PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Content Post 24 QB Primer Thread

This has an opening post with good commentary and information, which we definitely recommend reading.
I thought Spencer rattler was impressive in his interview. Composed. Does everything well. Might be the pick outa the 2nd, 3rd tier whatever you wanna call it
I think that could be a plan B or C depending on how the top of the draft goes.

If the Pats prefer to trade down, but still don’t get their target, then Rattler has appeal.

JJ McCarthy was not on my radar at all until I was watching Michigan’s last home game. It was Senior Day and one of Michigan ‘s senior offensive lineman (RG I think) went down with a leg injury. The serious type that stopped play for several minutes.

While they were stabilizing the leg, the OLineman’s parents made their way to the field. I remember just being very impressed watching McCarthy interact with his teammates and his injured teammate’s parents while this was unfolding. He was the leader comforting everyone and hugging his teammate’s mother as they tended to her son (and no, not in a Zach Wilson way). Remember thinking I could see 12 doing that.

One thing overlooked is how important being a natural leader is to being a winning QB. I was a fan from that point on and rooted for him and Michigan on their journey to their National Championship.

I’m prejudiced against short and slight QBs (give me 6’4” 235) and McCarthy is both. I’ve started watching video on the top QBs in this draft other than Caleb Williams who I don’t think will be there at 3. McCarthy is as impressive to me as either Maye or Daniels. I was very surprised and impressed to see the number of tight window passes McCarthy completed in the middle of the field.

McCarthy is not making it past the Raiders or Falcons I bet.
The idea of taking McCarthy over Daniels/Maye terrifies me. Feels like a thing we would do.

Take McCathy in the 1st, Rattler in the 2nd and I’d be thrilled.

Those are the 2 guys I want in this draft.

Take McCathy in the 1st, Rattler in the 2nd and I’d be thrilled.

Those are the 2 guys I want in this draft.
Everyone touting for McCarthy over Daniels/Maye learned absolutely zero from the Mac Jones experience. Absolutely nothing.

Not exactly relevant, but interesting..

Not a QB..

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore