PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

240 wins...a milestone, and still going. Is 300 in his sights?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im actually hoping that SB eventually takes ovet as HC and kicks the old man upstairs as GM

.....I even have witches, shamans & voodoo dolls that will make certain that doesn’t happen......

Stop it, we know they are all Barbies and Malibu Kens..........:D

At this pace, staying healthy, desiring to continuing playing, and maintaining the same winning percentage, he’d get there approximately at age 46 season, 202
throw in 5 more Lombardis too

After notching his 240th win, TB12 is 80% of the way to...don’t adjust your monitor...300 wins (regular season and postseason combined).

At this pace, staying healthy, desiring to continuing playing, and maintaining the same winning percentage, he’d get there approximately at age 46 season, 2023. We are a long way from that, and I’d put the odds at well less than 50% of it happening. But let’s remember that Tom is no longer just playing for championships; he is playing to win foremost, but he is also playing to prove what’s possible in athletics by extending his career to absurd lengths. You might call his fitness regimen and burning desire to beat Father Time his life’s purpose and spirituality (not to mention post-career business ambitions,). He has stated a desire to play to 45...if this number is within reach you wonder if it’s too tempting to pass up.

Merely because the odds are against him (he seems to like that), it doesn’t mean you can’t marvel/fantasize at what would be the most remarkable, virtually impossible feat in the history of American sports. It would be a testament to unheard of longevity and unheard of dominance combined. 300 wins would the cleanest, most cited stat for future generations.

Consider:

Peyton Manning, aka Mr. Week 17, is in second place with 200 wins. He played a lot of seasons and won a lot of games.

Only six other players have 150 wins.

Brett Favre is the career leader in games started at 322.

One more thing: Belichick is 53 wins from D-Bag Shula’s career win record. Brady is 60 wins from 300. Both would hit the mark at roughly the same time if they can pull this off for five more years, maintaining their level of success.

After witnessing the Stidham ERA first hand I sure hope he keeps playing until 46, 47 or more.

IMO this is harder than winning a 7th Super Bowl. I think the chance is less than 10% that he will reach 300 wins. 275 maybe. It’s a team game and while we have a stacked team this year, the team might look drastically different in the next few years.
like the last 19 years? As long as we have BB we win 11-14 games a season, and Brady taking less than market value, Belichick build depth. They will be a win wagon every year unless BRADY starts to be poor

Word has it....
Disguised as a lawn service weed puller, the Globe’s Ben Volin had been snooping around the Brady family composting space where he supposedly unearthed discarded boxes with “hims” crossed out and replaced with TB12 branding.
Immediately following this discovery, the Globe’s Spotlight team was hastily assembled in John Henry’s Boston Globe lair.
No word yet on conversations within the creep-master’s lair but editors were described as elated upon exiting the windowless crypt.
Whispers are seeping out that the Globe is in lockdown mode and that the Spotlight team has been given a hard deadline of Sunday January 20, 2020.
Word also has it that the Globe has budgeted for a 44 page special edition section for this Jan 20 date. To offset costs, the Globe plans to minimize its AFC Championship coverage and only fund a 150 word Shaughnessy column on Championship Sunday.

OT: Exterior cameras were recently installed behind the TB12 Performance Center in Foxboro after repeated dumpster disturbances had been discovered
This has to be phony.

Bob Holler isn't mentioned once.

Always disappointing when that one gets trotted out by the Brady haters. If the best they've got is Montana was better because in the years his team wasn't the best he had the good sense to lose sooner in the playoffs (or not even get there) you know right out of the gate you've got no shot at any kind of a decent sports argument.

Tell any athlete “4 gold medals is better than 6 golds and 3 silvers” and they’ll look at you like the moron you are.

Every time Mike Francesa on WFAN gets to "best QB", he picks Montana for exactly that (BS) reason. He uses the same twisted logic to say that Eli is one of the top four QB's in league history, because he has two SB MVP's (only three others have that or more). And of course, when someone calls to say, "So if Joe Flacco wins another Super Bowl, he's in the Hall?", Mike elevates the discussion... by hanging up on them. LOL

NFC, 1984-96

Joe Montana, 4-0
All other NFC QBs, 9-0

Young, Hostettler, Simms. Williams, Theisman, Rypien, McMahon, Aikman, Favre

A lot of these guys weren’t even very good QBs

NFC, 1984-96

Joe Montana, 4-0
All other NFC QBs, 9-0

Young, Hostettler, Simms. Williams, Theisman, Rypien, McMahon, Aikman, Favre

A lot of these guys weren’t even very good QBs

Hostetler won a Super Bowl against the best offense of the decade. There's not really much more to discuss. Niners could have run Steve Bono out there and won 3 of them.

It’s foolish to bet against Brady but I think 300 wins is not happening.

Tell any athlete “4 gold medals is better than 6 golds and 3 silvers” and they’ll look at you like the moron you are.

Brady's career in the context of Olympic medals:

19 Seasons:

6 Gold Medals (2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, 2016, and 2018)
3 Silver Medals (2007, 2011, and 2017)
4 Bronze Medals (2006 would have beaten Grossman Bears and likely the Saints that year, 2012 would probably have beaten the Falcons or even the Niners, 2013 might have beaten the Niners or been more competitive against the Seahawks, and 2015 would have beaten Arizona Cardinals and probably the Panthers even)
3 Qualified For Medal Round, But Did Not Medal (2005, 2009, 2010)
1 Did Not Qualify For Medal Round (2002)
1 Injured During Olympic Trails (2008)
1 Not Ready To Try Out For The Olympics (2000)

like the last 19 years? As long as we have BB we win 11-14 games a season, and Brady taking less than market value, Belichick build depth. They will be a win wagon every year unless BRADY starts to be poor

The difference is Brady is in his 40s now. Would I like to see it continue, of course. Just being realistic.

Don't have a source or anything, but pretty sure Tom wants the championships.

I don't think I conveyed my point properly. Of course all Tom wants to do is win championships. But talk of him retiring because he's hit some kind of championship number, I think overlooks that merely playing at a higher and higher age is also a huge goal for him. One of his huge goals is to prove his fitness program and dedication is a breakthrough in professional sports. You couldn't say that about him when he was, say, 30 years old. So I think he'll play as long as his body is in peak shape...and won't just retire like Jordan or a variety of other athletes with their "nothing left to prove" reasons. The only other factor is his family, but it's pretty hard to un-wire who you are, and I am skeptical that Brady retires any time before "he sucks."

Theoretically let's say he ends his age 45 season with 290 wins. Do you think he plays one more season just to hit 300, or is this meaningless to him? One thing he has always talked about is (1) availability, and (2) wins. I don't have an answer here...just wondering if people think TB12 would care about reaching 3o0.

Theoretically let's say he ends his age 45 season with 290 wins. Do you think he plays one more season just to hit 300, or is this meaningless to him? One thing he has always talked about is (1) availability, and (2) wins. I don't have an answer here...just wondering if people think TB12 would care about reaching 3o0.
He wouldn’t care.

I haven't seen Brady look as good as early 2019 in long time. No that he hasn't looked great in the recent past, but I think he is really 100% healthy right now. The passes he is throwing are ridiculously well placed and a ton of zip on them. He put some Instagram picture of the MPH on his passes this offseason. I'm not sure if's mechanics, conditioning, just fully healthy, or a combination, but he is really whipping the ball with perfect spirals. The passes are reminiscent of his 2006/07 days when the camera was having trouble following the speed of the pass. Has anyone else observed this? Take a look at that 3rd and 22 pass to Gordon...that is a totally absurd throw at peak velocity that, had it been thrown by Mahomes or Rodgers, all the pundits would say "no one else can make that pass."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back