PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Dol-fan's view

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua4Ever04 said:
Alright so he missed it by 1 catch lol. I will still take Chambers over Derek Mason, Rod Smith, Donald Driver, Reggie Wayne and Joey Galloway any day. Think about it, Driver was the only offensive weapon the Pack had. Same with Mason in Baltimore. Reggie Wayne is made better by Peyton Manning, and Galloway was the only threat the Bucs had at pass catching.

Point is, Chambers is a top 10 WR.

Point is, for someone who just called another a homer, you're certainly acting like one yourself!

pats1 said:
Point is, for someone who just called another a homer, you're certainly acting like one yourself!

How is that? I want you to give me 10 recievers that are better than Chambers. The reason you haven't yet, is because you know that you can't. You can't honestly say you would take Mason, Wayne, Driver and Galloway over Chambers based on raw talent.

Chambers has always played with QBs who have been rated 25th or below. Now he has a pro bowler and defintley will suceed and have an even better year than last year.

Here is my top 10:

1. Torry Holt
2. Steve Smith
3. Chad Johnson
4. Marvin Harrison
5. Terrel Owens
6. Anquan Boldin
7. Larry Fitzgerald
8. Chris Chambers
9. Randy Moss
10. Hines Ward

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Now he has a pro bowler and defintley will suceed and have an even better year than last year.

Oh, of course! :rolleyes:

f uck chris chambers who gives a **** .go to a dolphins board if you want to jerk off over chambers.

patriotspride said:
f uck chris chambers who gives a **** .go to a dolphins board if you want to jerk off over chambers.

Wow! Quality response man! I see the class on this site is just over flowing with rich flavor! Glad to see that ALL Pats fans are just such knowledgeable fans with great insight and superb class!

I enjoy debating with with Pats1 becuase he brings intelect and good conversation and most importantly class. You however, are an incompetant idito. If you don't want to read about other teams, DON'T GO TO THE INTERLEAGUE FORUM! LOL, you're a moron.

Last edited:
Aqua4Ever04 said:
Stil waiting for you to give me 10 recievers you'd rather have than Chris Chambers.

I'd rather have a combination of Branch, Watson, Jackson, Graham, Caldwell, Brown, Thomas, Mills, Faulk, Maroney, and Pass to spread the ball around while creating mis-matches with such athletic phenoms like Watson and Jackson.

Such a system, with its consummate QB in Brady, has and will produce results (more results than a QB tossing it up to a Top 10 receiver all day).

The Dolphins have certainly made improvements in their total passing package (between Chambers, Booker, Hagan, and McMichael), but the Pats have made it a top priority in particular drafts (2002 - Branch, Graham, Givens and 2006 - Jackson, Maroney, Thomas, Mills plus Watson in the 2004 1st round), and we've just begun to reap the rewards. (Gone, thankfully, are the days of Donald Hayes, Rod Rutledge, Fred Coleman, Tony Simmons, J.R. Remond, and oh, let's say...Eric Bjornson)

Last edited:
pats1 said:
I'd rather have a combination of Branch, Watson, Jackson, Graham, Caldwell, Brown, Thomas, Mills, Faulk, Maroney, and Pass to spread the ball around while creating mis-matches with such athletic phenoms like Watson and Jackson.

Such a system, with its consummate QB in Brady, has and will produce results (more results than a QB tossing it up to a Top 10 receiver all day).

The Dolphins have certainly made improvements in their total passing package (between Chambers, Booker, Hagan, and McMichael), but the Pats have made it a top priority in particular drafts (2002 - Branch, Graham, Givens and 2006 - Jackson, Maroney, Thomas, Mills plus Watson in the 2004 1st round), and we've just begun to reap the rewards. (Gone, thankfully, are the days of Donald Hayes, Rod Rutledge, Fred Coleman, Tony Simmons, J.R. Remond, and oh, let's say...Eric Bjornson)

Yes you are right, the Patriots front office has done a phenomenal job on drafting players and plugging in the right guys to work the system. I really do like what you guys did in this years draft. I still, however, would take the Fins recieving corps over the Pats. Plus I like our TE situation better than yours as well. Randy McMichael is pretty much a WR who does a good job in run blocking.

Anyway man, you're a cool guy and good luck this season. Have a good healthy year and may the best team win the division. (Hopefully my Fins ;))

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Yes you are right, the Patriots front office has done a phenomenal job on drafting players and plugging in the right guys to work the system. I really do like what you guys did in this years draft. I still, however, would take the Fins recieving corps over the Pats. Plus I like our TE situation better than yours as well. Randy McMichael is pretty much a WR who does a good job in run blocking.

And what's Ben Watson? A first round pick. Ran a 4.40 40. If he splits out, it can be deadly. Physical freak.

Graham is widely regarded as one of the best run blocking TE's in the league. Also a first round pick, he's had his share of big catches.

Add in Thomas and Mills, both versatile mid-round picks.

I can't see how McMichael, Peelle, and Teyo Johnson exceed that. At all.

With Branch and an always-dependable Brown, PLUS essentially a first-rounder in Jackson, and some potential in Caldwell, and I'd say the Pats have more depth than the Phins at WR/TE. Miami may have Chambers and McMichael, but there's just too much of a drop-off after them.

It's tough to find a loser between these two set-ups:

QB - Brady
RB - Dillon/Maroney/Faulk
TE - Graham
TE - Watson
WR - Branch
WR - Jackson

QB - Culpepper
RB - Brown/Minor/Morris
FB - Barnes/Beasley
TE - McMichael
WR - Chambers
WR - Booker

Last edited:
pats1 said:
It's tough to find a loser between these two set-ups:

QB - Brady
RB - Dillon/Maroney/Faulk
TE - Graham
TE - Watson
WR - Branch
WR - Jackson

QB - Culpepper
RB - Brown/Minor/Morris
FB - Barnes/Beasley
TE - McMichael
WR - Chambers
WR - Booker

Should be a great year. I can't wait for the season and for week 5 when we meet for the first time. IMO, that game and the week 14 game between us will decide the division.

patriotspride said:
keep dreaming

I just want to let you know, that I'm reserving my right to come back here and rub it in your faces when we win the division. I'm just giving you the heads up ahead of time. So when we do win the east, it's all fair game for me to come here and run my mouth.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Are you serious? Are you really that big of a homer to think that of Miami this year? That Minnesota team would have been one of the worst in the NFL if not for Culpepper and Moss. Their OL was ok at best and the rest of the team had sub-par talent. Can you name one player on that defense? If you can, that guy wasn't anything special because that defense was terrible. Miami's defense is twice the D that team had. Miami's running back is twice the back of any guy they have now. Chambers isn't at Moss status just yet, but he is a top 10 WR in this league.

That is the most ridiculous statement I've seen in a while.

First of all, where in my post do I say anything about the Patriots? I responded to your comment stating that Duante Culpepper is the guy who's going to lead the Dolphins to the Super Bowl. How is that being a homer? Speak for yourself regarding homerism.............try taking off the aquamarine-colored glasses for awhile and look at things more objectively.

Secondly, you are assuming that Culpepper is going to return to his 2004 season level of performance. Talk about ridiculous statements! How do you know this? Nobody knows this for sure. Albeit, Culpepper has had an impressive career thus far, but it's also been marked by inconsistency. More importantly, he's coming off a major injury. Even though he's making good progress in his rehab, there's no guarantee that he will make it through an entire season, let alone come back to the level of player he once was. The same situation the Patriots are in with Rodney Harrison.

Third, when I refer to Culpepper's supporting cast in Minnesota I am referring to the players he's had on offense around him during his stay with the Vikings. Are you going to try to tell me that Miami currently has better personnel than the likes of Randy Moss/Cris Carter at WR, Robert Smith/Michael Bennett at RB, and a star-studded OL with players such as Matt Birk, Korey Stringer, Bryant McKinnie, etc.? The same OL that consistently paved the way for one of the league's top running games. If you truly believe that then you know less about football than I actually thought. Another poster pointed out that he's had the misfortune of having Mike Tice as his head coach (very valid), but he's also had a much better coach in Dennis Green to work with as well. Plus, he had one of the highest regarded OCs in the league in Scott Linehan (the same guy who helped make dramatic improvement with your own team's offense last season)--Culpepper had one of the best ever seasons for a QB in 2003 under Linehan's tutelage. Yes, the Vikings defense while Duante was there generally sucked, but they are not devoid of talent.........Kevin Williams and Chris Claiborne quickly come to mind. Regardless, my point is that one person alone will not win a championship.........it is a TEAM game, just look at what the Patriots have accomplished thus far this decade.

Finally, I am not going to rehash all the good points that pats1 has made in comparing the current Patriots and Dolphins rosters..........he really hit the nail on the head in many of his observations. Your argument that I find really laughable is the TE comparison. I'll give you the fact that Randy McMichael currently is better than any tight end the Pats have on their roster, though I believe that Ben Watson will become just as good, if not better, a player than Randy. But what I find humorous is your assessment that the Dolphins have a better overall TE group than the Pats. Are you kidding me?!?!?! The Pats have the deepest, most talented group of TEs in the league and they will prove this with their performance this season. You must be hanging out a lot with Ricky Williams (if you know what I mean) to make a comment like that.

Yes, the Dolphins appear to be improving with all the personnel changes they've made, but you are kidding yourself if you don't think the Patriots are improving as well. The detractors like to point to the fact that they lost Vinatieri/McGinest/Givens, all significant losses, but they so conveniently disregard the fact that the 2005 Patriots were absolutely ravaged by injuries and still won the division and could've hosted the AFC Championship game if not for an uncharacteristically error-prone performance vs. the Broncos. The 2003 and 2004 teams won the Super Bowl with injury-riddled squads, but the 2005 team was worse off in terms of quality of players lost/number of injuries at key positions. This year's team is going to be better simply by the return of all these injured players. We shall see what happens, but I like our chances to repeat as Division Champions. I can understand your overflowing optimism, but maybe you should take a good look in the mirror when you want to label someone as a homer.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
I just want to let you know, that I'm reserving my right to come back here and rub it in your faces when we win the division. I'm just giving you the heads up ahead of time. So when we do win the east, it's all fair game for me to come here and run my mouth.

Okay, fine. But just make sure you have the balls to come back here and eat crow if the Patriots win the division. It's easy for someone to run their mouth during the offseason, but let's see if you have the sack to come back here and pay the piper if all your boasting comes back to bite you in the rear end.............................

Coast2CoastPatsFan said:
Okay, fine. But just make sure you have the balls to come back here and eat crow if the Patriots win the division. It's easy for someone to run their mouth during the offseason, but let's see if you have the sack to come back here and pay the piper if all your boasting comes back to bite you in the rear end.............................

Fair deal! Beacause I am 100% sure the Fins make the playoffs, most likely do that via winning the division.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
just make sure you come back when the patriots are at the top of the division again so you can eat your s hit sandwitch

patriotspride said:
just make sure you come back when the patriots are at the top of the division again so you can eat your s hit sandwitch

Yes sir I'll be the first one in line to feed you the crow my friend.

Ahh now this is what football is all about, delusional Dolphins fans. Just remember, group therapy is offered at a discount.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Yes sir I'll be the first one in line to feed you the crow my friend.
its time for you to put your crack pipe down .

Last edited by a moderator:
I just love how all you guys think it is an outrageous thought that the Dolphins might win the division. You all think that is completely impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back