PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread 2023 OFFICIAL Week 18 PostGame Thread: Patriots Lose to Jets 17-3

Immediate Postgame Reactions
Most PatsFans would disagree regarding Wilson not me I'll also add if the Bears are moving on from Fields we should be in the mix he shouldn't cost us a lot.
Fields stinks, we need to stay away from bad quarterbacks.

I am identifying exactly what happened in specific games. How else would you do it? Cumulative statistics? lol.
I wouldn't bother because is a colossal waste of time. Interjecting a variable into a historical event to speculate what would happen is great bar talk and that's what you are doing.
I think the 2023 Patriots had the worst qb room in the league. The rest of the roster would have been competitive with a decent qb. They have weaknesses, but the overall team would have won more games than they lost if they weren’t shot in the foot by the QB play.

They lost 8 games by 1 score and scored 17 or less 12 times. With the worst qb play in the league. Surely qb play matters, doesn’t it?
Yes- QB play matters. So does the rest of the roster which you overrate.

I wouldn't bother because is a colossal waste of time. Interjecting a variable into a historical event to speculate what would happen is great bar talk and that's what you are doing.

Yes- QB play matters. So does the rest of the roster which you overrate.
Identifying the impact the bad qb play is no different than you saying “the roster sucks” except that I am being specific after actual analysis.

Identifying the impact the bad qb play is no different than you saying “the roster sucks” except that I am being specific after actual analysis.
Great. Your next useless activity should be to go off and determine how many games we win with an average oline, average WRs, and a 93% FG kicker.

Great. Your next useless activity should be to go off and determine how many games we win with an average oline, average WRs, and a 93% FG kicker.
You can do that, I chose to analyze the impact of the qb, particularly because ol and wr look worse when the qb sucks. But when I looked at the qb tape when 10 played I saw a lot of open receivers he didn’t throw to.

You can do that, I chose to analyze the impact of the qb, particularly because ol and wr look worse when the qb sucks. But when I looked at the qb tape when 10 played I saw a lot of open receivers he didn’t throw to.
Better off looking at the Ryland disaster. and his impact on losses.

He had 25 FGA. Made 16 for 64%. If he made the top 10 ave of 93% that would have been 21 points.

With the 21 points they beat the NYG 13-10, Indy 12-10, LVR 23-21 and tie WASH. That gets them to 7-9-1.

If they keep Folk (96.7%) hypothetically they beat WASH and they finish 8-9.

All hypothetical and useless but a lot more quantitative than looking at open receivers while not sure if they even catch the ball.

Not as bad as the two excrements masquerading as QB's on this Team. :mad:
I don't know by how much, his EPA since 2021, using only the top 32 QB's by pass attempts he is only better than Pickett, Davis Mills and Zach Wilson. In the last 2 minutes of the half and game he's hanging out with the likes of Devito. But he can run, so maybe he'll be Cam Newton from 2020 good?
At least with Daniels/Maye/Williams you'd have some hope they'll be good, no hope with Fields.

Better off looking at the Ryland disaster. and his impact on losses.

He had 25 FGA. Made 16 for 64%. If he made the top 10 ave of 93% that would have been 21 points.

With the 21 points they beat the NYG 13-10, Indy 12-10, LVR 23-21 and tie WASH. That gets them to 7-9-1.

If they keep Folk (96.7%) hypothetically they beat WASH and they finish 8-9.

All hypothetical and useless but a lot more quantitative than looking at open receivers while not sure if they even catch the ball.
He missed 1 against the giants, so that’s 10-10.
He missed 1 against Indy so that’s 10-9
He missed none against Washington.
He missed none against the raiders.

But you are right if the Qb didn’t stink he could have had those chances.

I am identifying exactly what happened in specific games. How else would you do it? Cumulative statistics? lol.

I think the 2023 Patriots had the worst qb room in the league. The rest of the roster would have been competitive with a decent qb. They have weaknesses, but the overall team would have won more games than they lost if they weren’t shot in the foot by the QB play.

They lost 8 games by 1 score and scored 17 or less 12 times. With the worst qb play in the league. Surely qb play matters, doesn’t it?

1704753140491.png

^^^ this is exactly what the 2023 Patriots were. Nothing more, nothing less. No need to overthink it. No point playing the what if game.

What about the bad QB play of teams we faced? Does that also get fixed in this moronic theoretical?
of course not
because this would lead to the conclusion that the pats lack talent and proper coaching, but andy does not want to accept it
he wants to blame the qb for the losses
i mean yeah loosing to tommy devito an allpro qb who is so much better than the pats qb was the difference in this game

I don't believe any team in the league had WORSE QB play than the Patriots.
have you watched pittsburgh arizona giants jets falcons? then you find the answer
Name the teams in question, since the story isn't a broad brush. For example, the JEST Defense is fantastic - can't take that away from them. After his dismal performance against the Cowboys in week 2, Zach Wilson threw 3 - JUST 3! - picks. Also, for all his warts, and they're considerable, Wilson, particularly with Garrett Wilson there, can challenge much more of the field than Mac Jones.

The JEST had a better turnover differential than the Patriots - and that matters.
The JEST beat the Giants and the Commanders with competent, even good, QB play - two games the Pats lost because of BAD QB play. Flip those two games alone and the Pats win 6, the JEST 5. Both teams had sucky QB'ing, both teams sucked - but suckage isn't a straight line (Mac v Buffalo, Wilson v Texans, if you get my point).

I'll add in that Wilson went off in a couple of games, most notably the Texans' game. He can do that. He can win a game with his arm. It's sporadic and I want nothing to do with him, but he has the physical talent to do things Jones and Zappe cannot. If I'm a DC, I'd rather face Jones or Zappe than Wilson.

I was thinking about the D-Hop. Might have helped a couple of games but I don't think it would have moved the needle appreciably.
Agree…but it would have helped. The JJSS and Parker contracts were much worse decisions than the DHop decision.

And everyone on earth besides one person knew this.

Agree…but it would have helped. The JJSS and Parker contracts were much worse decisions than the DHop decision.

And everyone on earth besides one person knew this.
journey of allen strange nicksplat GIF

have you watched pittsburgh arizona giants jets falcons? then you find the answer
I have watched a lot of games. Even the other BAD QB teams had games of good QB play (see my example of the JEST, above). Did the Pats have a QBR above 80 for any game other than the first Buffalo game?

They were consistently terrible.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back