PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Toast to the World Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that sucks - well other than child arm-breaker Tyreek Hill getting a ticker tape parade - is that even though the Chiefs won everyone still marks their calendar when they play us and will for the foreseeable future.

It'd be nice to not be some other team's Super Bowl 16 times a year...

2018 season seemed miraculous. While I’ll be an eternal optimist, I felt like this core group of players hit their wall at the end of the 2018 regular season and won one final one with their heart alone. It wasn’t their #1 Super Bowl in terms of excitement and drama, but the entire postseason is among their very best.
Felt a bit like the ‘67 Packers - or the ‘69 Celtics as others have posted

...I prefer that time to be ahead of us still

Media was desperately trying to write off the Celts since '65

The thing that sucks - well other than child arm-breaker Tyreek Hill getting a ticker tape parade - is that even though the Chiefs won everyone still marks their calendar when they play us and will for the foreseeable future.

It'd be nice to not be some other team's Super Bowl 16 times a year...
I disagree.

Teams always got up to play the Dolphins, Steelers, Cowboys, Raiders etc. long after their runs ended - meaning those teams' presence and intimidation and respect remained intact.

But, of course they all kept their real helmets and uniforms.

I am an old AFC gal so congrats to the Chiefs!

I disagree.

Teams always got up to play the Dolphins, Steelers, Cowboys, Raiders etc. long after their runs ended - meaning those teams' presence and intimidation and respect remained intact.

But, of course they all kept their real helmets and uniforms.

I honestly don't understand what you're disagreeing with.

Yeah, and that should have been the 2010 Celtics, but they got absolutely jobbed by the refs in the 4th Quarter of Game 7.

Not that the Garnett Celtics are comparable to those other teams, but they showed a ton of heart that year and it still pisses me off.

What is with you and the old uniforms? Red makes no sense at all. The British wore red. And the logo carries sentimental value but is objectively awful.

Yeah, and that should have been the 2010 Celtics, but they got absolutely jobbed by the refs in the 4th Quarter of Game 7.

Not that the Garnett Celtics are comparable to those other teams, but they showed a ton of heart that year and it still pisses me off.
This occurred in the context of media stating prior to the game on national television:
" The Lakers are clearly the better team and are therefore heavily favored to win this game, and this series was not expected to go this far..."

What is with you and the old uniforms? Red makes no sense at all. The British wore red. And the logo carries sentimental value but is objectively awful.
Now you have done it ....

OK?

The Raiders, Cowboys, and Dolphins were nobody's (save NFCE fans) must-see game this year.

My point being that at some point our team will stop being the omnipresent villain in people's eyes and we won't see over-the-top celebrations for the mere accomplishment of beating us in the regular season _at some point_.

Part of me looks forward to that because I'm tired of everything being high stakes.

hobbies-leisure-converse-conversing-conversations-world_champion-boredom-kscn3305_low.jpg

OK?

The Raiders, Cowboys, and Dolphins were nobody's (save NFCE fans) must-see game this year.

My point being that at some point our team will stop being the omnipresent villain in people's eyes and we won't see over-the-top celebrations for the mere accomplishment of beating us in the regular season _at some point_.

Part of me looks forward to that because I'm tired of everything being high stakes.
For forever, teams have loved to beat the Patriots. Before this century, it was encouraged through inappropriate denigration of our franchise. They believed that we suck for no reason other than stupidity and ignorance fueled by negative propaganda in the media. Our founding owner's problems had zero relation to how our players played and comported themselves.

In 1981 and again in 1990, teams enjoyed beating us and the local and national media loved every minute of it...in large part because we did a lot of winning prior.
we won't see over-the-top celebrations
That's a cultural trend that's indeed totally annoying but does not appear headed for dissipation anytime soon.

2018 season seemed miraculous. While I’ll be an eternal optimist, I felt like this core group of players hit their wall at the end of the 2018 regular season and won one final one with their heart alone. It wasn’t their #1 Super Bowl in terms of excitement and drama, but the entire postseason is among their very best.
The 2018 Patriot team is now also the one who stopped the surging Chiefs who went on to win the next year's championship. If Mahomes wins a few more, that AFC Championship will be known as the one that got away. Or, more accurately, the one that the Patriots stole away with a roster wheelchair racing to the retirement village.

APF is good as an automatic "like" for nostalgic Pats Lore, e.g., "Hey! Remember Ben Dreith and Sugar Bear Hamilton?" = core dump... and you don't want to go there alone...

But on the other hand he's still and always will be hung up on a cartoon drawn on a bar napkin. There must have been some magic in that 3 cornered hat he found... cuz when they put it on his head he began to dance around...

He would root for the old logo playing out of hartford over the flying elvis playing out of Foxborough, take it from a guy who has to drive hundreds of miles to either. Love the guy, but logo decals and unis in general play a very important part in his world. And that is being restrained about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back