PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adam Butler

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'd be shocker if he DOESN'T make the team at this point. Haha. BB, you sneaky boy...

He's been my binkie since day one, along with Harvey Langhi.

He has the sort of explosiveness off the snap that we were waiting for but never really got from Easley. This is a 6'5 300lb guy that makes it look easy to put a spin/swim move on a LT.

If Butler doesn't make the 53 I will be absolutely shocked. His play hasn't just been "ya but he's going against 2nd stringers and PS guys" type of play. He has stood out regularly at a position that could use the depth

If Butler doesn't make the 53 I will be absolutely shocked. His play hasn't just been "ya but he's going against 2nd stringers and PS guys" type of play. He has stood out regularly at a position that could use the depth
He showed well last night pushing in the center of the Detroit O line.

He has stood out regularly at a position that could use the depth
His main position, DT, doesn't need depth. We're bringing back last year's Brown, Branch, Valentine group and added Guy. I know Guy and Butler can play DE but their main position is actually loaded with depth. Don't get me wrong, though, I'm very excited about him just disagree on the need for depth there.

.....I LIKE this kid!

Butler was all over the field last night.

He's making this team

Yeah I am not sure that they could stash him on the PS after the last few weeks. Talented front 7 guys are coveted around the league. Guess at this point he might end up with mostly a redshirt year at the end of the 53 with a few snaps here and there.

His main position, DT, doesn't need depth. We're bringing back last year's Brown, Branch, Valentine group and added Guy. I know Guy and Butler can play DE but their main position is actually loaded with depth. Don't get me wrong, though, I'm very excited about him just disagree on the need for depth there.

It seems to me that what give Butler's stock a boost is that he's as good or better coming off the edge as he is on the inside. He also has excellent range and a non-stop motor. I think he might beat out Valentine.

It seems to me that what give Butler's stock a boost is that he's as good or better coming off the edge as he is on the inside. He also has excellent range and a non-stop motor. I think he might beat out Valentine.

If he's 'better coming off the edge' why are you replacing a run stuffing DT for him?

Yeah I am not sure that they could stash him on the PS after the last few weeks. Talented front 7 guys are coveted around the league. Guess at this point he might end up with mostly a redshirt year at the end of the 53 with a few snaps here and there.
Maybe. BB said his body shape composition needs improvement but that doesn't mean he does not have talent- just more fat :p

If he's 'better coming off the edge' why are you replacing a run stuffing DT for him?

Because Butler is very good against the run on the DL interior to begin with and better than Valentine off the edge. That versatility counts for a lot.

The kid looks like he can really make some plays this season. I'm definitely intrigued by him.

After last night's game, there's no way you can keep him off this team!!!!!

Why would he get any snaps. Butler surely would be inactive. Branch, Brown=, Valentine and Guy are plenty for DT's.

Why would he get any snaps. Butler surely would be inactive. Branch, Brown=, Valentine and Guy are plenty for DT's.

I mean I wrote redshirt year not sure how thats not obvious enough that I dont think he will be part of team more than in injury situations or when we are preserving starters.

Color me not exited weren't we all excited about a DT last year around this time too who was cut them ended up and the PS then later released I think his name was Johnson??

Color me not exited weren't we all excited about a DT last year around this time too who was cut them ended up and the PS then later released I think his name was Johnson??

Reminds me very much of Johnson last year. Hopefully ends up different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back