PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Pregame Thread 2023 Week 2 OFFICIAL Pre-Game Thread: Patriots vs Dolphins (EDIT: was Phish chatter)

Pregame Discussion ahead of the LIVE game day discussion thread. The actual Game Thread will Open an hour ahead of kickoff.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to be in the Netherlands for the saints game. Any tips for trying to watch the game?
I am sorry but I don't know. I did a quick check online and most suggestions are to use VPN's or use Paramount plus or ESPN. I would guess that there is less NFL interest in the Netherlands compared to UK/Germany

So, not much help to be honest. There seemed to be some access advertised in sports bars but would depend on where you are visiting.

The main provider in UK and possibly other European c countries is Sky sports which has a deal with the NFL

@patsfanfromoversea can you help here ???

I am sorry but I don't know. I did a quick check online and most suggestions are to use VPN's or use Paramount plus or ESPN. I would guess that there is less NFL interest in the Netherlands compared to UK/Germany

So, not much help to be honest. There seemed to be some access advertised in sports bars but would depend on where you are visiting.

The main provider in UK and possibly other European c countries is Sky sports which has a deal with the NFL

Also NFL Game pass is the European version of NFL+

Come on Rob, you're like a battered woman defending their abusive partner when it comes to Mac Jones. No blame can be attributed and every excuse under the sun will be used to excuse behavior.

You might want to look in the mirror. You are so obsessed with trying to take a victory lap that you were right that Mac Jones and not Patricia was the biggest problem with the offense last year, you are just making a fool of myself.

Again, I was pointing out the obvious. The Pats' running game was putrid last week. Again 75 yards at 3.5 YPC and the lead back getting 25 yards on 12 carries (2.1 YPC) is not going to win this team a lot of games especial since the Pats are a team that values the run more than most. When build a team to win on defense and a strong running game and your running game sucks, that is an issue.

That has nothing to do with Mac Jones specifically. Nothing in my post that you seem obsessed over "excusing his behavior". In fact, it could have been inferred by my post that Mac Jones isn't good enough to get into a shoot out with the Dolphins. And you know what? Without the talent Tua has at his disposal, I don't think he is since I don't see a huge difference between Mac and Tua.

Last edited:
The running attack last week was a direct result of getting down 16 so early limiting the # of carries to 12 by Stephenson, and, rushing behind two second string guards. It looks like Strange and Onwenu will play today. It will be nice to see the OL settle down and get a few games together.

we can watch games via dazn here in germany

Thanks Kasmir....yes we get NFL Game Pass. (NFL+ is USA only...I think)....however game is still a 01.20hrs kick off so too late.

I actually cancelled my NFL Game pass due to cost and how much I used it....too many subscriptions !

No probs and thanks for the suggestion.
I'm out of market for the Pats too (I'm in Austin) and NFL+ is incredibly cheap vs NFL Sunday Ticket. I don't mind watching games on replay, but I recognize that for many folks that's not an acceptable alternative to watching live.

BTW NFL+ now includes RedZone (live) which is also great for those out-of-market folks who (like me) have dropped cable.

I have come to absolutely despise the obsolescent media piglets like local TV stations restricting access to their content to try and force local viewers to watch their inept advertisements and recycled or unbearable content. Jeez, TV stations, if you are too incompetent to fix your internet ad feeds to profit from targeting out-of-market viewers, just let us buy access at a reasonable fee!

The running attack last week was a direct result of getting down 16 so early limiting the # of carries to 12 by Stephenson, and, rushing behind two second string guards. It looks like Strange and Onwenu will play today. It will be nice to see the OL settle down and get a few games together.

The Pats were down 16-14 at the half. They were never down by more than five points in the second half other than for less than two minutes of game time when they were down by 11 and the Pats scored a TD in a 1:56 of game time in response. They ran the ball 11 times in the second half.
The running game didn't work in large part because of the o-line. Stevenson ran into a wall of defenders every time he ran up the middle. And Stevenson didn't look right. But he was sick leading up to the game.

All of it could be correctable especially against a Dolphins' defense that gave up 233 yards on the ground last week. But they have to correct it this week. The Pats are not built to get into shootouts and the Dolphins are.

(I'm in Austin)

Austin's a great area!! I was stationed down there at Bergstrom AFB in the late 70's early 80's. I used to love visiting Zilker Park and Armadillo World Headquarters. Lots of beautiful women from the University of Texas too!!

I'll bet they won't even be active on gameday.
@captain stone I said that because guys can get called up.. however the doesn't mean they see game action on game day. Of course BB knows more football than anything.. but sometimes you just wonder why certain guys that definitely help are inactive. Reagor would have been great to have last week.

Austin's a great area!! I was stationed down there at Bergstrom AFB in the late 70's early 80's. I used to love visiting Zilker Park and Armadillo World Headquarters. Lots of beautiful women from the University of Texas too!!
Yep, great cosmopolitan city with excellent internet related infrastructure -- if you don't mind 100+ degree days every summer late afternoon. I'm content with that as a trade for the ice, snow, and slush of a frigid Massachusetts winter...

@captain stone I said that because guys can get called up.. however the doesn't mean they see game action on game day. Of course BB knows more football than anything.. but sometimes you just wonder why certain guys that definitely help are inactive. Reagor would have been great to have last week.
The Patriots were fine at receiver last week. It would be nice to see Davante Parker on the field, but they did have eight different receivers catch passes against the Eagles.

They have to establish a running attack and stop shooting themselves in the foot. Two bad turnovers early dug them a hole they never fully crawled out of. Not enough was made of the Zeke Elliott fumble that led to the second Eagles TD. Boutte has to get his feet in bounds. Mac has to a avoid delays of game and sacks. Penalties at key moments on both sides of the ball hurt.

This team is not good enough to overcome turnovers and pre-snap penalties. All of the problems from last week are fixable. Fortunately, the coaching staff is in place to do that.

I have seen both Giardi and Bedard say that Jones had a veteran rest day on Friday. Sounds like he is a go.

Trent Brown is doubtful since he hasn’t been cleared of the concussion protocol. He could today, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

It looks like Owenu is going to go. They didn’t bring an o-lineman up from the practice squad. So that is a good sign for Strange.

Bedard also said based on what he saw from Friday’s practice, Parker is going to be a no go. The fact they brought up Reagor from the practice squad enforces that.

Sounds like Armstead is going to play based on what the Dolphins reports say about how he was in practice this week.

Jaelen Phillips doesn’t seem to be a go. He is the Dolphins best pass rusher and their pass rush is not very good. So that is a plus for the Pats’ depleted o-line.
Thanks. That’s huge if Phillips is out

Now on nfl network all 5 predictions on Miami...

The running game didn't work in large part because of the o-line. Stevenson ran into a wall of defenders every time he ran up the middle.

Because of the O-line, Mac time to throw was around 2.5 seconds. So the Eagles knew that he wasn't going deep, and so they could crowd the line of scrimmage and intermediate areas. So Pats were always running into a very heavy box.

When it comes to the Pats, I really hate night games. Hopefully they can finally win one over Tua.

When it comes to the Pats, I really hate night games. Hopefully they can finally win one over Tua.
Probably minority here but being in the West Coast it's perfect for me. It ends at 830pm and I can talk **** or cry myself to sleep depending on the result

The Pats were down 16-14 at the half. They were never down by more than five points in the second half other than for less than two minutes of game time when they were down by 11 and the Pats scored a TD in a 1:56 of game time in response. They ran the ball 11 times in the second half.
The running game didn't work in large part because of the o-line. Stevenson ran into a wall of defenders every time he ran up the middle. And Stevenson didn't look right. But he was sick leading up to the game.

All of it could be correctable especially against a Dolphins' defense that gave up 233 yards on the ground last week. But they have to correct it this week. The Pats are not built to get into shootouts and the Dolphins are.
This, and as I've said all week, good on BoB for not smashing his head against that wall the entire game. That's the best front 4 in the league, and it was a 7-8 man box almost the entire game.

It did limit play action, which was unfortunate, and I wish BoB had gone to it more, even if they weren't running, because I think Philly would have bit plenty. Also in the 3rd quarter he was slow to adjust the playcalling when Philly was sitting on those short routes. But hey, it was his first game back as an OC in the NFL in many years as well. Week 1 for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes