PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

8/14: NFLPA's latest submission is in

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also wonder why Kessler didn't wait until the deadline.

Daniel Wallach ‏@WALLACHLEGAL 15m15 minutes ago
No NFL filing as of yet; risky move by Kessler to give NFL access to his work-product early (also ironic given lack of access at hearing)
I think it reflects the tone of the settlement talks. Unless NFL has a new bombshell to throw , what are they going to argue about the bolded statements and "scheme" other than goodell has right to do so? I dont know.Lets see.

I also wonder why Kessler didn't wait until the deadline.

Daniel Wallach ‏@WALLACHLEGAL 15m15 minutes ago
No NFL filing as of yet; risky move by Kessler to give NFL access to his work-product early (also ironic given lack of access at hearing)
He didn't feel that he needed to wait. He does not care what they say, he thinks he has them in a corner with no room to maneuver. If that's what he thinks and it seems he does, then this is not really risky at all.

Reactions: JJC
Wow, with this filing I breathed a big sigh of relief. It is now, finally, clear that Brady is not going to settle for anything less that total exoneration. Love it. Yes, he could lose, but he would lose fighting and defending his honor.
You never know. All settlement talks begin only at the 11th hour of a deadline. Till then its posturing. NFL may finally talk settlement when its against time.

More clues that Brady might file a defamation suit at some point:

https://twitter.com/WALLACHLEGAL/status/632319177265537024

Not to mention:

Although no more than objective partiality is required to disqualify Goodell (NFLPA Mot. 14-15), the Award in fact evidences his actual bias. It is more smear campaign than reasoned decision—a propaganda piece written for public consumption, at a time when the NFL believed the transcript would be sealed from public view, to validate a multi-million-dollar “independent” investigation.
That original tweet had the most salacious part of the statement, but probably not the most important, which seems to be arguing a reckless disregard for the truth.

Reactions: JJC
You never know. All settlement talks begin only at the 11th hour of a deadline. Till then its posturing. NFL may finally talk settlement when its against time.
Could be, but he has sworn under oath that he did not participate in or know anything about a deflate scheme and just called Goodell a liar. Pretty clear signal he will accept nothing more than a nominal fine for not providing more cell phone info earlier in the process oh and no admission of anything having to do with deflating footballs.

Could be, but he has sworn under oath that he did not participate in or know anything about a deflate scheme and just called Goodell a liar. Pretty clear signal he will accept nothing more than a nominal fine for not providing more cell phone info earlier in the process oh and no admission of anything having to do with deflating footballs.
Yes , Iam talking about the NFL's stance.

rap_battle.gif

I know I'm a Patriots fan so I hope I'm not just seeing things with rose colored glasses but after reading that and everything that went on in court Wednesday I honestly don't know how ANYONE could rule for the nfl. I don't know all the legal terms but even me reading that can totally see Brady didn't get a fair appeal or hell a fair anything for that matter!

I think the defamation suit is a real possibility. A 200 million defamation suit against the Comish and the NFL and all proceeds to go to a fund for the players.

Well, he could donate $100k to the league for enrollment to the local community college for physics classes for Troy Vincent and the rest of the NFL league office so they can learn about the ideal gas law.

Well, he could donate $100k to the league for enrollment to the local community college for physics classes for Troy Vincent and the rest of the NFL league office so they can learn about the ideal gas law.

I think $10k for remedial high school summer courses would be more apt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes