PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread 23 Official Week 10 PostGame NE vs IND Reactions

Immediate Postgame Reactions
BB has lost it. I can't wait to hear his explanation of why he had nobody back to return the Colts punt when they had them pinned deep. Although I'm sure it will be something like "mumble mumble, we felt the percentages of getting the block were higher than getting better field position with a return...mumble mumble..."

you think he'd really provide that much detail?

im guessing more like

"just doing what's in best interest of the football team"

harrison jr.
pittman
douglas

The pats could go from the worst WR group in the nfl to one in the top 5. They’d still have 60-70 million in cap space left.

These next 7 games are huge for the future of the team IMO.

Maybe there should be a firing this week after all. It's not only Mac's fault. They didn't play Boutte until the 4th.
No Reagor or TT at all. No separation, no one but Pop - which was Zappe forcing it the last play too.
It's time to just play the young guys and open it up. The run game was great today. So, glad they stuck with that mostly.
But should have on the last RZ possession too.

When they were around the 20 on Macs last drive I turned to my wife and said how does Mac **** this drive up? An interception or a fumble?

Ah ok lol. I have been watching a bit of Boston media clips lately now that national shows dont care about Patriots. They are nowhere near as bad as a lot of people made it seem on here over the years.
Uh. On what basis should we be giddy with delight?

This is absolutely the worst patriots offense I have seen in my 50 years of watching Patriots teams and that is saying a lot. I do place all of the blame on this disaster on Bill Belichick. He must go. Frankly, I did not even care if he is let go during the bye or at the end of the year. He cannot continue to run this organization further into the ground. It’s already 6 feet under.
Even The McPherson year? I remember it was really bad (1-15) but I can't remember how that offense looked.

I'm curious if there are any BB supporters left on this board. HE IS TOAST. GAME OVER.

I'm still in awe about the utter terribleness of that INT. Gesicki was wide open, Mac just needed to loft it to the back of the end zone. Instead, he decided to suck his scrotum inside of his pelvis and short the pass by a full 10 yards.

Can't go back to Mac after that INT and benching (can they?). Zappe blows. Let Grier get first team reps for two weeks and give him the start.

What a **** show.
View attachment 54515
Time to take the car keys away from grandpa.

You think Mac is playing decent 99% of the time?
I think 99% of the time he is an average or better QB depending on the circumstances but that 1% when he isn’t is Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell level bad.

i think he was something.. but i think we broke him, his mental clock is totally off now and he has lost his confidence

so its time to move on
The other day i heard ted johnson say that for the first 3/4s of his rookie season jones looked like a top fifteen maybe even a top ten qb. It appears last year broke him and he won't recover, at least not here.

People still underestimate what a soul-destroying blood-sucking vampiric feeling it is for football players to know their QB is not only horrendous, but he can't do the easiest little simplest things (for a pro QB).

Gesicki's reaction in the end zone says it all. He was all WTF!!

This carries over, folks.

Look at the OL: they mauled and mucked their way to great big gashes all game. If you can't throw the ball when the other team is sticking 9 in the box, you're hopeless. And everyone talks about the poor pass protection. And that comes with the territory when the defense sees absolutely no reason for to do anything back there. They will become ultra aggressive. They'll run blitz. They have nothing to lose. Soul destroying stuff.

We underestimate the impact on the players of all this stuff.

OL mauls people. Defense gives up 10 points. What else do you want these people to do?

Wondering if BB’s frustration at the end was on the INT or on the missed DPI and Colts being lined up offsides at the snap? Zappe played it like a “free play”

Feels more and more like we are going to trade down from the top of the draft for extra picks including OT. I won’t be upset about that,
Thanks to their ruining of Mac Jones(*), they no longer have a starting-caliber QB. They need to acquire one this offseason.

(*)Yes, he deserves some of the blame, but they've run a masterclass on making life difficult for a young QB.

The defense held the Colts to 10 points....and we lost

That pretty much says it all about this offense.

Keion White has been invisible this season. A whopping 8 total tackles and no sacks. He looks like he just stands around.
Yeah, what happened to the one man wrecking crew that we thought we had?

Mac shirtless ... towel on .... went to X-Ray room ...

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back