PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread 2023 Week 8: Patriots fall 31-17 to the Dolphins

Immediate Postgame Reactions
Outplayed on both sides of the ball. Disappointing after the effort last week, felt like they turned a corner and then same ole.

Schedule does ease up now a bit but I really felt like we needed to be 3-5 at this point to realistically have a shot at doing anything.

Worst of all is bourne’s injury, would be a huge loss to an already dismal offense.

What a joke of a season. BB doesn't have brady to bail him out of **** play calling anymore.

So many plays that just were terrible, a run on 2nd and 18... Seriously. They constantly do that low percentage run and everyone is ready for it. I'm just tried of seeing the predictable play calls and the terrible offensive line and the QB that just keeps throwing behind the line of scrimmage

Bill watches the dolphins and bills in person twice a year and still he doesn't have any respect for fielding his own powerhouse offense.

Now Bill and pats will start racking up wins now that season is over. Just enough to make sure we can not get blue chip takent
That's where Kraft has to step in and ensure they sell.

You never want your team to lose for the future. But they need to do it.

They are gonna win a couple of their next 4 games to go to 4-8 and ruin the draft and it’s gonna suck.
I wouldn’t be so sure. Next Sunday I expect Sam Howell to show the Patriots why the Zappe draft pick was laughably stupid when Howell was right there a few picks later. Maybe we’d have a different starting QB right now.

need to go 7-2 to sniff the playoffs
The good news is that the only “very good” teams left on the schedule are Buffalo and KC so 7-2 is possible, and a lot of the other AFC wild card contending teams also lost today. But hard to have faith that the Pats can go on such a run. Maybe if there was an in-season coach and QB change.

Actually, the defense and the defensive game plan was solid. But the offense still can’t score over 20, and noodle-armed Corky makes horrible decisions. Throwing an INT in the red zone demoralizes the defense.

Tyquan Thornton a healthy scratch? Former second rounder who gives us the outside speed that’s desperately needed?

Wow.

Carolina wins, zach Wilson sacked for 15 yard loss on 4th and forever. Jets lose to Giants.

Tanking is for losers but that’s exactly what this is. Mind as well be good at something.

Lots of cap space, some high picks finally, Judon and shutdown Gonzales come back strong. Future is bright.

Not upset. We cannot consistently field a competitive team. Our offense struggled to score without turnovers. I don't have patience for Mac to improve. It would take years if ever for that to happen.

Gonna use this to get a debating going here, maybe
can someone please expose this refs guys can you not start some media staff out there in the states thats horrible obviously rigged refering wondering no fans are killing those refs after each game thats how bad and rigged they are
In every sports that I watch, officiating seems to get worse and worse. Which is weird, considering that technology to auxiliate these guys keeps on going.

It's a tinfoil hat thing for me maybe, but I just cannot think that the rise of Sports Betting has not deeply impacted sports. With this parlay ****? Literally 10+ returns on your odds AND you can actively temper with the outcome? Why wouldnt you do a small, dishonest action, when there is literally no accountability?

This **** is rampant. And it's scary to think that Sports bets sites are major sponsor in every major sport, in every major team/player

It's crazy to me. The hush money and cheap trills of betting is CRAZY

I turned the game off after the third penalty called, they were all petty or no existent. i could tell that the ''fix'' was in. The officiating combined with the total dysfunction of the offense made the game un watchable. This offense is so piss poor the reffs didn't need to put their thumbs on the scale.

Jets LOL. Somehow tie it up.

don't look now...the J E T S JETS JETS JETS are about to win in OT

Actually, the defense and the defensive game plan was solid. But the offense still can’t score over 20, and noodle-armed Corky makes horrible decisions. Throwing an INT in the red zone demoralizes the defense.

Tyquan Thornton a healthy scratch? Former second rounder who gives us the outside speed that’s desperately needed?

Wow.
Good news is we should see Thornton and Boutte next week.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back