PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

7-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had us a 2-2 as well. I mean we were facing a lot of unknown, even more so after Jimmy went down. I think they exceeded everyone's expectations.

Opposing owners conspire to steal the Patriots' QB for the first four games. Meanwhile, all the chatter is about the great offseason moves the rest of the AFCE made to close the gap. So naturally, at the halfway mark the Patriots are the one and only team in the NFL to have essentially sewn up their division.

Wow.

Last edited:
Roger Goodell was seen descending into the bowels of 345 Madison Ave, his dominatrix was spotted coming in through the back door..

He calls her, affectionately, "Mrs. Tom".... his safe word is "Deflategate"!!!!

images

If we're talking trade targets, see what the Saints would want for Stephone Anthony. Be nice to have some LB cover and it looks like he's been marginalised completely just a year in to his career.

Media has us pegged at 2-2 - 1-3 start.

Do they never learn?

Most "media" are total hacks who watch a few hours of football in a season, or brain-damaged ex-players and coaches with axes to grind.

I honestly would not be surprised to find out half the members here watch more football in a year than some of these mediots like Felger or Borges. They watch 10-15 minutes on a weekend and somehow question the 20 hour-days put in by real football people. Total joke.

Now I'm mad about that 1 loss even more. This team is talented enough to go 16-0. Would really hurt if we go 15-1.
It's for the best. I'd rather go 14-1 and lay an egg while the starters warm the bench. It is starting to look like 14-2 will get the job done for home field. Going 16-0 took every ounce of willpower in 2007 and we just didn't have the same energy in the playoffs.

Let's focus on getting home field advantage and leave it at that.

Best team in the NFL. If we had a better D-Line, I would actually bet a lot of money in a Super Bowl win right now

Best team in the NFL. If we had a better D-Line, I would actually bet a lot of money in a Super Bowl win right now

This just feels like our season and even more so than last season. If we don't get to the SB, I will be more than dissapointed than that 16-0 season. I say that because at the end of the day we eventually got our 4th ring and this is for #5.

It'll be tough and require significant cooperation with some bad teams (Rams, Jaguars), but it's possible that the Patriots could officially clinch the division on SNF against the Jets on 11/27.

Opposing owners conspire to steal the Patriots' QB for the first four games. Meanwhile, all the chatter is about the great offseason moves the rest of the AFCE made to close the gap. So naturally, at the halfway mark the Patriots are the one and only team in the NFL to have essentially sewn up their division.

Wow.

That is what is truly astounding. The Patriots have yet to even play the two other teams in the division, but because of their lack of being, you know, good, and the Pats being, well, good, the division is all but a done deal. Just simply amazing what is happening. And November isn't even here yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes