PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 Free Agent Rankings

Triumph

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
WR - Allen Robinson would work perfect with Jones, but he wants too much money. Contested catches are no problem for Robinson and I believe that he would work out great as the move the chains player thats missing per Dante Scar.

Gallup is an interesting consideration. for that shifty underneath/ also deep threat.
But really looking for CB or LB here.

Pats need a LT too.

Wynn is a bust.
If we resign Trent Brown, he can always move to LT and we'll have Onwenu at RT.......I do think that OT is a position that we need to keep a close eye on though.

Pats need a LT too.

Wynn is a bust.
Well PFF says your options are $19M+ for Terron Armstead or Orlando Brown. Wynn's PFF grade was better than Duane Brown, Eric Fisher, Morgan Moses, Trent Brown, Riley Reiff, Germain Ifedi, Brandon Shell, and Bobby Massie, the other 8 guys in PFF's top 10.

Strong wr, cb and edge class.....Was looking to see if there were any fat/big bodies in the middle....didn't look like any.

Sign Chandler Jones, Rob Gronkowski, and Stephon Gilmore!

If we resign Trent Brown, he can always move to LT and we'll have Onwenu at RT.......I do think that OT is a position that we need to keep a close eye on though.
It's funny, that's what DropKickFlutie posted all season long and he was laughed at.

It's funny, that's what DropKickFlutie posted all season long and he was laughed at.
Him and the captain said it several times, about the d line as well and they were more right than many thought or want to admit

and rightly so... by midseason the best version of the line was playing... and when you keep banging the drum to change that up over and over, you do, in fact, get laughed at.

Last edited:
we aren't cutting Wynn
we aren't replacing Wynn with Trent Brown

I had some good conversations with him about the o line...although I never thought it would happen last year, I leave it open as a possibility next year, depending on Wynn.

WR - Allen Robinson would work perfect with Jones, but he wants too much money. Contested catches are no problem for Robinson and I believe that he would work out great as the move the chains player thats missing per Dante Scar.

Give me Chark over Robinson.
I’d love one of the 2 Jessie Bates or Jordan Reid.
Hassan Reddick, and at Corner give me Darious Williams.

we aren't cutting Wynn
we aren't replacing Wynn with Trent Brown

The Pats can't cut Wynn. Well, they can, but they still have to pay him the $10 million he is owed. So there is no reason to cut him.

I wouldn't be shocked if he is traded. I seriously doubt he will, but I wouldn't be shocked if he was.

This year's free agency should be interesting. Next year's cap is likely going to explode with all the new TV contracts kicking in. So free agent signed this year will end up being a value compared to what free agencies will look like going forward. And a smart team that is up close to the cap can still be a major player this year as long as they push more of the cap hits into future years rather than this year.

Conceivably, the Pats could spend like they did last year this year and not be penalized for it if they structure contracts right. I doubt they will. But they may be more active than people expect them to be.

Doing it mid season when Brown hadn’t played a snap at LT in OTAs or training camp is different than planning for him to be the LT throughout the offseason. This is especially true given that Brown missed several weeks early in the season with the calf injury……moving to left tackle may have increased the risk of re-injury (180° difference in movements and lower body angles). If they gave him this off-season to work at LT, that is a different story.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats franchise and trade JC Jackson. A lot of teams have multiple first round picks with CB needs and might give up one of their picks for him.

I also expect the Pats to get a slot receiver in free agency. I think there are quite a few available. Christian Kirk would be a nice addition. But I am thinking Belichick will target Isiah McKenzie. Belichick loves guys who shine against the Pats. I wouldn't be opposed to it. McKenzie's lack of production is probably because he plays the same position as Cole Beasley.

Pats need a LT too.

Wynn is a bust.

Don't major in the minors. Wynn is serviceable, we have much bigger fish to fry. Did you notice our defense during the Buffalo playoff game?

Wynn is rated at 31st and Brown is 34th on PFF. PFF might be wrong but they are not far off. Moving Brown to left tackle to replace Wynn is "standing still". We need to move forward fixing major deficiencies. Why do you want to look for a new tackle when that uses up cap dollars OR draft capital we need in other places? The objective in the offseason is to improve.

Because Wynn is not a major problem - we have big issues and people keep harping on minor issues. Let's stay focused on the goal of dramatically improving. We improved greatly from 2020 to 2021 - BB was chosen as executive of the year. Replacing a serviceable player like Wynn in 2022 takes time, money, or draft capital. Let's spend our limited resources on the major weaknesses. Wynn is not a major issue. Let's repeat the success of the 2021 off-season.

Him and the captain said it several times, about the d line as well and they were more right than many thought or want to admit

Who are the many? Since there are "many" you should easily be able to name 4 or 5.

Wynn is not a major issue. Prioritize the major issues and attack those. DT is a major issue. CB is a major issue. I think DE is a major issue. If DMac retires, FS is a major issue. OT is a medium or minor issue.

Give me Chark over Robinson.
I’d love one of the 2 Jessie Bates or Jordan Reid.
Hassan Reddick, and at Corner give me Darious Williams.
Robinson would be so perfect for Mac, but I like Chark too.

He is sort off unmined talent. Just the type to wind up in NE on a prove it deal.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back