PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Pregame Thread 2023 Week 2 OFFICIAL Pre-Game Thread: Patriots vs Dolphins (EDIT: was Phish chatter)

Pregame Discussion ahead of the LIVE game day discussion thread. The actual Game Thread will Open an hour ahead of kickoff.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. To be clear I also agree with your original comment. White should start over Wise, IMO, but not until Year 2.

And yes, you are right about Roberts, but he is even more raw than White. We saw Roberts repeatedly over run the play in the last pre-season game. Very strong and Roberts should contribute next year I am guessing. I took Uche three years. White appears more flexible and quicker than Roberts. Roberts looks more like a Wise clone to me, White is a step above both.
Yes, I also agree. Roberts actually is a 2nd or 3rd year player I'm not sure. But he was a spot player. I'm still surprised Carl Davis was cut.. I'm not sure why. When depth is pivotal on the D line. White just looks like he's ready made for Football. Roberts is an inside rusher.. I'd like to see him more in the rotation as that sub inside rusher. He has all the tools to be disruptive.

Really hope Jon Jones can go. His importance vs tyreek is no secret.

Any word on armstead’s chances to play?

If we have at least one of strange and Trent, I’d love to see the run game get going. This would be an ideal game to lean on it. If they’re going to play 2 high with fangio, let’s get the run going, continue to use bunches/stacks, and see Mac keep it up with the anticipatory throwing

I have seen both Giardi and Bedard say that Jones had a veteran rest day on Friday. Sounds like he is a go.

Trent Brown is doubtful since he hasn’t been cleared of the concussion protocol. He could today, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

It looks like Owenu is going to go. They didn’t bring an o-lineman up from the practice squad. So that is a good sign for Strange.

Bedard also said based on what he saw from Friday’s practice, Parker is going to be a no go. The fact they brought up Reagor from the practice squad enforces that.

Sounds like Armstead is going to play based on what the Dolphins reports say about how he was in practice this week.

Jaelen Phillips doesn’t seem to be a go. He is the Dolphins best pass rusher and their pass rush is not very good. So that is a plus for the Pats’ depleted o-line.

Good news for Mac Jones. Phillips is the Dolphins only really good pass rusher. No one else is close. Chubb has been a bust in Miami. Big break for the passing game if Phillips is out.
I hope Chubb doesn't come alive suddenly against the Patriots OL. He's been almost dead since arriving in Miami and signing that Big Extension stay quiet Chubb.

I hope Chubb doesn't come alive suddenly against the Patriots OL. He's been almost dead since arriving in Miami and signing that Big Extension stay quiet Chubb.

It was stupid to trade for Chubb. The guy is living off his rookie season. He has been often injured and wildly inconsistent.

But Bedard said watching the all-22 from the Chargers game, the Dolphins defense is a mess right now. And they are likely to be without their best pass rusher. I know the Patriots are depleted on offense, but they should be able to do damage vs the Fins’ defense.

I am answering my own questions- haha. I think BOB will use Reagor as a gadget guy, with end around for example, and 2 or 3 routes, all deep routes. I think Parker is a great receiver but his inability to stay healthy is mind blowing. Parker is always hurt and it seems to be different ailments. Reagor replaces Parker as a deep threat and as a gadget guy, I am guessing. 15 plays all game?
right, but don't we have marcus jones for that? Unless he's playing full-time defense if jon jones is out.

Keys to the game:

Staying hydrated with r-r-refreshing H-H-H2O….

Keion White will go off on this nationally televised game
Marcus Jones on Tyreek
Beat up Tua
Smash mouth with Mondre and Zeke
Defensive score
Field position.

Can't turn the ball over like last week and last sesons first game versus the Phins. Stating the obvious but that basically killed all chances of winning.

Hoorah.....UK provider is showing the Pats game, but...it is a 0120hrs kick off so it's another recording I am affraid. At least I can get the whole game.
Can't you get NFL+ in the UK? Every game is there on a short delay and they upload the all-22 within a few days.

Can't you get NFL+ in the UK? Every game is there on a short delay and they upload the all-22 within a few days.
Thanks Kasmir....yes we get NFL Game Pass. (NFL+ is USA only...I think)....however game is still a 01.20hrs kick off so too late.

I actually cancelled my NFL Game pass due to cost and how much I used it....too many subscriptions !

No probs and thanks for the suggestion.

I wonder if BB is going to use the concede the run strategy that they used against Peyton’s Broncos to slow down the passing attack. Dolphins also don’t run as well as the Broncos did.

Thanks Kasmir....yes we get NFL Game Pass. (NFL+ is USA only...I think)....however game is still a 01.20hrs kick off so too late.

I actually cancelled my NFL Game pass due to cost and how much I used it....too many subscriptions !

No probs and thanks for the suggestion.
I am going to be in the Netherlands for the saints game. Any tips for trying to watch the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3