PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 Schedule Coming On May 12 2022 - 8 home and 9 away

The predictions on here seem a lot like what was posted at this time last year. Lot's of "This schedule is so hard! No way the Pats win more than 7 games". Pats fans are nothing if not consistent, seems like a lot of people are doubling down on their wrong predictions from last year as if the Pats won 6 games last season.

For the record, statistically the Patriots actually underperformed based on their win total. For predictive purposes the point differential has proven to be more indicative of a team's quality than a teams record. The expected win total based on the Pats point differential last year was 12.4 wins, so 2.4 than they actually had.

Last edited:
Bills, Cards, Raiders. 3 road games. You been to Gillette lately? Bills fans outnumber Pats fans. Its just like the 90s again...

Under/Over is 8.5. I'll take the under. Do you want the over?

lol, I was in Buffalo going to college during the Bills SB run. After the first couple of SB losses they struggled to sell out their own stadium and the only reason they travelled to Foxboro was that there were ALWAYS cheap seats available. That is until Parcels showed up, then we made the playoffs in 94 and its been all good since. They managed to bite us last year, that was LAST year already.

The predictions on here seem a lot like what was posted at this time last year. Lot's of "This schedule is so hard! No way the Pats win more than 7 games". Pats fans are nothing if not consistent, seems like a lot of people are doubling down on their wrong predictions from last year as if the Pats won 6 games last season.

Agreed, but confidence grew all summer and really took off when Newton was cut. Looking at the players we have, things could come together in a way very similar to the Bengals last year.

In particular check out the footage of the Falcons week in the video it has to do with us ;)

Thanks, I had to re-watch to catch that, That anime actually is pretty good, lots of clever subtleties.

Thanks, I had to re-watch to catch that, That anime actually is pretty good, lots of clever subtleties.
I caught another Patriots reference in the Seahawks portion of the video. Zoom in on the tombstones

Week 1: Miami - L

Week 2: Pitt - W

Week 3: Baltimore - L

Week 4: Green Bay - L

Week 5: Detroit - W

Week 6: Cleveland - W

Week 7: Chicago - W

Week 8: Jete: - W

Week 9: Indy - L

Week 10: Jete - W

Week 11: Minn - W

Week 12: Buffalo - L

Week 13: Arizona - L

Week 14: LV - L

Week 15: Cincy - L

Week 16: Miami - W

I believe the above is the WORST case scenario with wins against Pitt, Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago, Jete X2, Minn, and Miami (at home). That would mean an 8-9 season. However, I think because of Bill’s coaching we can win 2-3 additional games from the remaining match ups like Buffalo (home), Indy, and LV. This would be a 11-6 season, which is not too shabby.
Why do we only play Buffalo once?

Week 1: Miami - L

Week 2: Pitt - W

Week 3: Baltimore - L

Week 4: Green Bay - L

Week 5: Detroit - W

Week 6: Cleveland - W

Week 7: Chicago - W

Week 8: Jete: - W

Week 9: Indy - L

Week 10: Jete - W

Week 11: Minn - W

Week 12: Buffalo - L

Week 13: Arizona - L

Week 14: LV - L

Week 15: Cincy - L

Week 16: Miami - W

I believe the above is the WORST case scenario with wins against Pitt, Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago, Jete X2, Minn, and Miami (at home). That would mean an 8-9 season. However, I think because of Bill’s coaching we can win 2-3 additional games from the remaining match ups like Buffalo (home), Indy, and LV. This would be a 11-6 season, which is not too shabby.

You left out the last game against Buffalo (but I'm assuming that would be included as a loss if this is worst case).

I'm not all that afraid of Baltimore, especially at home. I could see that being one of the swing games too.

They lucked out by not getting CLE later in the year, probably wont have to face Watson. I dont usually go through W/Ls game by game, but I could see 9-10 wins

Why do we only play Buffalo once?
The second game is week 17. Honestly, if Buffalo is as good as we expect this might be a blessing as the Bills would be more likely to rest players in week 17 if they have their seed locked up.

Tbh, this season is an enigma. On paper we seem to be lacking in talent/ playmakers but pretty high potential .

It could be a 6-11 season or a 11-6 season . Every game seems to be a roll of dice with few exceptions .

I hope we perform above par to cross the 10 win threshold. WC would be 11 minimum I guess in AFC.

Pats open +2.5 underdogs in Miami. Makes sense. Two fairly evenly matched teams with Miami getting 3 points at home.

Pats are not going to be a well-rested team by the end of the season, while Barfolo is...

Last edited:

The good news is that 4 of those days are from the Cardinals' bye week followed by MNF (15 days) compared to the Patriots' TNF to MNF (11 days). I also don't hate that the Bears will come in with 3 days extra rest from their prior TNF game (because it's the Bears).

What's really rough is the Raiders game, with the Patriots having a short week following MNF and the Raiders having a long week after TNF.

For the record, statistically the Patriots actually underperformed based on their win total. For predictive purposes the point differential has proven to be more indicative of a team's quality than a teams record. The expected win total based on the Pats point differential last year was 12.4 wins, so 2.4 than they actually had.
You are what your record says you are.

Beating up dregs like NYJ and Jax may increase a team's "Pythagorian Win Total" but that don't count for sh*t.

You are what your record says you are.

Pats are not going to be a well-rested team by the end of the season, while Barfolo is...

That's not how that stat works. That stat derives primarily from the fact that, earlier in the season, the Patriots are playing an extra game against a team coming off a bye whereas the Bills are playing 1 less game against a team coming off a bye.... but it isn't like Buffalo gets to just breeze through 60 minutes of football when they play a less-well-rested team.

The Patriots bye week is in mid November, compared to Buffalo's which is in late October. If any team will be more well rested for the playoffs, it would be New England.... but let's face it, a bye in mid November isn't going to have much carry over for a playoff game in mid January.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back