PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

240 wins...a milestone, and still going. Is 300 in his sights?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rings are king.

At this point, I don’t even think he stops because of number 7. I think he’ll stop when it’s not too safe for him because family is important too.

As nice as this stat is, would prefer another or maybe two SB wins.. if #12 won another SB that would put him in unchartered waters inhaling rarified air.. 6 Superbowl rings and no one else is even close.

Of course there will be those who contend that Bradshaw, Montana and Aikman were undefeated, but no QB has played in 9 Superbowls and has 6 wins..

Not sure that BB is chasing Shula the difference is that BB already has 8 SB rings and Shula has 2, so not a very good comparison there either..

In otherwords, those QB's were better off going undefeated, and then losing before the big game (Championship game). So in a bizarre twisted way, Montana was better off losing a whack of times before the big game. It's a ridicolous argument. Montana won 4 SB's. That's great. But he also went one and done in three straight years (85-87). He was too injured to finish another championship game (90) in which his team lost. From start to finish, his team wasn't competitive whatsoever in the 93 Championship game. If going undefeated is a huge benchmark, maybe Brady would've been better off not making any more SB's after 04. Sure, we wouldn't have three more titles. But it also avoids the "embarrassment" of losing three times (07,11,17). The media is grasping for straws with this ridiculous argument. If Montana made more SB's (Especially 93), his team would've been demolished by Dallas. But we wouldn't look at him any differently. At least I wouldn't. I know this isn't your take. But I despise media members bringing it up.

It's going to be hard for Brady to get to 300 wins. There is too much parity in the league. Dregs of the league fairly often beat "great" teams these days. But I don't think 300 wins is really on Brady's radar. But I do want to see BB pass that moron Shula. And I think it'll happen within the next five years or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back