PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 NFL midterm observations, surprises and disappointments

THE REST OF THE STORY
6a. I think PHI has 18 turnovers.
6b. We have played 9 games. Many have played only 8.
6c. The patriots lead the league in giveaways.
6d. The patriots have a turnover differential of 0, just as many takeaways as giveaways,

BOTTOM LINE
The patriots Defense is one of the very best at taking away the ball. If the Offense can be average in giveaways, the team should be in good shape,
Your link says the same thing as I pointed out.

NE has given the ball away 17 times
Phi has given the ball away 3 times. Hurt has 2 INTs

That's all fine but the Patriots faced one of the lowest SOS/SOV schedules in the league during this 1st half.

Now, they have the 2nd hardest schedule in these next 8 games. If they can perform like they did in the 1st half, I'll become a believer. I have my doubts.
That's it Tony?

All you got. I was expecting details about how this Pats roster is terrible. If this Pats team lost to the easiest stretch of the schedule (as you claim) THEN, ya this roster sucks. They won vs the non post season teams though because they were better. How is facing 2 of the hottest QBs vs Tua and Lamar Jackson easy? Rodgers is still a HOF QB and that's why GB won that game. The NE defense made athletic plays vs the Jets that had Wilson shaking his head.

This Pats team is very reminiscent of a Parcells NY Giants team. The Pats are not losing vs the top teams because the roster is bad. The Pats are losing because one player named Cam Jones is a joke. Its a clown show until he gets run out of town.

As it stands right now the Pats faced 3 post season teams so far MIA, BALT, NYJ. After the BYE they face 5 post season teams NYJ, MN, MIA, BUFF x 2. If a QB change is not made then this season will be down the drain.

Josh McDaniels and the LVR are a big disappointment too. So much for winning the offseason. Adams is having a good season but there's absolutely nothing else in their passing game. Now injuries are adding up including we won't see Waller again until December. They probably should lean on Josh Jacobs a bit more as he's quietly having a very good season.

I thought Chandler Jones was going to be a nice fit for their defense playing opposite Maxx Crosby but Jones has been a major zero so far. Their defense is dead last in takeaways too which is a really bad area to suck.

Watch out if they lose to the pathetic Colts who are an organizational circus act right now. One might be inclined to fire the head coach with a loss there.
I 'd love to see them lose to the Colts, but I think that is near impossible with the Colts clearly in tank mode.

As much as i hate them the jets are probably my biggest suprise. Figured theyd no longer be a pushover but never 6-3. Hoping they come back down to earth.

Disappointment- rams. They are horrible. Stafford im not sure about how hurt he is but goff is better right now. At least they got their ring last year.

If the nfc south continues its path it may be the worst division since 2010 when the 7-9 seahawks won the nfc west. Honestly think the winner will be 7-10.

Eagles and dolphins big acquisitions are paying off thus far. Lets see where it ultimately goes though. Vegas, bigtime fail. Chargers, tbd but not looking good. Denver is f’d .
As bad as the NFCS is the AFCS is actually worse. The NFCE has a big advantage by playing the AFCS and the AFCN benefits from playing the NFCS.

The Broncos in the AFC and the Cardinals in the NFC aren't doing very well. Denver's O/U for wins this year was 10.5 and the Cards 9.5. Luckily I took the under in both and they're locks unless they go 8-1 and 7-2.

One other observation.

The Pats' coaching this year has been a HUGE disappointment.
Vince Lombardi could not will this QB to win.

He is too slow and that's part of the reason why the OL looks so bad. Patriots WRs, TEs and RBs have a step on their defenders and are open by NFL standards, but you must have a QB who # 1, isn't afraid to throw the ball and # 2, has the physical ability to make the throw.

So, he holds the ball waiting for a target to get open and by that time the defense devours him or rattles him into a turnover or errant throw ridiculously off target. So, you people blame the coaches and OL when this dimwit QB nearly gave the Jets game away with a PICK 6.

Where is the roster that bad?

Not TE,RB,WR,DB,DL,LB,K,KR

OL has effected the QB play. Punter has effected field position.

Remove Judon, and our DEs AND LBs suck;

Our DTs have held-up so far, though I’m still not convinced they have what it takes;

The Free Safety is usually late to the party, and we’re still an Outside CB away from a full set, because I prefer Jonathan Jones on the Inside instead of the HORRIBLE Myles of Space Bryant.

I do agree with your opinion of the OL, which is one of the Very Worst in football, and of the Punter, who is THE Worst.

Last edited:
As much as i hate them the jets are probably my biggest suprise. Figured theyd no longer be a pushover but never 6-3. Hoping they come back down to earth.

Disappointment- rams. They are horrible. Stafford im not sure about how hurt he is but goff is better right now. At least they got their ring last year.

If the nfc south continues its path it may be the worst division since 2010 when the 7-9 seahawks won the nfc west. Honestly think the winner will be 7-10.

Eagles and dolphins big acquisitions are paying off thus far. Lets see where it ultimately goes though. Vegas, bigtime fail. Chargers, tbd but not looking good. Denver is f’d .
The Vegas fan base wants McDaniels head he's in the running for the Worse Raiders HC ever.
off with his head GIF

Believe in our QB Mac. You're going to see a Mac at full strength after the Pats bye. Were back in business.
The Pats are not losing vs the top teams because the roster is bad. The Pats are losing because one player named Cam Jones is a joke. Its a clown show until he gets run out of town.
Confused Mark Wahlberg GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back