PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread 2023 OFFICIAL Week 18 PostGame Thread: Patriots Lose to Jets 17-3

Immediate Postgame Reactions
Yes the Patriots lost a bunch of one score games.

But finishing 3 games behind the 3rd place team isn't really what I'd call a team that was "close" this year.
It wasn’t close, because of the qb. Today was another example. Replace the qb play we got with average or even under and it’s now 7 losses that would have been wins and sitting on 11-6.
Look around the league. When good teams get poor qb play they lose

Boggles my mind when people are delusional enough to think players are ordered to tank.
yup, and if Bill was tanking then they are not calling flea flickers or double reverses that could end up in big plays.

Zappe seems to think he is a starter. His ceiling is a back up QB. I am not sure he will be the best back up for a team that will likely have a rookie QB they are trying to groom to be the franchise. They need a back up who knows they are the back up and will do everything possible to help the rookie grow into a starter.
Much rather see a vet for that role. Will Fitz unretire? Lol

Zappe seems to think he is a starter. His ceiling is a back up QB. I am not sure he will be the best back up for a team that will likely have a rookie QB they are trying to groom to be the franchise. They need a back up who knows they are the back up and will do everything possible to help the rookie grow into a starter.
100% this. Zappe is delusional about his own ceiling

Bill Belichicks final record post Tom Brady is 29-39, which includes an 0-1 playoff record
He’s coached his last game of his career?

One of the top 2 QB’s SHOULD be available as I just don’t understand the Bears taking a QB.
Just in general, I have a hard time envisioning MHJ still being available at #4. Even if teams move around in one way or another, I feel like somehow that guy is going within the top 3 picks in some capacity.

It wasn’t close, because of the qb. Today was another example. Replace the qb play we got with average or even under and it’s now 7 losses that would have been wins and sitting on 11-6.
Look around the league. When good teams get poor qb play they lose

AFC East

3. Jets 7-10
4. Patriots 4-13

That's not what I'd call close.

Humiliating ending for Bill. It’s sad.

But Bill made his bed when he let Brady go. They could have finish both on top instead Bill wanted to show that it was him and it backfired in his face
No, Bill made his bed when he didn't do anything to replace Brady in 2020. Waiting to sign Newton as a desperate move wasted Edelman's last year, and set up the need to lean on a rookie in '21... and the rest of the sabotage of the QB the last 3 years are well documented.

All the people desperate to see Bill gone are going to have a helluva reality check with a new regime, I fear.

Look, if the Herald story is true, he has to go, but it’s pretty clear to me that that story was a crap piece just from the news on Klemm.
Yup, the whole regime of the past 4 years will coming falling down if Mayo or Vrabel is the next HC. NOT!

BB Postgame presser coming up. This should be interesting

I've said Bill was overrated and Brady made this team for years. Of course none of the homers on this forum wanted to hear the truth then nor do they still want to hear it now. The record speaks for itself. BB without Brady has more losses than wins. Kraft bet on the wrong horse. And one of his main problems is he's cheap. They don't spend real money on the team for skill players and it shows. They need to start over from square one. Anyone on staff or front office related to the BB era needs to go.
Delusional and stupid

Go watch another sport

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes