PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AAF suspends football operations

I watched opening weekend, found it boring and haven't watched since. It didn't help that self-aggrandizing NFL has-beens such as Hines Ward were making big pitches for the new league during the entire inaugural weekend, and I didn't enjoy those.

Watching the Memphis Manziels. The man still has obscene arm talent and footwork and a special level of ability to improvise. He's still Better But Drunker Doug Flutie, and I love watching him play football. I noted elsewhere that I think he got kicked out of the CFL because he was flirting with the AAF and the CFL contract had a non-compete clause in it, and the CFL came down hard to dissuade further defectors. That's the reason nothing exciting has come out - it's all just intra minor football league politics.

Last edited:
Watching the Memphis Manziels. The man still has obscene arm talent and footwork and a special level of ability to improvise. He's still Better But Drunker Doug Flutie, and I love watching him play football. I noted elsewhere that I think he got kicked out of the CFL because he was flirting with the AAF and the CFL contract had a non-compete clause in it, and the CFL came down hard to dissuade further defectors. That's the reason nothing exciting has come out - it's all just intra minor football league politics.
Did Johnny foozball get benched or injured ?

Did Johnny foozball get benched or injured ?

They've been switching QBs on and off. Manziel doesn't know the offense so they were just letting him improvise. It went okay. He's such a weird, talented QB.

This Reece Horn wide receiver from University of Indianapolis who went to camp with the Titans a few years ago then bounced around amateur leagues in Europe looks really good. Who knows if he has the physical traits, but here's his phone number if you literally want to ask him to play for the Patriots (don't do this):
Podyum Recruitment

They've been switching QBs on and off. Manziel doesn't know the offense so they were just letting him improvise. It went okay. He's such a weird, talented QB.

This Reece Horn wide receiver from University of Indianapolis who went to camp with the Titans a few years ago then bounced around amateur leagues in Europe looks really good. Who knows if he has the physical traits, but here's his phone number if you literally want to ask him to play for the Patriots (don't do this):
Podyum Recruitment
Thanks just switched over after my Buckeyes made me ill on the court and saw a different QB in there.

Garrett Gilbert

fa26426d60cf9afc580f70f2a5217ebd.png

51d7bed1427bc8478d4bfb39062ee412.png

That's too bad......for the players and coaches. Polian is another story.

Johnny Manziel just ruins everything he touches, doesn't he?

Manziel curse?

Goes to show that it really is not so much the sport of football that is immensely popular but the big machine that is the NFL.

It’s not over. But it’s close.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Alliance of American Football will be suspending all football operations within the next few hours.

The league won’t be folding, yet. But it seems to be moving in that direction.

The move comes in the aftermath of ominous comments from Tom Dundon, who became majority owner of the AAF several weeks ago. Dundon committed $250 million in funding to the league, but he had the ability to pull funding, and he obviously has.

The AAF will suspend all football operations

Bummer. I thought it looked really good for an inaugural season. Much better than what I saw in the XFL or WLAF.

Isn't a big problem something to do with insurance or contracts or something so they can get players to come in and play with a safety net if they end up with an injury that derails or ends their NFL hopes?

He Hate Me

I know people will hate me saying this, but those college kids getting paid $6k a year, all their food, housing and training expenses paid for, all their coaching too, in top notch facilities--won't even mention the free education.

Well, they are not doing too badly when you see the alternative.

Take those same players, strip them of the school colors, and basically almost no one wants to watch it.

I've said this about college ball too.

An NBDL team would blow the doors off the best college team--but have you seen attendance at NBDL games lately? Not pretty. I'm not even aware if they have any TV showing their games.

The President has been impeached

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back