PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION 2022 NFL Playoff Saturday - Wild Card Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, this is a New England Patriots forum...I don't think anyone here has a "southern football bias," lol.

Also, yes, Trevor Lawrence is very one-dimensional QB. We saw the Chargers take away the short passing game, it worked just fine. Then they stopped, and Trevor dinked his way back into it.

Trevor Lawrence was 8th in the NFL in number of throws with 10+ air yards this past season. He was 3rd in the NFL in number of throws with 20+ air yards this past season.

2022 Advanced Quarterback Stats | NFL Metrics | FantasyPros

Same old Chargers. If I was ownership/management Staley would be fired Monday and i'd be immediately trying to get Sean Peyton in.

Last edited:
Herbert had opportunities to make some cluth plays and made none.
Third to last drive for the Chargers:
Pass
Pass
Pass
Run
Pass
Pass
FG

Second to last drive for the Chargers:
Run
Pass
Run
Pass attempt (sack) negated by penalty
Run
Pass
Pass attempt (scramble)
Pass (offensive penalty)
Pass
Pass
Pass
Run
Run
Pass
Missed FG

Last drive for the Chargers:

Pass attempt (sack)
Pass
Pass
Punt

Look at that play selection by a team with the lead.

For all that it was a great comeback, some would argue Van Noy dropped an Assante (snr) level int on the last Jax drive. Could have been number 5 and game over. Yes, he was close to the ball but he also seemed to get two hands on it.

That said, you have to give the Jax players and their coaching staff credit for continuing to believe. Seen it a few times this year where Jax get in a hole and TL gets on a role. He seems streaky but when on a streak he looks like the QB from Clemson i.e. can't miss, good with his legs etc. Needs to be more consistent week in week out but if nothing else he's won a play-off game, which is more than Herbert.

Last edited:
Highly unlikely that either Miami or Baltimore win today, so the Chiefs essentially get a free pass to the AFCCG by playing Jax next week...

Last edited:
Highly unlikely that either Miami or Baltimore win today, so the Chiefs essentially get a free pass to the AFCCG by playing Jax next week...
I thought maybe Miami/Baltimore had a chance if both starting QB's were healthy. Imo it would now be a monumental upset of epic propotions if either won today.

So it will probably be Jags@KC and Cin@Buf

NFC side, I have NYG@Phi & Dal@SF

The Chargers HC needs to be fired.

He calls the defense.

He was so upset after that one ... that goes down as one of the more satisfying wins during that era. ;)
I was there.

You never saw a stadium parking lot clear out so fast. Im not joking. As time ticked away, some of the employees that worked at the Chargers baseball stadium were flashing me gang sign language and in my face because I was an opposing fan and SD was cruising to a win. Then the bottom fell out.

The next weekend I drove to Indy for the AFCC. Manning finally beat Brady in the postseason ending an era and the Colts would beat Chicago in the Super Bowl.

The 4th middle ticket down from the top is NE vs SD and below that one is NE vs Indy.

View attachment 20220924_072250.jpg

something about the chargers self destructing just feels right.

The Herbert being better than Burrow takes are laughable btw.
Some of us have been haters for a few years. Burrows ? He might not be Garcia (SF).

Holy crap. What did I miss? I saw 27-0 and went to bed figuring Trevor got baptized and good luck for next season.

Opening this up for today's games.
Wow what a come come back for JAX, talk about a talented underachieving team In the chargers, seems they have been this way since we beat them in the divisional round on 06-07.. however how can I not root for JAX , they are in so many facets mirror images to us.. stout defense with no ALL PRO'S, an offense with a potent running attack and 2s and 3s at WR.. the difference is COACHING is why they are in the divisional round!

Wow what a come come back for JAX, talk about a talented underachieving team In the chargers, seems they have been this way since we beat them in the divisional round on 06-07.. however how can I not root for JAX , they are in so many facets mirror images to us.. stout defense with no ALL PRO'S, an offense with a potent running attack and 2s and 3s at WR.. the difference is COACHING is why they are in the divisional round!
Maybe. Or maybe many fans are so enamoured with good-looking-on-paper Chargers’ players and - especially - QB to realize they might not be nearly as “good” as the media suggests.

What, other than stats, suggests Herbert is anything more than a glorified Garcia ? He’s only once made the playoffs and he couldn’t seal the deal.

I guess KVN saw Boogeymen

Maybe. Or maybe many fans are so enamoured with good-looking-on-paper Chargers’ players and - especially - QB to realize they might not be nearly as “good” as the media suggests.

What, other than stats, suggests Herbert is anything more than a glorified Garcia ? He’s only once made the playoffs and he couldn’t seal the deal.
Spot on! Fair assessment of the chargers. I believe thier issues are Coaching and thier play makers are constantly on the IR far to much..

man, that 2006 Chargers team was so good. so much talent. easily one of the best teams of the century

the fact the Pats beat them (and how they did it) tells you that franchise is cursed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots