PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 Schedule Coming On May 12 2022 - 8 home and 9 away

Another BRUTAL schedule. Not the teams they play per-sea but the home versus away, bye week, teams coming off byes, road games back to back to back. Absolutely BRUTAL. 6-7 wins MAX for this young team.
We got Cole Strange at guard, 17-0 for sure :rolleyes:

I can tell you for a fact that simply is not true. Not even remotely close to being true.

I'm from f*cking Ohio, have never been to a game at Gillette, and even I know that's abject fiction lmao. I know the Pats stadium isn't as loud as we'd like, but it's a sizeable majority of Pats fans in there.

They pretty much screw the Pats every year with regard to playing teams coming off bye weeks.

Someone here suggested pats will win one of the buffalo games? Sorry. I laughed at that.

I see 7 or 8 wins. Don't see them beating Cleveland, az, las vegas, balt, packers, colts, cincy. Plus lose buffalo 2x, miami once. Who knows might lose 1 to the jets. They're due. J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS.

Good news draft pick should be high.

And you can go back to picking your nose because true to tradition, the pathetic Jete are going NOWHERE.

I think they can go 10-7 again. They need to start beating good teams though.

I think this team will play with more swagger this year. I think Mac will be allowed to open it up more on offense than last year. I think he should have an even better year than last year, which will go a long way towards speeding up the rebuild. He truly is the key. If he could increase those TD passes and decrease those INTs, watch out. Though I still think we will be a run heavy team, this team will be less predictable on offense this year I feel.

On defense, I think they will emphasize speed and versatility. Guys will be playing all over the field. Second year improvement of Barmore, first chance to play for Jenkins and McGrone. Youth, speed and hunger.

A lot of if’s. Best 12-5 worst 8-9. Sorry but the team is too well coached and prepared to do worse than 8-9.

I like our schedule a lot. Two back to back Thursday games followed by a long layover for a MNF game really mitigates the disadvantage of those games. Especially since the Sunday game after that MNF game is 4 hours away, meaning it's doubtful the Pats even bother to travel back which gives them the day they would lose back. An early November bye is perfect and we come out of it with what likely is to be a light challenge vs the Jets.

Not an easy schedule based on quality of opponent, but set up wise it worked out pretty well.

2014 Patriots opened in Miami, the team that won the SB, and they collapsed in the 2nd half because it was extremely humid and they weren’t able to deal with it. Foxboro heat in August is nothing like Miami in early September.
Used to go to quite a few 1PM games in early September at Dolphins stadium years ago.
My Dolphins loving buddy with season tickets could never convince his wife to attend September games because of the suffocating heat, so I would get the invite.
After a couple Septembers going to these games, I vowed never again.
The weather report will always be "92 degrees with chance of an afternoon shower"
But sitting in that furnace, you wish it was only 92 degrees while baking in your sun-exposed seat.
The lower bowl in that stadium is an effing oven with absolutely no air movement, especially since the renovations.
I remember one game seeing a field thermometer that was showing 120+ degrees

These are the games when you realize the NFL gives zero schitts about the spectator or the player.
Why schedule a more comfortable for all evening game when we can let 'em all roast midday.
Phuck the chardonnay sipping Ginger Satan who sits in his climate controlled Park Avenue suite greedily tabulating the number of commercials broadcast for each regional game.

In particular check out the footage of the Falcons week in the video it has to do with us ;)
True story we ate Waffle House the morning of SB51 on our way to the game.

They pretty much screw the Pats every year with regard to playing teams coming off bye weeks.

They play 2 teams coming off the bye

jest- Pats also coming of their bye
Cardinals- Pats coming off a Thursday game

I'm from f*cking Ohio, have never been to a game at Gillette, and even I know that's abject fiction lmao. I know the Pats stadium isn't as loud as we'd like, but it's a sizeable majority of Pats fans in there.
Ive never been to a Gillette game either.

All road games. This season probably going back to Pittsburgh for the 4th time.

So many Chicken Little Sallies on this site. 6 wins? GTFOH.

Ya. Pats were a 7 win team with Newton's corpse as the QB and no WRs or TEs outside of Meyers. Defense might not be lockdown but an offense that was the only offense to score 50+ twice last year improved some IMO with Parker, Strong and Thornton. Parker is gonna improve the red zone passing, no more teams just focusing on Henry. Thornton won't be rookie of the year but I think his speed will help open stuff up. Telling you right now there will be some game where Mac cuts up a team just throwing slants to Parker and Thornton. Also as shown by last year at RB you need quality depth. Strong is a legitimate home run threat with the ball in hand. Had 10 TD of 50+ yards in college.

and then there is this

AAU0inN.img

That was Jones & Bourne playing together for the first time and both were in the 1st year of a new system. In my view a connection like that only gets better

Last edited:
Some good, some bad. Opening in Miami is a bit tiresome to me, but there doesn't seem to be a GOOD time for them to play in Miami so when it happens is kind of irrelevant.

Playing the Browns early is good because it increases the chances we miss Watson.

Playing the Cards in the first six weeks would have been better to miss Hopkins, but Murray always has better first halves than second halves of seasons. Chances are he's got some dings by the time week 14 rolls around.

Steelers early is good because they're going to be in the beginnings of their transitions post-Ben.

I don't like when they play on Thanksgiving just for personal reasons, but at least their Thursday game is the next week so they'll only have one short week for the season.

Nothing else really stands out to me one way or the other, as far as dates and times go.

Pats win only 6 games imo if there is a lot of injuries to all the wrong players including Mac Jones.

9-8 +/- 1 game sounds right to me for 2022. Playoffs are 50/50. Better team on paper than last year but tougher to keep up with other teams who have also improved. Still not excited about how the coaching staff looks but we’ll see what happens.

Pats can definitely split with Buffalo if we are closing against them. Bills could have their spots wrapped up by then and they’re resting players. Could be helpful if we are on the wild card bubble.

Week 1: Miami - L

Week 2: Pitt - W

Week 3: Baltimore - L

Week 4: Green Bay - L

Week 5: Detroit - W

Week 6: Cleveland - W

Week 7: Chicago - W

Week 8: Jete: - W

Week 9: Indy - L

Week 11: Jete - W

Week 12: Minn - W

Week 13: Buffalo - L

Week 14: Arizona - L

Week 15: LV - L

Week 16: Cincy - L

Week 17: Miami - W

Week 18: Buffalo - L

I believe the above is the WORST case scenario with wins against Pitt, Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago, Jete X2, Minn, and Miami (at home). That would mean an 8-9 season. However, I think because of Bill’s coaching we can win 2-3 additional games from the remaining match ups like Buffalo (home), Indy, Arizona, and LV. This would be a 11-6 season, which is not too shabby.

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back