PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION 2024 Draft Day LIVE Discussion Thread Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still amazed that this outfit wasted everyone's time by interviewing Belichick.

For their front office, it's all about keeping their jobs, from the top on down.

Another hot take on this:

The Pats blew a once in a decade chance to get a superstar in MHJ. Maye is not ready to play, and comes from a very weak conference.

Now what do they do? They have basically said they are tanking again next year. Why even bother? Just trade all the picks to the future. They obviously need offensive players, they are devoid of any talent on offense.

McConkey would be a start, they also need a Faulk/Vereen/White type third down back.

The Pats blew a once in a decade chance to get a superstar in MHJ. Maye is not ready to play, and comes from a very weak conference.

Now what do they do? They have basically said they are tanking again next year. Why even bother? Just trade all the picks to the future. They obviously need offensive players, they are devoid of any talent on offense.

McConkey would be a start, they also need a Faulk/Vereen/White type third down back.
Dude shut up, you like a a whiny elementary school kid. Geez

Let's take a breath.

Mac was a low ceiling, high floor guy. How'd that work out? So now they took a high ceiling/low floor guy. They've got to develop him. You won't be crying if he reaches the potential these guys are talking about. The draft is a crap shoot.

A week ago, posters were talking about MHJ being slow and not even the best WR in this draft. Today, he's headed for the HoF? Look at how he's handled his business of late. Does that scream great teammate, or a guy in it for himself? He's going to the highest bidder in 5 years, so you could get him then if you want to spend the money.

Let's wait and see how they fill out the opening day roster before we start calling for Tank '25.

Last edited:
Wolf said in his press conference that they knew weeks ago that Daniels was going at 2, so they came to a consensus that Maye would be their pick a couple weeks ago and weren’t really fielding trade offers seriously.

They certainly did a good job hiding it. Most reports in the media said they didn’t even like Maye. Seems like Wolf already has his smokescreen game down…
Which to me seems to show they had weeks to trade out if the pick if the had reservations about Maye
They stuck and picked
Good sign they were all in on Maye

Dude shut up, you like a a whiny elementary school kid. Geez
He's not wrong though. We don't know what Maye will be, but those criticisms are legitimate, and you did pass on the best player in the draft to take him.

He's not wrong though. We don't know what Maye will be, but those criticisms are legitimate, and you did pass on the best player in the draft to take him.
saying it 100 times won't make it true

For many (most?) Harrison is not the best WR of this class. I vote 3rd. Some vote 2nd. Some vote 1st.

Nobody knows what prospects are going to be, you project and hope for the best.

Shots fired at ATL's GM:

PS I found out why AD Mitchell dropped. He suffers from diabetes and needs a 'handler' because he has bad mood swings when his blood sugar gets low. So some teams got scared off in the 1st round.

This discovery leads me to believe we are going LT in round 2 instead of WR.

Last edited:
Shots fired at ATL's GM:

Well I mean everything stated in the tweet is factual. *shrugs*

If Michael Penix Jr. bombs out of the league due to injury issues, the owner would be justified to fire the GM 2 years from now.

saying it 100 times won't make it true

For many (most?) Harrison is not the best WR of this class. I vote 3rd. Some vote 2nd. Some vote 1st.
It's definitely not 'most'.

Also the Arizona Cardinals agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back