PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A reason the Patriots might lose Monday night to Buffalo

The Patriots and Bills could (even likely) meet three times in the next 7-8 weeks.

How often does a team beat one as good as the Bills three times in that period?

Bill will have to go a little vanilla. He can't empty out the plan. To win three straight from a team that good, Bill must know he needs his team to beat them head to head on talent alone during some of this stretch. This game for multiple reasons seems like the place to begin.

This is what is meant by chess vs checkers. Sean McDermott will be all in.
Did the dog come up with this....just sayin :)

So much hate for vanilla...makes me sick.
vanilla GIF by Coffee-mate
:haha:

Did the dog come up with this....just sayin :)

Smart dog.

If we meet Buffalo in the playoffs after the game everyone will be saying Bill saved something. Just sayin.

I think Mac Jones mental state in high stakes games is well above any rookie. Alabama vs. Ohio shows his poise.
The cold? I don't think it will effect Mac (as long as he wears his LONG-JOHNs to keep his treasures warm).

I think Mac Jones mental state in high stakes games is well above any rookie. Alabama vs. Ohio shows his poise.
The cold? I don't think it will effect Mac (as long as he wears his LONG-JOHNs to keep his treasures warm).

I think Jones will learn to play in cold, wet, snowy, windy and altogether sh.tty weather, but it’s still going to be a learning process. Last eeek was just a touch of it but he did miss high on a number of throws and the “ cold” weather may have been a factor( even though it wasn’t that cold compared to what is coming. ) Brady had his years at Michigan to prepare him, but the is all new to Mac. I believe he will get it and play well in bad weather over his career, but really wet and windy in Buffalo will be a challenge for him. Hopefully it will be cold enough in Foxborough this weekend to start getting him ready for what is to come.

I think Jones will learn to play in cold, wet, snowy, windy and altogether sh.tty weather, but it’s still going to be a learning process. Last eeek was just a touch of it but he did miss high on a number of throws and the “ cold” weather may have been a factor( even though it wasn’t that cold compared to what is coming. ) Brady had his years at Michigan to prepare him, but the is all new to Mac. I believe he will get it and play well in bad weather over his career, but really wet and windy in Buffalo will be a challenge for him. Hopefully it will be cold enough in Foxborough this weekend to start getting him ready for what is to come.

Saw that as well last game. He was throwing a bit too high to many WRs. Not sure if it was weather or grip issues. He should try a glove out in practice just to see if he is comfy with it.....

I always thought the scuba wet suit was the ideal solution.

If there is any franchise that could 3-0 the Bills, it’s the Patriots.

Saw that as well last game. He was throwing a bit too high to many WRs. Not sure if it was weather or grip issues. He should try a glove out in practice just to see if he is comfy with it.....

Im sure he will figure it out it’s just going to take some getting used to. One of the qualities that I never heard anyone talking about with Jones is that much like Brady he never had anything handed to him, and he had to take a back seat to guys like Tua before getting the starting job for good. And although the wait wasn’t anywhere near as long he sat there watching a bunch of other QB’s go off the board before his name was called. I wonder if he walked up to Kraft on day one and told him, “ I’m Mac Jones and I am the best decision you have ever made!”?.
In short Jones is used to adapting and proving himself, and I think those qualities are going to serve him very well as the Patriots QB.

I think this team is capable of beating this "good" bills teams ass 6 times nevermind 3.

Screw the Bills.

Bill will have to go a little vanilla. He can't empty out the plan. To win three straight from a team that good, Bill must know he needs his team to beat them head to head on talent alone during some of this stretch. This game for multiple reasons seems like the place to begin.
Do everything now and worry the future games when they get there.

The Patriots and Bills could (even likely) meet three times in the next 7-8 weeks.

How often does a team beat one as good as the Bills three times in that period?

This is what is meant by chess vs checkers. Sean McDermott will be all in.
This post makes no sense.

KC will be the 1 seed. Refs and league covid testing will make sure of that. Pats winning the division would be beyond all expectations. Making a wild card is more realistic at this point. Still an amazing accomplishment for this young QB. Way ahead of schedule for the rebuild

The Bills can absolutely win but I’ll be flabbergasted if it’s from them out coaching the Pats.
Repeated Newton QB draws at the goal line says hello.

We bust out trick plays in September games against bottom level opponents, I'm not sure this is how the coaches operate.
We do that.

It’s December and it’s for first place in the division with the 1 seed on the line. Not the time to go vanilla.
100%. You seize control of the division and potentially the conference, and at that point you could potentially even send Buffalo on a downward spiral. They still have to play Tampa after this. Definitely reduces the likelihood of seeing them a third time.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back