PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread 2023 Patriots Official Postgame Thread: Week - 14 NE @ PIT

Immediate Postgame Reactions
Hyper-active & insufferable Mac Jones fanboy posters who ruined this years season coming to terms with their new life in witness protection:
Ray Liotta Nobody GIF

Where was Mac Jones? Did the camera show him once?

I figured they would at least flash to him to do the quick “there’s Mac Jones who lost the starting job” commentary, but I didn’t see him once.

NFL probably thought if they showed him, people tuning in late might think he was actually in the game and immediately change the channel.

he was cut, and WANTED to come back to team afterwards...
He knew Mac was toast. Kinda like we know Rob0 is toast.

Curran post game doing all he can not to credit Zappe
It's been clear this year that Mac or one of his people is a source of his based on how hard he has been defending him.

Same for O'Brien though not as obvious.

It's been clear this year that Mac or one of his people is a source of his based on how hard he has been defending him.

Same for O'Brien though not as obvious.
Can't wait to see what Lazar has to say. Another Mac defender and Zappe hater.

While I wanted a loss to secure our draft position as I was hoping for #1, beating the Steelers and making their insufferable fans cry is always so sweet.

We lost our cushion but we are still #2 so it's all good. That said, begs the question of why Belichick and O'Brien both thought Mac was better than Zappe when it was obvious last year he had the better QB qualities (confidence, pocket awareness, toughness, mechanics).

Was Zappe better than Mac with less talent around him, I’d have to say yes.

Zeke was really good catching the ball today.

Bill still owns Tomlin.

Jennings is turning into a very solid edge defender.

Happy we won and maintained the #2 pick.

While I wanted a loss to secure our draft position as I was hoping for #1, beating the Steelers and making their insufferable fans cry is always so sweet.

We lost our cushion but we are still #2 so it's all good. That said, begs the question of why Belichick and O'Brien both thought Mac was better than Zappe when it was obvious last year he had the better QB qualities (confidence, pocket awareness, toughness, mechanics).
Now that we saw that Zappe can play a little bit we need to put Mac back in and secure that top 2 pick. It would be a disaster if we end up picking at the bottom of the top 10

What does Brees, Russell Wilson, Brock Purdy and Mahomes have in common ? They are all 6'1 inch or shorter.
Why are people fixating on Zappe's height ? Some of the best QB's of the same height or shorter have had a lot of success in this league. If we feel Zappe will fail, it will be because of his arm strength and the team around him, not because of his height !!!!

What does Brees, Russell Wilson, Brock Purdy and Mahomes have in common ? They are all 6'1 inch or shorter.
Why are people fixating on Zappe's height ? Some of the best QB's of the same height or shorter have had a lot of success in this league. If we feel Zappe will fail, it will be because of his arm strength and the team around him, not because of his height !!!!
3 of those are league MVPs and super bowl winners, and the 4th is on track to be MVP this year.

You have to be *incredible* at the position to succeed if you're that short. Bailey Zappe isn't ever going to be a league MVP.

3 of those are league MVPs and super bowl winners, and the 4th is on track to be MVP this year.

You have to be *incredible* at the position to succeed if you're that short. Bailey Zappe isn't ever going to be a league MVP.
I agree that those are all incredible players, my only point was that we should not focus on his height as a deterrent but instead on other factors . Let him play some more before we determine what are the positives and negatives about him.

Just finished watching the game.....

Elliot and Jennings played well and of course Zappe , especially in the first half. I also thought McDermott (LT) and the OLine in general did OK. Although Sidy Sow still struggles but still time for him to get better..

Think I only saw Gesicki once in the whole game......not really working out for him ?

Was Zappe better than Mac with less talent around him, I’d have to say yes.

Zeke was really good catching the ball today.

Bill still owns Tomlin.

Jennings is turning into a very solid edge defender.

Happy we won and maintained the #2 pick.
agree with all that, did we retain that draft pick? Nice surprise to wake up to
They did, saw him twice. Once off to the side and looking at a tablet, then again head down and walking the sideline somewhere. Wasn’t many around him in either shot, so off to side I assume.

I gotta admit, I’m not a Zappe fan, but his passes seem to have a lot more zip to them them Macs. At least that what my eyes are telling me

agree with all that, did we retain that draft pick? Nice surprise to wake up to

They did, saw him twice. Once off to the side and looking at a tablet, then again head down and walking the sideline somewhere. Wasn’t many around him in either shot, so off to side I assume.

I gotta admit, I’m not a Zappe fan, but his passes seem to have a lot more zip to them them Macs. At least that what my eyes are telling me
I believe so in regards to the draft pick.

Well then, an excellent night then, in a season full of garbage!
But... if we want to keep it ... we need to put Mac Jones back in as asoon as possibile !!! ;)

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back