PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread 2023 OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Week 5 - New England Patriots vs New Orleans Saints

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trailer Park Boys Drink GIF

That Mac Jones pitch just has to be the nail…my 5th grader makes that pitch 10/10 times in youth football….literally.

Mac Jones has given the other team 24 points in the last game and a half and scored 3 for the Patriots.

He's literally blowing himself out 24-3.

Mac to himself in the mirror: "Baby, imma blow your back out today, balls in hand."

Queuing up the popcorn for the presser. Who will be asking the Breer-ish type questions...

This is why staffing changes need to be made, imo. You have a defense that, when healthy, could make the case for the best. Using that as a springboard for a new front office that can cobble together a decent offense with a spoil of resources is possible. That's the part that hurts the most: we don't need a world-beater offense (though I hope you try to always build one), this defense - when healthy - requires an offense that only needs to consistently score 24. And with a good offense, that defense will only be better. Force teams to have to take chances with passing into our secondary? That'd play right into their hands, literally.
I wonder if a new staff would retain Jerod Mayo as DC. Steve Belichick would probably be gone.

I hope Kraft totally cleans house. Don’t want a Belichick guy, hit the reset.

Was it the OL's fault that time that Mac couldn't pitch the ball 5 feet?
That was really ugly. A no look between the legs may have been better.

Hey they can give Mac a clean pocket and plenty of time to throw when they block with eight players.

Did we give up? Why the hell are we punting?

The fan are starting to holler at the guys in the broadcast booth. Maybe they want Zo to give it a try.

Get rid of Bills kids at coaching would be a small upside. We need talent, not career building

Punting down 24-0 on 4th and 3, Saints 40.

Bill is the Mac Jones of coaching.

To be honest - the defense still has the bones to be good next year and they had a good rookie class. They can be sellers before the deadline and collect assets, end the year with a top 5 pick and draft their QB of the future. Invest in offense in the draft and also use your huge cash reserves the next few years to ink some playmakers while still having a good defense to buoy your rookie QB. But tough to say if Kraft will be on board with that plan while keeping Bill or if he would need to clean house. If he did, the next staff would be set up for set up pretty nicely to shape the roster how they'd like.
I agree with the overall plan. We need to revamp the entire offense next season. If BB won't step down as GM, sadly I feel like he has to go.

He can't be allowed to run this team's talent into the ground anymore.

There's no TB12 to cover up the talent deficiencies on offense!

And when it gets this bad, a poor QB like Mac Jones can do absolutely nothing to move the needle.

Draft a new QB1. Rebuild the offensive line. Get playmakers in free agency as well. Let's do it!

The were actually 5 in total; against BUF in ‘09, TEN in ‘19, CLE in ‘02, BUF ‘18 & MIA in either ‘17 or ‘18 I believe.
You're right, just came across this:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back