PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

49ers Mac Jones Bombshell: Joel Klatt says Mac Jones was the original choice for SF.

@Ring 6

What don’t you agree with? Shanahan hired Lynch who reached out to Kyle for the GM job when he was rumored to get the HC job. Because of this, It’s known throughout the media Kyle and his Dad make the final call.
I disagree. Lynch is the GM.

Your conspiracy theory.
Google it. Shanahan was hired before Lynch. Shanahan hired Lynch. Shannon Sharpe who’s very close to Kyle knows Kyle and his Dad calls the shots. Ditto with Chris Sims. Colin Cowherd has mentioned Kyle calls the shots as well. It’s pretty well known.

Google it. Shanahan was hired before Lynch. Shanahan hired Lynch. Shannon Sharpe who’s very close to Kyle knows Kyle and his Dad calls the shots. Ditto with Chris Sims. Colin Cowherd has mentioned Kyle calls the shots as well. It’s pretty well known.
Shot Caller is a great movie
Intense
Kontra would like it

It’s really not so far fetched that a coach has the final say. GMs have pretty broad roles depending on the team. Some are number crunchers/cap experts, other analytics-based, others more old school scouting focused. And then you have someone like Lynch, who appears to be a good people person and likely focuses more on building consensus and allocating resources as he defers to experts.

As for Shanahan, I think the coach should have final say, though there there should be some veto power too.

This is all projection by Klatt. Shanahan and Lynch liked Lance back in January.

To give up your entire draft of two years for the rawest prospect imaginable at QB FROM AN FCS school is absolutely nuts.
He's not raw. He ran the most pro style offense. He did the most under center. He ran the most play action. He called protections. He had full field reads. He started the exact same number of games as Mac Jones. He played in big games (FCS championship) and won his league's Heisman (the Walter Payton award). He has among the cleanest mechanics. He's among the smartest in interviews.

Last edited:
@Ring 6

Smh.

It’s really not so far fetched that a coach has the final say. GMs have pretty broad roles depending on the team. Some are number crunchers/cap experts, other analytics-based, others more old school scouting focused. And then you have someone like Lynch, who appears to be a good people person and likely focuses more on building consensus and allocating resources as he defers to experts.

As for Shanahan, I think the coach should have final say, though there there should be some veto power too.
Lynch asked Shanahan for a chance at the GM job. If I read you’re last sentence correctly, how exactly could Lynch veto anything?

They obviously work as a team, but Lynch knows he can’t do anything without Kyle’s blessing.

He's not raw. He ran the most pro style offense. He did the most under center. He ran the most play action. He called protections. He had full field reads. He started the exact same number of games as Mac Jones. He played in big games (FCS championship) and won his league's Heisman (the Walter Payton award). He has among the cleanest mechanics. He's among the smartest in interviews.
He's raw in the sense that of the 5 QB's taken in the first round he's easily going to need the most development time and is the least likely to start week 1. Lawrence, Fields, and Wilson are basically locks. Bill is probably going to leave it up to competition. Jimmy G will have to get hurt or have an all time bad training camp for for Lance to have a shot at takingthe field.

Lynch asked Shanahan for a chance at the GM job. If I read you’re last sentence correctly, how exactly could Lynch veto anything?

They obviously work as a team, but Lynch knows he can’t do anything without Kyle’s blessing.
@Ring 6

You clearly haven’t read those articles.

Let me guess, you think Lynch hired Shanahan and calls the shots?

They don’t say what you think they do.
What? It clearly states Lynch reached out to Shanahan and Kyle wasn’t on board at first. York states Shanahan has some say who the GM is and they (York and Kyle) interviewed other candidates.

If you use common sense, Lynch can’t step on Shanahan’s toes.

Take the L and move on.

Everyone assumes that because these guys made it to the NFL that they are shrewd and calculated professionals who know what they are doing. But really, these are just evaluators that fall in love with a talent and buy into hype like everyone else.

What? It clearly states Lynch reached out to Shanahan and Kyle wasn’t on board at first. York states Shanahan has some say who the GM is and they (York and Kyle) interviewed other candidates.

If you use common sense, Lynch can’t step on Shanahan’s toes.

Take the L and move on.
Lynch doesn’t have final say. Shanahan does.

You guys still don’t realize he’s only GM by title?
I disagree.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back