PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION 2022 NFL Playoff Saturday - Wild Card Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chargers have a lot of talent on the field . but their by far the biggest talent is finding ways to lose games that matter -.-

No wonder the fan base is so thin . hard to survive the constant hype&out..

Hah, Bosa's tantrum lost them the game. Idiot.
Made a complete fool of himself. Staley rushed to pick up his helmet, and for some stupid reason handed it right back to him, and Bosa spiked it off the ground for a second time. Comical.

Am I the only one who still has little respect for Trevor Lawrence as a legit QB? All he did was throw the ball short all night (hitch, shallow cross, bubble-screen) to a laughable degree. The only reason why it worked in the 2nd half was because the Chargers stopped playing aggressive tight coverage. To be fair, I give Trevor full credit for that one coverage breakdown and that last TD pass. That's all.

Really, that "comeback" was all on Staley finding a way to lose. They had figured out Lawrence to a tee, but just stopped doing it.

the more i think about it, i dont think staley will be fired... the chargers are a chep franchise... not sure they'd be willing to pay out his contract

In THIS thread, during THIS game, people were hyping Herbert up... I can't wrap my head around it. He has the tools but he's done absolutely zip in his career so far besides an epic playoff choke job in his single playoff appearance.
Needs better coaching, that's clear. He's three years in and still throwing the ball like that. That's a horrible disservice to that kid.

- Chargers fire Staley and immediately land Sean Payton due to having a good QB

- Patriots hire Bill O'Brien as OC to go back to their traditional offense

- Raiders get obliterated by Chiefs and Payton-led Chargers in their division in 2023

- Raiders fire Josh McDaniels due to ditching Carr and awful record

- O'Brien turns around Pats offense in a year and gets a head coach job due to it in 2024

- Patriots bring back McDaniels as OC to replace O'Brien again

Bing bang boom

In all seriousness if the chargers do fire Staley any interest as a possible OC?

Edit: Nevermind didn’t realize he was LAR DC.

I agree. Dude was hot garbage for 20 minutes and just shrugged it off and balled out. Brass balls on that guy. In a very strange way, this is an all-time performance by a QB.
I want to give him credit but I want to know how in the world those WRs were so wide open !!!

Staley is a defensive coach? OK, you're up 27. Time to go zone and give them a 5 yard buffer. Keep everything ahead of you. make them dink and dunk down the field.

How is it NFL coaches don't know the basics???

There is no way in that situation that you give up TDs to wide open guys.

Am I the only one who still has little respect for Trevor Lawrence as a legit QB? All he did was throw the ball short all night (hitch, shallow cross, bubble-screen) to a laughable degree. The only reason why it worked in the 2nd half was because the Chargers stopped playing aggressive tight coverage. To be fair, I give Trevor full credit for that one coverage breakdown and that last TD pass. That's all.

Really, that "comeback" was all on Staley finding a way to lose. They had figured out Lawrence to a tee, but just stopped doing it.
Still have to give him some credit. He made some pretty good throws tonight. Still a little overrated, but you don't come back from 27-0 without making enough plays to win. He deserves it, especially for overcoming that first-half performance.

Justin Herbert best QB in the league?
Drew Brees and Deshaun Watson led the entire NFL in passing, their teams won single digit games and missed the playoffs.

Meanwhile the winning QB threw 4 INT’s tonight.

The way you people put QB’s on a pedestal is absurd.

You're probably one of the few right now

Can't see how Staley survives this. Not after the questionable things he has done this season.

But Chargers ownership may be too cheap to go after Payton.

Looks like Herbert is the perfect replacement for Rivers who was a big time regular season QB who came up small in the playoffs over and over and over.
I mean, Rivers was pretty clutch against us, but yeah he never won the big win

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
Tonight just another example why the NFL is the best league/sport in the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes