plays for my liking.
Branch is a much bigger man and presence inside than Brown. He also has heaps more experience. Brown is a solid player, good not great.

Branch is a much bigger man and presence inside than Brown. He also has heaps more experience. Brown is a solid player, good not great.

Branch is very long in the tooth though.

remember when adam jumped on the runner like he wanted a piggyback ride? that was awesome!

Brown had a pretty damn good year last year and is improving. Is he a ProBowler? Not yet....

Brown:

2015 (rookie):
16 games - 3.0 sacks ... 48 tackles ... 2 FR

2016:
16 games - 3.0 sacks ... 50 tackles ... 1 FF ... 1 SAFETY

Aside from one hiccup with BB last season, Brown has been a healthy, reliable run-stuffer in the middle of the line who's primary role in the scheme has been to occupy blockers to make it easier for other guys to "make plays".

Breakout? This is the Pats. Not every player who's doing his job well is going to be "visible."

remember when adam jumped on the runner like he wanted a piggyback ride? that was awesome!

That type of hustle is commendable... right up until the moment his enthusiasm buckles Trey Flower's knee in a preseason game.

Cue Stephen Neal/Deion Branch flashback.

Why would he get any snaps. Butler surely would be inactive. Branch, Brown=, Valentine and Guy are plenty for DT's.

Due to his versatility and injuries and Ealy cut he may be a DE this year rather than a DT.

Brown:

2015 (rookie):
16 games - 3.0 sacks ... 48 tackles ... 2 FR

2016:
16 games - 3.0 sacks ... 50 tackles ... 1 FF ... 1 SAFETY

Aside from one hiccup with BB last season, Brown has been a healthy, reliable run-stuffer in the middle of the line who's primary role in the scheme has been to occupy blockers to make it easier for other guys to "make plays".

Breakout? This is the Pats. Not every player who's doing his job well is going to be "visible."

He was a lil inconsistent at times but also had a really nice stretch from week 4 on i believe. I feel hes improved each year which is important. Let's not forget just how good Branch is btw. Very underrated and hopefully Brown is soaking up info like a sponge.

Getting back to Butler.

Looks like he lost a whole bunch of weight and is basically playing at 285 now and because he has performed and can play a number of techniques across the line, that sealed Ealy's fate.

Butler can grasp D-line, inside out

He's a lock. Can't wait to see his game against 1's.

Due to his versatility and injuries and Ealy cut he may be a DE this year rather than a DT.

I think that is going to be an interesting thing to see evolve.

First of all, hes a rookie and still learning the pro game and this system.

There are many players who will be getting more time than him.

With the loss of 20 lbs, hes clearly gained some speed and quickness.

Hes learning how to play with his "new body".

Seeing how has various levels of experience playing DE/DT here and at Vandy, it'll be interesting what position he has the most success at.

Getting back to Butler.

Looks like he lost a whole bunch of weight and is basically playing at 285 now and because he has performed and can play a number of techniques across the line, that sealed Ealy's fate.

Butler can grasp D-line, inside out

If the difference between Butler from being a high end college player & an UDFA was 20 lbs: oops for him, win for us.

No idea how he only had 4.5 sacks from what we've seen so far.

If the difference between Butler from being a high end college player & an UDFA was 20 lbs: oops for him, win for us.

Maybe he has better players around him now?

The Vandy coach said he played a similar style at Vandy as interior lineman do here which is plug the hole, read and react.

Clearly BB sees he is much more capable as a rusher.

Time will tell but if this kid can make an impact as a rookie BB just added to his legacy as an elite personnel evaluator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back