PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Few Brady Postseason Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsBoy12

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I didn't link the article because it is ESPNFL. In my defense, however, it is Reiss. The numbers are astounding. Frankly, I have a hard time seeing some of them being overtaken by anyone.

Anyway, here are some numbers that most of us know and maybe some we didn't already know . . .

Here are 12 postseason nuggets on No. 12:

1. His 63 touchdown passes in the postseason is easily an NFL best. Joe Montana (45), Brett Favre (44), Peyton Manning (40) and Aaron Rodgers (36) round out the top five.

2. He is the all-time leader in postseason passing yards (9,094), with Manning (7,339), Favre (5,855), Montana (5,772), John Elway (4,964) and Ben Roethlisberger (4,787) next in line.

3. His 34 playoff starts -- which is more than two full regular-season schedules -- are the most ever by a quarterback (or any player in NFL history). Manning (27), Favre (24), Montana (23) and Elway (21) round out the quarterback list, while Adam Vinatieri (30), Jerry Rice (29), D.D. Lewis (27) and Manning (27) fill out the top tier of the list including all players.

4. Brady’s 25 playoff wins are the most by a starting quarterback, with Montana (16) next.

5. His 831 postseason completions top Manning (649), Favre (481) and Montana (460).

6. Brady’s 12 postseason games with 300 yards passing are an all-time high, with Manning (nine) and Drew Brees (seven) second and third on that list.

7. His five Super Bowl championships are the most ever by a quarterback, followed by Terry Bradshaw (four) and Montana (four).

8. He is tied with Oakland’s Daryle Lamonica (Dec. 21, 1969) and San Francisco’s Steve Young (Jan. 29, 1995) as the NFL’s all-time leader for most postseason touchdown passes in one game, with six. Brady accomplished the feat Jan. 14, 2012, versus Denver.

9. His 26-of-28 passing performance in a Jan. 12, 2008, divisional-round win over the Jaguars ranks as the best-ever completion percentage (92.9) in a postseason game. Phil Simms (22-of-25, 88 percent, on Jan. 25, 1987) and Kurt Warner (29-of-33, 87.9 percent, on Jan. 10, 2010) are right behind him.

10. In divisional-round play, Brady has posted an 11-2 record, completing 316 of 509 pass attempts for 3,700 passing yards and 26 touchdowns.

11. Seven conference-championship victories are the most of any starting quarterback in the Super Bowl era (since 1966). He has appeared in 11 conference championship games overall, passing Gene Upshaw and George Blanda, both of whom had played in 10.

12. His seven Super Bowl appearances are the most ever by a player, passing defensive lineman Mike Lodish, who played in six between his time with the Bills (four) and Broncos (two).

Tom needs to average 267 yards in the next 3 post season games to equal, in yards, what Brian Hoyer has done in his entire regular season career.

Tom Brady, post season yards: 9094
Brian Hoyer, career yards: 9895

I know that is comparing apples and oranges, but I thought it was cool. Just another example of how much Tom has had an entire CAREER in the post season.

NFL Passing Yards Career Leaders | Pro-Football-Reference.com

8325ab64-99f2-4ce1-9da3-c98b8ae7e395.jpg

I think he is also tied with Brett Favre for most post-season interceptions

Brady's played 34 playoff games (35 by tomorrow).

The QB with the second most games is Peyton Manning with 27. That might not seem like much but consider that If Manning came back for two years and won the Super Bowl both years he would still be a game behind (2 by tomorrow).

Those cumulative postseason stats are probably out of reach for the foreseeable future. Seeing him waaaaay out in front of the two best passing stat accumulators of all time - Manning and Favre - just tells me these numbers are probably untouchable.

For wins the gap is even further. Joe Montana (2nd most wins with 16) would have to come back and win 3 straight Super Bowls (with a bye) to match Brady's win total in the playoffs (25).

Those cumulative postseason stats are probably out of reach for the foreseeable future. Seeing him waaaaay out in front of the two best passing stat accumulators of all time - Manning and Favre - just tells me these numbers are probably untouchable.

Waaay out in front and still adding to them :cool:

I think he is also tied with Brett Favre for most post-season interceptions

Wrong. He has the record for most post-season interceptions 31(30 for Favre):cool:

Waaay out in front and still adding to them :cool:

Wrong. He has the record for most post-season interceptions 31(30 for Favre):cool:
Most interceptions is fine when you consider his number of playoff starts is measurable in >1 standard deviation from the norm.

Regards,
Chris

I always like this chart.

Many things to point out.
More wins than Montana and Young, COMBINED.
Same #wins as Peyton Manning and Roger Staubach, COMBINED.
Same #wins as Kurt Warner, Steve Young, and Dan Marino, COMBINED.

nfl-quarterbacks-by-number-of-career-playoff-wins.jpg

He also leads all players with most avocado ice-cream eaten in the post season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes