PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Pregame Thread 2023 Week 2 OFFICIAL Pre-Game Thread: Patriots vs Dolphins (EDIT: was Phish chatter)

Pregame Discussion ahead of the LIVE game day discussion thread. The actual Game Thread will Open an hour ahead of kickoff.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They lost two more starting linemen since the Eagles game.

If they don’t get anyone back healthy for the Dolphins and David Andrews is too injured they could be missing 5 starters to injury.
Andrews was removed from the injury report.

I doubt that Brown and Sow play but given that they played every snap last Sunday as well as the fact that they still haven’t been ruled out would seem to indicate that the concussions are relatively mild.

I understand it's not any sort of special, cutting edge insight ("already been discussed," lol), but on first blush I struggle to see how they can win with an O-line this questionable/crippled. So, I think,"Ehhhhh, I guess they lose 24-17." On the other hand, there was a lot to be encouraged about in the Eagles game: I don't think the running game will be that anemic as a rule, I think the younger receivers are developing pretty well (toe tapping aside), the defense really is good, Bo'B is obviously a genius, Mac has far more courage than his milquetoast manner might suggest, special teams seem much improved, Hunter Henry really is back, and so on. Because I am a curmudgeonly old f, I am generally drawn to the pessimistic side of the street, but I'm gonna say Pats by a point or two: maybe 17-14. (I know that's three points, but I was an English major with a minor in philosophy, so what do you expect, stellar numeracy?)

Andrews was removed from the injury report.

I doubt that Brown and Sow play but given that they played every snap last Sunday as well as the fact that they still haven’t been ruled out would seem to indicate that the concussions are relatively mild.

BB has been known to over-report injuries (TB12's listing of Shoulder rivaled Dark Side of the Moon's streak of weeks on the Top 100). These two could be a result of BB pushing for "let's be careful here. Keep them in concussion protocol to be sure."

Man would I love to see that.
Obviously, we'll try to focus on the run.

I presume that MIA has good enough defensive coaching that they will also focus on our running game, forcing Mac and the OL to win (if they can0 through the passing game.

Phins win they just have too much firepower and their defense is good enough to force mac into tough throws.

Bill needs the gameplan of his life problem is I think McDaniel is a modern day Version of himself on the other side of the ball absolutely love him.
Tua is deadly accurate, Hill is a game breaker no matter who is on him it’s not fair they have 2 number 1 WRs.

They can run the ball no matter who is in the backfield due to the play designs and the respect teams have to give those 2 WRs.

We need to confuse Tua as well as McDaniel and Welker and that is a tall order.

Let me be the first to say we are the best 0-2 team in the NFL.

If they all end up at 1an1 it will no be a four way tie, as the Pats will be the only undefeated team in the AFC east. Therefore #1!!!!!

Phins win they just have too much firepower and their defense is good enough to force mac into tough throws.

Bill needs the gameplan of his life problem is I think McDaniel is a modern day Version of himself on the other side of the ball absolutely love him.
Tua is deadly accurate, Hill is a game breaker no matter who is on him it’s not fair they have 2 number 1 WRs.

They can run the ball no matter who is in the backfield due to the play designs and the respect teams have to give those 2 WRs.

They haven’t played the game yet Simma down nah

Out of long-established habit and for no other defensible reason, I check ESPN's "Expert picks" each week. This week five pick the Dolphins; five pick the pats. I guess that means half of them aren't really experts at all, but which five?

I think Bill matches up well with this offense which is why they've been in every game against the Dolphins. The Dolphins are built for chunk plays, but don't have much patience when the deep plays aren't there. Gonzalez will have another tough task this week. And the offense can't turn the ball over as they've lost every game against the Dolphins since Mac has been in NE when they lost the turnover battle.

Winovich playing for Miami means automatic win.

I kid.

I think the key to this game is hitting Tua hard, early, and often.

Which sucks because dude is one hit away from vegetable…but that’s on him.

Pats have to get pressure up the middle, Tua did a good job handling pressure from the edges by stepping up. Barmore has to have another good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe