PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 NFC & AFC Championship pregame thread

I wonder (hope) they are getting some inside info on mahomes ankle. Who knows, from the few times ive paid attention to these they have been a strong predictor… but they’ve been mostly closer to kickoff
I don't think so.
Bengals play KC well they're 3-0 in the Burrow era against them.

I'm sure they do.

Patrick Mahomes's locker...that moves the spread at least 1 point, maybe even 1.5.

s-l1600.jpg

I don't think so.

All those games have been very close. You have to think the Chiefs will eventually break through, although with Mahomes high ankle sprain it may be tough this year.

I don't think so.

Yes but they did know this when they had kc -1.5 at first

Edit: i see what you’re saying now in regards to the heavy betting moving that line. I still would find it hard to bet on cincy based on the past matchups. Cincy didn’t dominate or anything, they all came down to the wire. If mahomes was full strength I would’ve probably leaned towards kc and like odds or them finally winning one of these as things tend to even out over the long run.

Last edited:
Preference of winning among remaining teams

1. Bengals
-Only team I'd be 100% cool with winning. Only team remaining with no Super Bowl championship and a franchise I have no ill-will towards. Joe has Brady-esque qualities.

2. 49ers
Rather not have them tie us for Super Bowl wins, but hard to root against the Brock Purdy story + no ill will towards this franchise either.

3. Eagles
I don't genuinely hate-hate them (like I do the Giants, Ravens) but I certainly don't like them either. They just have a general stench to them.

4. Chiefs
Absolute worst case scenario, completely insufferable result. The Mahomes "GOAT" (yes GOAT, not just best right now....the media has already bizarrely started calling him the GOAT) and ballwashing will be out of control. They're doing the same with him they did for Rodgers vs Brady for nearly a decade until they finally gave up on that one. Romo may audibly orgasm on CBS this week if they advance.

Preference of winning among remaining teams

1. Bengals
-Only team I'd be 100% cool with winning. Only team remaining with no Super Bowl championship and a franchise I have no ill-will towards. Joe has Brady-esque qualities.

2. 49ers
Rather not have them tie us for Super Bowl wins, but hard to root against the Brock Purdy story + no ill will towards this franchise either.

3. Eagles
I don't genuinely hate-hate them (like I do the Giants, Ravens) but I certainly don't like them either. They just have a general stench to them.

4. Chiefs
Absolute worst case scenario, completely insufferable result. The Mahomes "GOAT" (yes GOAT, not just best right now....the media has already bizarrely started calling him the GOAT) and ballwashing will be out of control. They're doing the same with him they did for Rodgers vs Brady for nearly a decade until they finally gave up on that one. Romo may audibly orgasm on CBS this week if they advance.

Romo: "You know, Jim, I don't want to say it. No, no. It's too soon. <Mouse squeak> Too soon. But, well, when we talk about comparing to an all-time legend like Brady...I mean, you can't right? But he still has so many years ahead of him, and what he's done in these five seasons, Jim. What he's done is <let's out a female orgasm/choking sound>. I mean, can we compare the two yet, Jim? What Patrick Mahomes does on the field, the way he changes the game in a way no one ever has...could we be watching the greatest ever right now?"

Nantz: "After you left the hotel last Saturday, I banged your wife. I went to a clinic today and sure enough I have several STDs."

People ok with the Bengals winning it despite them turning NE in for Spygate 2.0?

As long as Kansas City doesn't win whatever happens will be cool with me

Yea same, I'd be ok with any remaining team winning SB except KC

9ers DE Charles Omenihu was arrested for dv... Started 3 games, played in all 17... Typically plays around 50% of the defensive snaps... 4.5 sacks in the regular season, 2 sacks vs seattle, none vs dallas... Any repercussions this late in the season or is it all swept under the rug til after the post season? does it affect the niners d at all?

9ers DE Charles Omenihu was arrested for dv... Started 3 games, played in all 17... Typically plays around 50% of the defensive snaps... 4.5 sacks in the regular season, 2 sacks vs seattle, none vs dallas... Any repercussions this late in the season or is it all swept under the rug til after the post season? does it affect the niners d at all?

Read its a misdemeanour charge. Unless there's more to it, he'll play.

Read its a misdemeanour charge. Unless there's more to it, he'll play.
ahh, then he'll probably plead to something like illegal parking, if his gf decides to press charges at all...

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back