PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

7-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had us a 2-2 as well. I mean we were facing a lot of unknown, even more so after Jimmy went down. I think they exceeded everyone's expectations.

alot of people had them pegged at 2-2 or 3-1.

Get Joe Haden .
Haden will likely be a cap casualty next year so the price would be workable. Browns fans seem to want a #2 - #4 (I know, wide range).

I wonder if the Browns liked Cyrus Jones coming out ;)

I pity all the poor soles that have to visit Foxboro in January, #HFA....And one pissed off QB...

I love this years team so fu*king much.
Agree. I actually would rather have this offense over 2007 because they have so many weapons and redundancy. When Dion comes back they will be two deep with starter level talent at every skill position including QB except for maybe Blount. The reason I say that is that I would consider white and Dion to be primarily receiving backs while blount is more of a bell cow.

Last edited:
hopefully with the bye guys who are dinged up like bennett and edelman can heal up. and Dion Lewis can finally be ready to go.

who wouldve thought hogan would be our deep threat when we signed him? guy seems to get open quite often deep and Brady has been able to hit him

This just feels like our season and even more so than last season. If we don't get to the SB, I will be more than dissapointed than that 16-0 season. I say that because at the end of the day we eventually got our 4th ring and this is for #5.

This x1000. I can't figure out how the D gave up so many points to that Bills offense.

Now I'm mad about that 1 loss even more. This team is talented enough to go 16-0. Would really hurt if we go 15-1.
We couldve lost to AZ if their kicker made the FG. Things can go either way.

This just feels like our season and even more so than last season. If we don't get to the SB, I will be more than dissapointed than that 16-0 season. I say that because at the end of the day we eventually got our 4th ring and this is for #5.
I felt last season was our year too. We have been lucky with injuries and i hope that trend continues . We saw how quickly things changed last yr once edelman went down.Its a long way to go.

I felt last season was our year too. We have been lucky with injuries and i hope that trend continues . We saw how quickly things changed last yr once edelman went down.Its a long way to go.
At least last season we knew we still had Brady (minus first four games) this season. This is the LAST great chance for Brady to win #5. After this season, who knows what could happen. Brady could regress, we could lose Bennett, we may not be as good as this year. I am going into this season as its a now or never Fairy Tail ending.

Not to mention if we want to dream for a #6, they HAVE to win this year.

Seriously ? Fail.
I certainly think it is. Brady isn't getting any younger and eventually the team will slow down like any sports team. I'm not saying there won't be another chance, but if we don't win it this year we will have missed our golden chance.

I certainly think it is. Brady isn't getting any younger and eventually the team will slow down like any sports team. I'm not saying there won't be another chance, but if we don't win it this year we will have missed our golden chance.
Sorry but that's stupid. We have a ton of FA but also a ton of cap space. We can likely supplement our talent base by trading JG, and we have 3 GOATs (Brady, Belichick, Gronk). We're good until Brady's play, not his birth certificate, says he's too old.

Sorry but that's stupid. We have a ton of FA but also a ton of cap space. We can likely supplement our talent base by trading JG, and we have 3 GOATs (Brady, Belichick, Gronk). We're good until Brady's play, not his birth certificate, says he's too old.
Those FAs are largely on defense too, and we all know the key is keeping the offense intact (not that the defense isn't important)... but even if the Pats only retain one of Hightower or Collins (my bet would be HT) and extend Butler, they would probably be fine considering their offense is mostly locked up... though a Bennett extension would be nice as well.

Pats are 7-1, the D will very likely get even better as the year progresses. Barring significant injuries the#1 seed is a very real possibility... possibly another Superbowl appearance, dare we say a win... and we're talking about who they'll lose in the off season and the window closes after this year.

Just checking.

I don't think its stupid at all. I said we might have another shot at #5, but I want it THIS year. Brady is the GOAT and I have always said I can see him being 43 and still being amazing, but eventually father time will win if it be 2017, 2018 or 2021.

Don't know how anyone who lived though the 07 season can say that.

At least last season we knew we still had Brady (minus first four games) this season. This is the LAST great chance for Brady to win #5. After this season, who knows what could happen. Brady could regress, we could lose Bennett, we may not be as good as this year. I am going into this season as its a now or never Fairy Tail ending.

Not to mention if we want to dream for a #6, they HAVE to win this year.
They have to win every year. Doesnt mean they will and if they dont they cant win next year.

Most people were saying that they would be thrilled with a 3-1 start, and happy with a 2-2 start. So, I assume most people are thrilled. I know that I'm happy with 7-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe