PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread 2023 Patriots Official Postgame Thread: Week - 14 NE @ PIT

Immediate Postgame Reactions
I'm not defending Mac I'm attacking hindsight
Who’s hindsight? I was one of the people wanting to start Zappe week 1 lololol

Mac Jones should have been dumped a long time ago. Deal with it. Must be tough.

Man. Talk about a game of two halfs. Offense came out on fire. Playing like they had nothing to lose and everything to prove. 2nd half they came out with their only intent being to hold on for dear life. Almost pissed the game away with that chicken **** playcalling. I have to give Zappe credit for standing tall, moving in the pocket and making **** happen with pretty much only 3 weapons to work with. Elliott played with some serious heart, grinding out those dirty yards. Defense was meh. They are what they are. Capable of strong series and capable of not getting a stop when they need it most. Tonight they got it when they needed it most. Damn it’s so fun to beat the Steelers and watching Angry Tomlin on the sidelines.

It’s amazing how scouts looked at Mitch Trubusky and agreed he was the guy over National Champion DeShaun Watson and Patrick Mahomes.

I see there are some pissed off posters because they won. I’d like a high pick too, but it is no guarantee they will be the savior.
exactly. Trubusky is a perfect example of why expecting a generational QB just because we draft high is a fallacy.

Mac Jones averages like -4 points per game. Cope and seethe harder. Maybe you and Rob can keep each other company with your mental gymnastics this week. Can’t wait to see which of you brings home the Gold and which of you brings home the Silver.
Listen man. I like Zappe more than Mac. I mightve believed in Mac a little longer than I should've but that's just a case of homerism. It happens. I just don't really think Zappe is, what, 5 wins better? He's not the difference between playoff contention. Though to your point even a mediocre QB is that difference. I need a couple more outings like this from Zappe to cross over into believer territory

I wish they would be more aggressive when leading instead of always playing not to lose. The team has been like this for years not and it is aggravating.
I am really glad they won tonight, it's always a pleasure to beat the Steeler !!

Who do you want the Pats to play in the Super Bowl this year? I’d like a rematch with the Eagles. We hung in there despite McCorkle being McCorkle and giving them 7 points. Not sure if they want to face us again. We’ll see.

Who’s hindsight? I was one of the people wanting to start Zappe week 1 lololol

Mac Jones should have been dumped a long time ago. Deal with it. Must be tough.
I don't really care about Mac Jones as much as you hope I do. Try a different angle lol

Listen man. I like Zappe more than Mac. I mightve believed in Mac a little longer than I should've but that's just a case of homerism. It happens. I just don't really think Zappe is, what, 5 wins better? He's not the difference between playoff contention. Though to your point even a mediocre QB is that difference. I need a couple more outings like this from Zappe to cross over into believer territory
The AFC is weak as **** right now. There’s mid teams chasing wildcard spots. With even average QB play this year, we’re in the hunt.

If we started Zappe week #1 we would be chasing a playoff spot right now. Blame Mac Jones for this season’s **** show.
I’ve been saying there were 4 games, LV, Indy, LA, Wash, Giants that we win with a barely competant QB. Let’s say Zappe screws one up, that puts us at 7-6 and in the fight.
Keep the D together, get a Qb, get a LT, do some with at the receiver position and this team is an immediate contender in 24

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back