PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

According to Reiss Sony Michel to start on PUP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like Brady stands out physically? So much of the game is about making good choices on the field, and Michel showed consistent improvement in that regard. His vision and adaptability to numerous blocking schemes are what allowed him to have possibly the most dominant rookie playoff rushing performance in NFL history (he owns the most postseason TDs of any rookie).

The critic's narrative was set on Michel when he had poor blocking and a slow start. He played in 16 games in the regular season and playoffs and put up well over 1200 yards and 12 TDs. That's a fantastic rookie year. They ignore the excellent patience, timing, balance, and ball security, as though those are lesser traits and therefore not important. Michel directly led to post season wins, while Barkley -- who is undeniably a physical marvel -- did nothing but bring some excitement to the dumpster-fire Giants. I'll take the consistent physicality of Michel.

That chart doesnt include the SB where he got his 6th.

To me, he's the 2nd best and most talented RB the Pats have drafted since Curtis Martin (no offense Robert Edwards).
Laurence Maroney was the most talented, but his vision was so so bad it was if he was running with his eyes closed. In fact, I’ve never seen a RB so eager to run into piles.

What about Jeremy Hill? I know he's coming off that injury. But their was high hopes for him last season.

Michel directly led to post season wins, while Barkley -- who is undeniably a physical marvel -- did nothing but bring some excitement to the dumpster-fire Giants.
Kind of unfair to say that about Barkley. His team stinks and has a bad QB, Coach, and overall team. A RB can only do so much, especially when they are not valued as high as they once were.

What about Jeremy Hill? I know he's coming off that injury. But their was high hopes for him last season.
It’s really too bad about him. I think he would’ve been a key piece in the rotation but Devlin unfortunately took him out. I think he’s career is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News