PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 Mock Drafts

This mock seems pretty reasonable, but we are all reading tea leaves. However I would put Sauce Gardner a little higher than 5! That is pretty lofty, but CB is a huge need for most teams, and he is lights out. A shutdown corner improves the whole D since it frees up a safety.

On the other side of the ball, I am not so sure that the Falcons take Jameson Williams. To take a guy like that, you need some institutional patience (which the Patriots have but most teams do not) or a lots of extra picks which the Falcons do not have. Jameson lost some of his luster for me when he was shutdown by Sauce Gardner. I could see him slipping to 21, but do the Patriots dare take him when they have so many other holes to fill?

I like all the players... But there needs to be room for a Beef Curtain somewhere in there...
i agree. the jets snacked jones at 35 and i did not see the value at the NT position before the McCall Pick...

1651162075632.png
The Greedy Williams trade is very unlikely, but saw it in an article and gave it a shot. Maybe for the 3rd straight up would work.

The more likely scenario:
1651162345078.png

Did a quick one at PFN. Traded 21 and 54 for 40 and 41:

40. Travis Jones, DT
41. Jaquan Brisker, S
85. Cade Mays, IOL
127. Darrian Beavers, LB
158. Kyle Phillips, WR
183. Josh Paschal, Edge
200. Bo Melton, WR
210, Chase Lucas, CB
245. Isaih Pacheco, RB

I think their draft board is way off (Paschal and Brisker), and of course, trades are a total crap shoot, but I wouldn't mind this at all.

Did a quick one at PFN. Traded 21 and 54 for 40 and 41:

40. Travis Jones, DT
41. Jaquan Brisker, S
85. Cade Mays, IOL
127. Darrian Beavers, LB
158. Kyle Phillips, WR
183. Josh Paschal, Edge
200. Bo Melton, WR
210, Chase Lucas, CB
245. Isaih Pacheco, RB

I think their draft board is way off (Paschal and Brisker), and of course, trades are a total crap shoot, but I wouldn't mind this at all.
i wouldn't mind the players you picked but the trade seems unfair for the pats. Trading down 19 spots from 21 just to trade up 13 spots in the second. Can we almost get 40 and 41 for 21 and a mid to late round (4/5)? Idk..need to look at the trade chart.

i wouldn't mind the players you picked but the trade seems unfair for the pats. Trading down 19 spots from 21 just to trade up 13 spots in the second. Can we almost get 40 and 41 for 21 and a mid to late round (4/5)? Idk..need to look at the trade chart.
I think trade downs won't bring much this year. Getting two picks under 45 meant Brisker and Jones on that particular board.

Here's my PFF one (no trades...assumption: Bailey is out) - EDIT: TO BE CLEAR, before a certain poster decides to misconstrue and attack, I think they keep Bailey, but if not, as I assumed for this draft ONLY, that would be a good place to secure his replacement.

1651165552914.png

I think trade downs won't bring much this year. Getting two picks under 45 meant Brisker and Jones on that particular board.
then i would stay put or trade maybe for future picks idk depends on the offer and the board.
Here's my PFF one (no trades...assumption: Bailey is out) - EDIT: TO BE CLEAR, before a certain poster decides to misconstrue and attack, I think they keep Bailey, but if not, as I assumed for this draft ONLY, that would be a good place to secure his replacement.

View attachment 42723

then i would stay put or trade maybe for future picks idk depends on the offer and the board.
Fair enough. I expect the drop off from Jones and Brisker to be considerable at two positions of need and expect neither at 54. Nor would I expect any top CBs around at 54.

Fair enough. I expect the drop off from Jones and Brisker to be considerable at two positions of need and expect neither at 54. Nor would I expect any top CBs around at 54.
dito but i would then go for other directions and BPA. We need talent/quality more than quantity imo.

dito but i would then go for other directions and BPA. We need talent/quality more than quantity imo.
Agreed, but I think Jones/Brisker is better quality than anything we can get at 21 and 54 the way the board played out (Davis, Hill, the top corners were all gone).

I might have taken Lloyd at 21, but I I figured I would have lost Brisker and Jones at my next pick. And those two seemed like the best duo I could salvage.

Agreed, but I think Jones/Brisker is better quality than anything we can get at 21 and 54 the way the board played out (Davis, Hill, the top corners were all gone).

I might have taken Lloyd at 21, but I I figured I would have lost Brisker and Jones at my next pick. And those two seemed like the best duo I could salvage.
i like the jones pick but would rather have a CB or DE instead of Brisker... We need an outside guy but they were probably gone..the edge guys as well?

500+490 =990(sea) for Pats 800+360 = 1160

i like the jones pick but would rather have a CB or DE instead of Brisker... We need an outside guy but they were probably gone..the edge guys as well?
Sauce, Booth, Stingley, Elam, McDuffie all gone. I think Gordon was there, but I trust BCG on this and really like his assessment of Brisker (Hill was gone, too).

I think Pats think they have LB's on roster they need. I dont care, I am drafting 2 more, always wanted a playmaker like Dean, and Anderson could turn out to be a stud . Adam anderson has many red flags, but I pff_mock_results(3).pngwill give him a chance in the 7th

Sauce, Booth, Stingley, Elam, McDuffie all gone. I think Gordon was there, but I trust BCG on this and really like his assessment of Brisker (Hill was gone, too).
That’s tough indeed , I would take Gordon late first at best or early second

Final mock draft run. Would you be happy with the Patriots draft if it fell this way today?

Got Mac Jones a Day 1 weapon in Olave, Secured the best remaining gap stuffing DT on Day 2 with Travis Jones, and double dipped at CB with the hopes that at least one of them will pan out.

1651178395038.png

Last one I was able to do

1651186780782.png

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots