PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 WR/PTP Draft Prospects

Romeo Doubs is one of my draft binkies.
Glad to see the Patriots met with him three times.
Him and Metchie would be a good mid round combo.
Pierce and Tolbert are also WRs I can co-sign.
Interestingly enough I think the player Doubs reminds me the most of is our newly obtained Devante Parker.

Interestingly enough I think the player Doubs reminds me the most of is our newly obtained Devante Parker.
Romeo Doubs might turn to be a good player in the nfl, but I would like the Patriots to draft more talked about WR’s. Patriot‘s we are smarter than everyone approach to drafting WR‘s hasn’t worked out too well.

Romeo Doubs might turn to be a good player in the nfl, but I would like the Patriots to draft more talked about WR’s. Patriot‘s we are smarter than everyone approach to drafting WR‘s hasn’t worked out too well.

Doubs is a late round guy who was very productive. Doubt is very talked about on Day 3.

I count 10 confirmed top 30 visits (not random visits that sites add to their top 30 tracker anyway), and Doubs is the 4th that is recovering from an injury that has prevented him from working out. He joins Metchie, Booth, and Marcus Jones in that group.

Jalen Tolbert doesn't have a lot of negatives meaning the ones he has can be easily corrected. Tolbert and Notre Dames' Kevin Austin could get lost in this talent rich WR class Bo Melton is a very interesting prospect too like Alec Pierce and Romeo Doubs. Let's say the Pats let the Draft come to them or stay Pat.:cool: I would be happy with the Best Defensive player @ 21- Offensive line @ 54 one of those WR's above @ 84. That would be Three very good picks in NEED areas. Whoever you get on Day 3 is just gravy.

Jalen Tolbert doesn't have a lot of negatives meaning the ones he has can be easily corrected. Tolbert and Notre Dames' Kevin Austin could get lost in this talent rich WR class Bo Melton is a very interesting prospect too like Alec Pierce and Romeo Doubs. Let's say the Pats let the Draft come to them or stay Pat.:cool: I would be happy with the Best Defensive player @ 21- Offensive line @ 54 one of those WR's above @ 84. That would be Three very good picks in NEED areas. Whoever you get on Day 3 is just gravy.

Saying that WR is a "need area" is a bit of an over-statement. The Pats have Bourne, Parker, Meyers, and Agholor. Adding a WR means that he'll be the 5th WR. None of them are jumping those 4 this year unless there is a major injury. It's a need in that Agholor is in the last year of his deal and Meyers is on his RFA tender (unless reported otherwise).

If the Pats take a WR in the 1st 3 rounds and that WR doesn't see much in the way of offensive snaps, you and the Negative Nancies will be screaming about how dumb BB is and how he can't draft WR. Despite the fact that they have 4 veterans ahead of that guy.

That's why I'm hoping for a guy like Phillips. Who will contribute on Special Teams and can grow into the slot WR role. Or like Marcus Jones who can play WR as well as Corner and Special teams (or both).

Saying that WR is a "need area" is a bit of an over-statement. The Pats have Bourne, Parker, Meyers, and Agholor. Adding a WR means that he'll be the 5th WR. None of them are jumping those 4 this year unless there is a major injury. It's a need in that Agholor is in the last year of his deal and Meyers is on his RFA tender (unless reported otherwise).

If the Pats take a WR in the 1st 3 rounds and that WR doesn't see much in the way of offensive snaps, you and the Negative Nancies will be screaming about how dumb BB is and how he can't draft WR. Despite the fact that they have 4 veterans ahead of that guy.

That's why I'm hoping for a guy like Phillips. Who will contribute on Special Teams and can grow into the slot WR role. Or like Marcus Jones who can play WR as well as Corner and Special teams (or both).
DaBruinz can you post without the negativity? Can't get blood from a stone right? That said you don't know that in bold it's not a given other than Parker when healthy or Bourne with his continued improvements. A young WR could easily top this bunch on talent alone it's not far fetched some of these young WR are that good. We haven't hit on one in while I feel this is the year and BB should be tied up when we are making the WR selection and untied after.

DaBruinz can you post without the negativity? Can't get blood from a stone right? That said you don't know that in bold it's not a given other than Parker when healthy or Bourne with his continued improvements. A young WR could easily top this bunch on talent alone it's not far fetched some of these young WR are that good. We haven't hit on one in a while I feel this is the year and BB should be tied up when we are making the WR selection and untied after.

Last edited:
DaBruinz can you post without the negativity? Can't get blood from a stone right? That said you don't know that in bold it's not a given other than Parker when healthy or Bourne with his continued improvements. A young WR could easily top this bunch on talent alone it's not far fetched some of these young WR are that good. We haven't hit on one in while I feel this is the year and BB should be tied up when we are making the WR selection and untied after.
Not to mention the possibility of trades. Heck, in the 1st reg season game of 2019, we had Edelman, Dorsett and Gordon, but UDFA Jakobi still played and even caught a pass (for 22yds).

Tolbert's routes are nice. He's definitely one to watch!

Not to mention the possibility of trades. Heck, in the 1st reg season game of 2019, we had Edelman, Dorsett and Gordon, but UDFA Jakobi still played and even caught a pass (for 22yds).
There is a difference between having 3 veterans ahead of a draft pick and 4 veterans ahead of a draft pick. If the Patriots have those 4 to start the season, the rookie won't be seeing the field except for injuries.

That's f'in hilarious. One of the most negative posters on this forum telling others not to post with negativity.

Next, I was being realistic, not negative. YOU , Cap Stone and numerous other love bagging on BB whenever he doesn't do what you want. 9 times out of 10, you're wrong and he's right.
Unlike you, I'm not impressed with the likes of Olave, London or Jamieson Williams. I don't see them being better versions of Devante Parker. I think that Watson and Burks are the two who will shine on the outside. I think that Phillips and a host of others will shine out of the slot. But the reality is that there are many WR who just never perform. Harry. Parris Campbell. Mike WILLIAMS (drafted by Lions).

Has anybody been looking at Christian Watson? I'm a little leery that he's from a small school, NDSU, but that speed of his pops off the tape. I think it translates to the pros. He also offers an electric option on kick returns. But how is his route running?

Has anybody been looking at Christian Watson? I'm a little leery that he's from a small school, NDSU, but that speed of his pops off the tape. I think it translates to the pros. He also offers an electric option on kick returns. But how is his route running?

I feel that he's a plus route-runner. That he has the agility that we are familiar with from the likes of Edelman and can use it to create even more space.

Yes we are Watson is going anywhere from 28 to 36 I think. He has some flaws like a very limited route tree but should be a nine route and a gadget player early on.

If the Pats can trade down, getting him early in the 2nd would be exciting.

He was more intriguing when he was seen as a realistic candidate at 54. It seems that more due to the Adams and Hill trades than anything Watson has done, he's now getting mocked in that 28-30 range too much for my liking. I will say that he fits the current composition of the WR group in that they have enough WR depth under contract for 2022 to give him a very limited role if they think his contributions in 2023 and beyond would be worth the wait.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back