PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Dol-fan's view

Status
Not open for further replies.

Box_O_Rocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Make sure you have your pop-blockers, etc. on, this was a very annoying website, but this opinion piece did have some entatinment value.

http://www.miamifootball365.com/articles/miami-dolphins/2006/miami-dolphins-predictions070606.html

I might as well get into the act and give you my prediction for the upcoming season since it seems ok to do so even in these early, hot summer days before the season. I have the Miami Dolphins earning a record of 11-5 and yes, winning the AFC East by one game over the New England Patriots . As for the Super Bowl, I'll wait until after the third preseason game to give that prediction.

I read this crap. My man gets email alerts from this idiot.

Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if the Phins go 9-7 or even 10-6 based on their easy schedule but they won't win the tough ones and they probably still won't make the playoffs.

Apparently, Ricky left his stash at this guy's house before he went to Canada. . .

Box_O_Rocks said:
Make sure you have your pop-blockers, etc. on, this was a very annoying website, but this opinion piece did have some entatinment value.

http://www.miamifootball365.com/articles/miami-dolphins/2006/miami-dolphins-predictions070606.html

What did you expect to read at a Dolphins website? Go to any fan site, this one included, and it's not hard to find fans with high expectations of their team. The Bills fans think they'll be anywhere from 8-8 to 10-6 and winning the division, Jets fans think they have a shot to surprise people etc. Pats fans also have the same tendencies and cry about respect if any media member or publication doesn't call them the team to beat. In the offseason everyone has high expectations for the upcoming year. It's part of being a fan.

Yes agreed but go to any other website who isn't in the AFCE and guess who they all pick winning the division? The Patriots, well so much for viewing things with extreme homerism. I don't think any team makes the playoffs out of the AFCE except the Patriots.

Last edited by a moderator:
MrTibbs said:
Yes agreed but go to any other website who isn't in the AFCE and guess who they all pick winning the division? The Patriots, well so much for viewing things with extreme homerism. I don't think any team makes the playoffs out of the AFCE except the Patriots.

I'm not sure what other fan sites are saying but many sports reporters and publications are saying that the dolphins will be cometing with the Patriots for the AFCE. Some even predict the dolphins will win so of course there are high expectations for the dolphins by their fans.

I can actually see 2 teams coming out of the AFCE given the relative weakness of the schedule compared to other divisions.

HAHA! I love seeing how bitter you guys are. You guys finished 1 game better than us and were very lucky to escape with a win in Miami the first time.

How have we not improved ourselfs at least one game worth? One of you stubborn Pats fans said we might go 9-7 or 10-6. We went 9-7 with Rosenfels and Frerotte as our QBs. If you didn't know, Culpepper is a 3 time pro bowler. That change right there is good enough for AT LEAST 1 game.

We have all new starters in our secondary, and now have one of the best fullbacks in football. Those each make up for at least another game.

You guys only lost players in the off-season. McGinnest, Givens and the greatest kicker this game has ever seen. That will cost you at least 1 game of last years record. Yeah you got Jackson in the draft but rookie WRs rarely ever do much in their first year. (I do believe that was a good pick however, kudos on getting that guy.)

So at the least the Dolphins will go 11-5, my prediction is 12-4. New England wins a wildcard spot at 10-6.

MrTibbs said:

I just want to know what this is base off of. Have you guys not payed attention to any of the personel moves Miami has made? You surely can't think that we only win 9 games again. We are twice the team we were last year.

Tyler Faith said:
I read this crap. My man gets email alerts from this idiot.

Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if the Phins go 9-7 or even 10-6 based on their easy schedule but they won't win the tough ones and they probably still won't make the playoffs.

LMAO!!! You wanna see an easy schedule...See the Pats schedule.

MrTibbs said:

I understand you get your opinion based on the Pats recent history. Thats fair, however how can you see what the Pats have done and not notice the other teams in the Division on the move?? It's not like the Pats dominate the fins. I'm sure you realize the fins play the Pats well. Nonetheless there comes a time for every team that they take a step backwards.

The Fins have seriously upgraded the QB position and that has been their biggest issue over the last 5 years and whats kept them from being serious contenders in the division. Our D has always been playoff caliber. I think your being a bit bias when you say things like the "Pats are the only ones that make the playoffs in the division".

You Dolphins fans keep riding that "1 win less" notion.

It's 2006.

It's meaningless.

Go ask the Jets how getting a kicker to propel them into the AFC Championship worked last year.

Every year presents a new situation.

Does anyone think the Pats will have the same kind of injuries they had last year?

I know most people here have seen this list 10,000 times before, but I'll post it again:

(Starters - with Faulk listed as the 11th offensive player - from the 2004/XXXIX squad in bold)

QB – Tom Brady – 16 games active, 16 starts, sports hernia and shin injury
QB – Doug Flutie – 16 games active, 0 starts, no injury
QB – Matt Cassel – 16 games active, 0 starts, no injury

RB – Corey Dillon – 8 games active, 8 starts, 6 games missed to injury
RB – Kevin Faulk – 8 game active, 1 start, 8 games missed to injury
RB – Patrick Pass – 12 games active, 3 starts, 4 games missed to injury
RB – Heath Evans – Signed on November 2nd, 6 games active, 1 start, 3 games missed to injury
RB – Michael Cloud – Signed on November 5th, Released on November 29th, re-signed on December 2nd, released on December 13th, 6 games active, 0 starts, no injury
RB – Amos Zereoue – Signed on September 28th, Released on November 2nd, 3 games active, 0 starts, no injury

WR – Deion Branch – 16 games active, 16 starts, no injury
WR – David Givens – 13 games active, 13 starts, 3 games missed to injury
WR – Troy Brown – 13 games active, 2 starts, 3 games missed to injury
WR – Tim Dwight – 16 games active, 1 start, no injury
WR – Andre’ Davis – 9 games active, 0 starts, no injury
WR – Bethel Johnson – 11 games active, 0 starts, 4 games missed to injury
WR – Bam Childress – Signed on January 1st, 1 game active, 0 starts, no injury
WR – Michael McGrew – 0 games active, 0 starts, 16 games missed to injury
WR – Cedric James – 0 games active, 0 starts, 16 games missed to injury

TE – Daniel Graham – 9 games active, 9 starts, 7 games missed to injury
TE – Ben Watson – 14 games active, 9 starts, 1 game missed to injury
TE – Christian Fauria – 5 games active, 5 starts, no injury

OT – Matt Light – 2 games active, 2 starts, 14 games missed to injury
OT – Nick Kaczur – 14 games active, 12 starts, 2 games missed to injury
OT – Brandon Gorin – 12 games active, 8 starts, 4 games missed to injury
OT – Tom Ashworth – 14 games active, 10 starts, 2 games missed to injury

OG – Logan Mankins – 16 games active, 16 starts, no injury
OG – Steve Neal – 16 games active, 16 starts, no injury
OG – Gene Mruczkowski – Signed on September 28th, Released on October 10th, Signed on November 16th, 7 games active, 0 starts, no injury
OG – Billy Yates – Signed in November, 4 games active, 0 starts, no injury
OG – Ross Tucker – Signed on December 13th, 1 game active, 0 starts, no injury

OC – Dan Koppen – 9 games active, 9 starts, 6 games missed to injury
OC – Russ Hochstein – 16 games active, 7 starts, no injury

DE - Richard Seymour - 4 games missed to injury
NT - Vince Wilfork - no injury
DE - Ty Warren - no injury

OLB - Rosvelt Colvin - no injury
ILB - Tedy Bruschi - 6 games missed to the stroke recovery
ILB - Mike Vrabel - no injury
OLB - Willie McGinest - no injury

CB - Tyrone Poole - 15 games missed to injury
CB - Duane Starks - 9 games missed to injury
CB - Randall Gay - 11 games missed to injury
CB - Chad Scott - 13 games missed to injury
CB - Asante Samuel - 1 game missed to injury
CB - Ellis Hobbs - no injury

SS - Rodney Harrison - 14 games missed to injury
FS - Eugene Wilson - no injury

S - Guss Scott - 11 games missed to injury
S - James Sanders - 6 games missed to injury
S/CB - Artrell Hawkins (signed in mid-November) - 2 games missed to injury
S - Michael Stone - no injury

And better yet, 19 of the 21 XXXIX starters who were on the 2004 squad, about half of them injured in 2005, will be returning in 2006.

Last edited:
Culpepper

Is this the same Daunte Culpepper who lead the Vikings to such a tremendous start in 05, got hurt, missed the season. I remember some old guy named Brad Johnson coming in with the same players and nearly taking the Vikings from the depths of hell to a near playoff appearance.

Buddylove said:
Is this the same Daunte Culpepper who lead the Vikings to such a tremendous start in 05, got hurt, missed the season. I remember some old guy named Brad Johnson coming in with the same players and nearly taking the Vikings from the depths of hell to a near playoff appearance.

No it's the Daunte Culpepper who had 39 TDs to just 11 INTs in 2004. The same Daunte Culpepper who is the 5th rated passer of all time and has the highest completion percentage of all time (minimum 2500 attempts.)

If we get that guy, Super Bowl, here we come. :)

Aqua4Ever04 said:
No it's the Daunte Culpepper who had 39 TDs to just 11 INTs in 2004. The same Daunte Culpepper who is the 5th rated passer of all time and has the highest completion percentage of all time (minimum 2500 attempts.)

If we get that guy, Super Bowl, here we come. :)

He had a better supporting cast in Minnesota and never led them to any Super Bowls, so what makes you think he's going to lead the Dolphins to one?

Coast2CoastPatsFan said:
He had a better supporting cast in Minnesota and never led them to any Super Bowls, so what makes you think he's going to lead the Dolphins to one?

The quality of the supporting cast sans Moss is up for debate. Everyone now seems to say Minnesota had this world-class talent which they clearly did not and no one at the time gave that opinion. As far as why would one think he could lead the dolphins when he didn't lead the Vikings, for starters Mike Tice is no longer his coach. Further, whether you think Culpepper is elite or not, you don't need an elite QB to win the superbowl and I'm sure I don't have to point out the examples to you. If Frerotte can win 9 games I have to believe Culpepper can up that given the relatively weak schedules of all the AFCE teams.

Coast2CoastPatsFan said:

Are you serious? Are you really that big of a homer to think that of Miami this year? That Minnesota team would have been one of the worst in the NFL if not for Culpepper and Moss. Their OL was ok at best and the rest of the team had sub-par talent. Can you name one player on that defense? If you can, that guy wasn't anything special because that defense was terrible. Miami's defense is twice the D that team had. Miami's running back is twice the back of any guy they have now. Chambers isn't at Moss status just yet, but he is a top 10 WR in this league.

That is the most ridiculous statement I've seen in a while.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Are you serious? Are you really that big of a homer to think that of Miami this year? That Minnesota team would have been one of the worst in the NFL if not for Culpepper and Moss. Their OL was ok at best and the rest of the team had sub-par talent. Can you name one player on that defense? If you can, that guy wasn't anything special because that defense was terrible. Miami's defense is twice the D that team had. Miami's running back is twice the back of any guy they have now. Chambers isn't at Moss status just yet, but he is a top 10 WR in this league.

That is the most ridiculous statement I've seen in a while.

Chambers is not a top 10 WR. Neither is Branch. Don't kid yourself.

I'd stick them both in the top 10-15 tier.

Last edited:
pats1 said:
Chambers is not a top 10 WR. Neither is Branch. Don't kid yourself.

I'd stick them both in the top 10-15 tier.

Give me 10 recieers better than Chambers. He was top 10 in TDs and catches last year. He was one of 8 pro bowl recievers and was 12th in yards. That sounds like top 10 to me.

You're right about Branch though, he is about in the 18-20 range IMO.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Give me 10 recieers better than Chambers. He was top 10 in TDs and catches last year.

Wrong.

2005 Regular Season:

Receptions:

T-1 - Larry Fitzgerald - 103
T-1 - Steve Smith - 103
T-3 - Anquan Boldin - 102
T-3 - Torry Holt - 102
5 - Chad Johnson - 97
T-6 - Derrick Mason - 86
T-6 - Donald Driver - 86
8 - Rod Smith - 85
9 - Santana Moss - 84
T-10 - Reggie Wayne - 83
T-10 - Joey Galloway - 83
T-12 - Marvin Harrison - 82
T-12 - Chris Chambers - 82
14 - Eric Moulds - 81
T-15 - Deion Branch - 78
T-15 - T.J. Houshmanzadeh - 78

And I didn't even include the elite TEs (Gates, Crumpler, Gonzalez)

Last edited:
pats1 said:
Wrong.

2005 Regular Season:

Receptions:

T-1 - Larry Fitzgerald - 103
T-1 - Steve Smith - 103
T-3 - Anquan Boldin - 102
T-3 - Torry Holt - 102
5 - Chad Johnson - 97
T-6 - Derrick Mason - 86
T-6 - Donald Driver - 86
8 - Rod Smith - 85
9 - Santana Moss - 84
T-10 - Reggie Wayne - 83
T-10 - Joey Galloway - 83
T-12 - Marvin Harrison - 82
T-12 - Chris Chambers - 82
14 - Eric Moulds - 81
T-15 - Deion Branch - 78
T-15 - T.J. Houshmanzadeh - 78

And I didn't even include the elite TEs (Gates, Crumpler, Gonzalez)

Alright so he missed it by 1 catch lol. I will still take Chambers over Derek Mason, Rod Smith, Donald Driver, Reggie Wayne and Joey Galloway any day. Think about it, Driver was the only offensive weapon the Pack had. Same with Mason in Baltimore. Reggie Wayne is made better by Peyton Manning, and Galloway was the only threat the Bucs had at pass catching.

Point is, Chambers is a top 10 WR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back